"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Add it to the list. Trump took pot shots at the Post Office. WTF?

Remember, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

Mighty Member

Seems like a weird fight to pick, but I also hate the postal service generally, so hey.

Though it seems to me like charging Amazon less ensures them a massive amount of business right? I mean, if they charged Amazon more, and then Amazon just cut ties with the postal service, since there are a bunch of other ways to ship...the postal service would lose a lot of money, wouldn't they? Things like Amazon are about the only thing keeping the postal service going. Amazon and holiday stamps.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Add it to the list. Trump took pot shots at the Post Office. WTF?

Remember, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.
    This is greed and envy emerging. He's jealous of Jeff Bezos, the Amazon CEO, for being richer, successful, and more respected than he is, plain and simple.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

This will be the second time that Mike Pence is complicit in laying the seeds for an HIV outbreak. This time, nationally though instead of just in Indiana.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Mighty Member

Reporters grapple with the 'right' way to cover the far right
    https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Societ...right?cmpid=FB

I thought this was an interesting read.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    There is still enough time for voters to get distracted by Alien Bachelor Survivor: Return to Jersey Shore's Real Housewives.
    I'd like to see more of that energy for the midterms as we saw from the January Women's march in D.C right after Trump's inauguration

Mighty Member

I saw a comment under an article about his approval rating being the same as Obama's at the end of Obama's first year. The comment said something like, "I don't understand why after all the good he's done for the country, you all can't just give him a break", or something similar.

Well, what he's done good for the country is debatable...I'm not sure he's done anything good for the country, though there are people that view the tax reform as a good thing and they also give him all the credit for the economy, which is doing well thanks to President Obama fixing shit after the W debacle. But beside that stuff anyway, at this point it almost doesn't matter what good he might do. He could decide to implement things that I actually want, like single payer, but it wouldn't make any difference. From Arpaio to the Muslim ban to his silly war on Christmas to his attacks on the press to innumerable sexist remarks and all of his lies, going all the way back to the inauguration crowd size lie...it does not matter what he does at this point.

And the other thing is, like...after 8 years of bashing Obama...and still bashing Obama...and still bashing Hillary (that goes for both Trump and his supporters)...I mean, this shit goes two ways. I'm willing to place blame on both sides for how broken political discourse is now, and how blindingly partisan things are.

It's also weird how much it bothers Trump supporters when people criticize Trump. Like, for 8 years, I watched conservative friends bash Obama, and racist family members and ex-friends post racist memes about Obama. I can't imagine feeling bothered to comment, asking why or demanding they give Obama a chance, etc. I just either ignore that shit or unfriend the people actually posting racist stuff.

I mean, I guess I shouldn't even give the whole thing too much thought, since we know most of those comments come from fake accounts anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    According to Clinton and associates, the illegal act would be impossible to do, because they declared (I think under penalty of law) that the emails were irretrievable.
    If you were to, for argument's sake, attempt to break into Fort Knox. And failed, because the security there has tightened up since a certain Mr. Auric Goldfinger tried it. The guards will still arrest you for trying to break in. And if, upon questioning, you give them the name of the guy who encouraged you to try to break into Fort Knox, they'll arrest that guy, too, and charge him with conspiracy.

Oh, don't worry. Trump will replace them with the "best" people. Because he knows the "best" people.

iMan 42s

I have a lot to unpack with the post office remark but I'll keep it brief.
    The post office job sucks. You're almost never without work but that also means that your constantly working most days a week and with a massive route. Like with any delivery service you're also required to get packages to a customer by a specific time, and that means early hours because deliveries don't normally wait until the end of the day. Some services are even required to box products themselves and that eats up time. And who can forget that most of the time they have equipment that's largely outdated. Being a mailman sucks and does not need Trump and his supporters making it worse for them.

But y'know what makes Amazon a lot of money compared to the post office? The post office isn't a market service, the post is a delivery service. There is going to outright be an difference in the amount of money Amazon makes due to this. And if that wasn't enough they charge what they do for Amazon in part because Amazon CAN deliver its own packages. Not much is stopping Amazon from doing their own thing, but taking a little bit from the post to handle their stuff reaches more consumers which does good for the post.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Seems like a weird fight to pick, but I also hate the postal service generally, so hey.

Though it seems to me like charging Amazon less ensures them a massive amount of business right? I mean, if they charged Amazon more, and then Amazon just cut ties with the postal service, since there are a bunch of other ways to ship...the postal service would lose a lot of money, wouldn't they? Things like Amazon are about the only thing keeping the postal service going. Amazon and holiday stamps.
    The postal service is required to have the full funding for each employee's retirement the day they get hired. No other arm of the government or private industry is forced to do this, which is where most of the lost money comes from. It's an artificial crisis.

I saw a comment under an article about his approval rating being the same as Obama's at the end of Obama's first year. The comment said something like, "I don't understand why after all the good he's done for the country, you all can't just give him a break", or something similar.

Well, what he's done good for the country is debatable...I'm not sure he's done anything good for the country, though there are people that view the tax reform as a good thing and they also give him all the credit for the economy, which is doing well thanks to President Obama fixing shit after the W debacle. But beside that stuff anyway, at this point it almost doesn't matter what good he might do. He could decide to implement things that I actually want, like single payer, but it wouldn't make any difference. From Arpaio to the Muslim ban to his silly war on Christmas to his attacks on the press to innumerable sexist remarks and all of his lies, going all the way back to the inauguration crowd size lie...it does not matter what he does at this point.

And the other thing is, like...after 8 years of bashing Obama...and still bashing Obama...and still bashing Hillary (that goes for both Trump and his supporters)...I mean, this shit goes two ways. I'm willing to place blame on both sides for how broken political discourse is now, and how blindingly partisan things are.

It's also weird how much it bothers Trump supporters when people criticize Trump. Like, for 8 years, I watched conservative friends bash Obama, and racist family members and ex-friends post racist memes about Obama. I can't imagine feeling bothered to comment, asking why or demanding they give Obama a chance, etc. I just either ignore that shit or unfriend the people actually posting racist stuff.

I mean, I guess I shouldn't even give the whole thing too much thought, since we know most of those comments come from fake accounts anyway.
    Like I said most of the polarization has to do with the US history and its inability to move forwards to many people are stuck in the past but in general you are right many to many are stoked in their "we vs them" world view.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Speculation will center on the likelihood they were fired because Trump doesn’t want ANY Obama era appointees in his administration. But the cynic in me suspects the Orange Menace doesn’t care about HIV/AIDS, probably having had noted homophobe Red Grant whisper in his ear that the disease only affects gay people and that straight people have nothing to worry about.
    Pence is probably still mad when Obama stopped his plan to kill more minorities and drug users with AIDS in Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    Like I said most of the polarization has to do with the US history and its inability to move forwards to many people are stuck in the past but in general you are right many to many are stoked in their "we vs them" world view.
    A lot of liberals share the same outlook. Obama,BTW, is one of the few "celebrity liberals" who never came across that way.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

There is so much wrong with that post, starting with the head scratching fake news content in the very first sentence.