Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Glad to see you've admitted your political acumen to be right on the level of Stan Lee.
    I guess by dissing Stan the Man you revealed that you have accepted that you couldn't possibly be less popular around here.

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

Is Stan Lee reputed to be, like, politically ignorant or something?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Is Stan Lee reputed to be, like, politically ignorant or something?
    He seems to be more on top of it than most celebrities.

I mean, he wrote Silver Surfer and the X-Men so ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I didn't say that I knew any of the persons accused were guilty. Re Spacey in particular, I don't know that, you don't know that, and the people cutting Spacey out of ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD don't know that. I said before that it's one thing to believe on a personal level that a celebrity has probably done wrong, and another thing to act as if it's been proven in court.

But of course liberals who want to simplify politics by conflating neo-Confederates with Neo-Nazis would have no problem with trials by public accusation.
    Weren't you just saying that the preponderance of accusations pretty much means he's guilty of something? The public isn't going to wait for the Court to determine guilt or not before turning on him or not either, so businesses have to take that into account.

Of course if you want to go by your simplified logic we should never assume any form of alien will ever exist so don't need to have any idea of what to do just in case we meet, regardless of the odds that there is some sort alien out there in existence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    start sure

finish.....ehhh not so much

Glad to see you've admitted your political acumen to be right on the level of Stan Lee.
    Well, he makes some good points you should listen to. Such as:

or...

Last edited by worstblogever; 01-03-2018 at 03:02 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Paul Manafort files civil suit against Mueller and the DOJ.
    If that actually works, I'll be in shock.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

what a toolbox

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If that actually works, I'll be in shock.
    He's doing it to sway public opinion.

If he was serious about dismissal, he'd file in the courts.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

And a pinko commie would have no problems with a command economy that dictates to the entertainment industry to keep employing people who are bad for business.
    Pardon me if I laugh while imagining you trying to find a place where I've advocated "a command economy."

All you would find-- if you looked, which you won't-- is my statements that I find "preemptive strikes" of this kind immoral.

I guess by dissing Stan the Man you revealed that you have accepted that you couldn't possibly be less popular around here.
    Truth is, I've defended the guy far more than I'd bet anyone else here has, on issues of creativity, editorship, payment issues, and so on.

But whatever his other merits, the man was less than astute regarding politics, which is what makes it funny for you to have evoked one of his old "Commie-hunting" stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Weren't you just saying that the preponderance of accusations pretty much means he's guilty of something? The public isn't going to wait for the Court to determine guilt or not before turning on him or not either, so businesses have to take that into account.

Of course if you want to go by your simplified logic we should never assume any form of alien will ever exist so don't need to have any idea of what to do just in case we meet, regardless of the odds that there is some sort alien out there in existence.
    Dunno where the "alien" comment comes from and don't care.

I only said that I might harbor the private opinion that Spacey could be guilty of some offenses. But I don't agree with making decisions based on the "court of opinion," even if I think the court might be right.

Frail and disoriented, Cochran says he's not retiring

Mississippi GOP Sen. Thad Cochran insists that he is not retiring from Congress, despite widespread speculation about the veteran lawmaker’s health and political future.

The 79-year-old Cochran appeared frail and at times disoriented during a brief hallway interview on Wednesday. He was unable to answer whether he would remain chairman of the Appropriations Committee, and at one point, needed a staffer to remind him where the Senate chamber is located.
    “Don’t believe everything you hear,” Cochran said in a low voice when asked whether he plans to retire after 44 years in office.

However, when queried about whether he would stay on as Appropriations chairman, Cochran seemed confused and just repeated the question. “As chairman of the Appropriations Committee?” Cochran asked.

Cochran had to be guided by staffers around a security checkpoint inside the Capitol. He started to walk into a first-floor room — though the Senate chamber is on the second floor. He was then ushered by an aide up to the Senate.

When another reporter asked whether leadership had pressured Cochran to return for a vote on the budget resolution — a key moment in the tax reform debate — Cochran smiled and responded, “It’s a beautiful day outside.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.