Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Of course. You've made up yours. And you think you're right. They don't and they don't have to think you're right.
    Well, he is right.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Well this is odd, talking about changes people minds and i just found this recent study about the subject.

I will copy paste the absctract to see if it tickles your fancy but i suggest anyone to read it, is about how people change their minds when presented with evidence, this report came out recently.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=2819073

The Elusive Backfire Effect: Mass Attitudes' Steadfast Factual Adherence

Can citizens heed factual information, even when such information challenges their partisan
    and ideological attachments? The “backfire effect,” described by Nyhan and Reifler
    (2010), says no: rather than simply ignoring factual information, presenting respondents
    with facts can compound their ignorance. In their study, conservatives presented with factual
    information about the absence of Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq became more
    convinced that such weapons had been found. The present paper presents results from
    five experiments in which we enrolled more than 10,100 subjects and tested 52 issues of
    potential backfire. Across all experiments, we found no corrections capable of triggering
    backfire, despite testing precisely the kinds of polarized issues where backfire should be
    expected. Evidence of factual backfire is far more tenuous than prior research suggests.
    By and large, citizens heed factual information, even when such information challenges
    their ideological commitments.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Taylor Rose is proof that racism isn't being bred out, it isn't going to magically go away as boomers die out. It is insidious, vile, and needs to be burned out. Being 'nice' to racists, being 'tolerant' of racists, just hoping/praying that they will go away WILL NOT WORK.

Punch a Nazi. Educate your children. Stop hoping someone else will make the bad people stop.
    Punch a Nazi? I’m all for it. You don’t engage with cockroaches, you step on them like the vermin they are.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Well, he is right.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    oh very much so

Im quoting you online
    Feel free! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Punch a Nazi? I’m all for it. You don’t engage with cockroaches, you step on them like the vermin they are.
    Goddamn right!

On another bit of news that i plan to post in the LGBT thread.

I think is dead on accurate when it comes to the U.S about how guns are equalizers.

LGBT fighting against gaybashers, women fighting against rapists, blacks fighting against lynch mobs... Firearms are necessary right for there to truly be equality

I find the subject interesting since my best friend told me he wants to be a woman and even now when he has changed his appereances a little to be more feminine, he has told me that some people (taxi drivers mostly) have said some nasty things about her.

Also is a hassle to get a legal gun in my country, when it comes to civilian mostly upper-middle cast families and up can afford them, sure our police forces have been doing a pretty good job but as any institution they are corrupt and cant always relay on them, just last year the public found out about a male prostitution ring inside the police deparment from my country capital, the other polices officers would satisfy politicians.

THE TRANS WOMEN TURNING TO FIREARMS FOR SURVIVAL

Trans women are one such community. For some trans guns rights activists, arming trans women is a moral imperative in a society that routinely fails to protect them from systemic violence. Their work sits at the intersections of a sometimes awkward divide—some are left-leaning, some are on the right, and all of them cherish an individualistic interpretation of gun rights. This flies in the face of assumptions people may make about the trans community's political leanings and feelings about the Second Amendment.

Being transgender can be extremely dangerous, and trans people don't view the social structures ostensibly intended to defend people from harm as safe for them—law enforcement, for example, has a record of abusing trans women and disbelieving trans women when they report crimes. This is particularly true for trans women of color, who are made doubly vulnerable by society, especially those in the sex industry.

For trans women feeling alone against the world, armed self-defense can start to feel like a very appealing option, though sometimes a frightening one.

"I was so traumatized by guns by my 30s that it took three very patient queer gun instructors in a private living room to coach me through my first firearms training," says Scout Tran-Caffee, a non-binary trans woman and multidisciplinary artist from Northern California.

Whether women are pursuing training and licensure for the purpose of accessing conceal carry permits, or spending time with fellow LGBT people on the range to learn more about gun safety and fire a variety of weapons, gun ownership can also create a sense of solidarity and community.

Kayla Harris, an Oakland-based woman who started out with LGBT gun rights organization Pink Pistols before splitting away to form the Rouge Rifles with a colleague, has been a gun owner for a very long time. But it wasn't until the election that she started exploring the possibility of supporting fellow LGBT people who wanted to learn more about guns. "After the [Pulse] shooting and after the election, I knew tons of people who were suddenly interested in guns who never had been before," Harris says.

Harris carried her interest in firearms through transition, and is a certified firearms instructor—one reason she pursued and maintained her certification was a desire to give back to her community. "Gun owners shouldn't just default to the white guy who lives in Wisconsin or whatever," she says. "That's not the only person who should own guns. For disadvantaged and marginalized people, it equalizes force."

Harris' casual interest in guns and enjoyment in shooting shifted as she transitioned and adapted to the Trump era. In an age when the federal government appears to be making war on the trans community, emboldening people on a local level, her fears are rooted in practicality. "There are countless stories of people who failed to be neutralized by a less than lethal weapon," she says.

That's her driving desire in educating people about firearms, with a focus on home defense (conceal carry permits are extremely difficult to obtain in the Bay Area). She knows not all trans women agree with her work, but she wants to provide access to trans-inclusive, safe, supportive firearms training for those who are interested. Often, she loans out her own weapons on the range for training purposes, giving people an opportunity to see if shooting is for them before plunging into buying a gun—and dealing with the demands of storing it safely and in a legally compliant fashion.

Though Harris supports gun education and ownership for trans women who feel it's a good fit for their needs, she does have a word of caution
    Last edited by mojotastic; 01-04-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    On another bit of news that i plan to post in the LGBT thread.

I think is dead on accurate when it comes to the U.S about how guns are equalizers.

LGBT fighting against gaybashers, women fighting against rapists, blacks fighting against lynch mobs... Firearms are necessary right for there to truly be equality

I find the subject interesting since my best friend told me he wants to be a woman and even now when he has changed his appereances a little to be more feminine, he has told me that some people (taxi drivers mostly) have said some nasty things about her.

THE TRANS WOMEN TURNING TO FIREARMS FOR SURVIVAL

Trans women are one such community. For some trans guns rights activists, arming trans women is a moral imperative in a society that routinely fails to protect them from systemic violence. Their work sits at the intersections of a sometimes awkward divide—some are left-leaning, some are on the right, and all of them cherish an individualistic interpretation of gun rights. This flies in the face of assumptions people may make about the trans community's political leanings and feelings about the Second Amendment.

Being transgender can be extremely dangerous, and trans people don't view the social structures ostensibly intended to defend people from harm as safe for them—law enforcement, for example, has a record of abusing trans women and disbelieving trans women when they report crimes. This is particularly true for trans women of color, who are made doubly vulnerable by society, especially those in the sex industry.

For trans women feeling alone against the world, armed self-defense can start to feel like a very appealing option, though sometimes a frightening one.

"I was so traumatized by guns by my 30s that it took three very patient queer gun instructors in a private living room to coach me through my first firearms training," says Scout Tran-Caffee, a non-binary trans woman and multidisciplinary artist from Northern California.

Whether women are pursuing training and licensure for the purpose of accessing conceal carry permits, or spending time with fellow LGBT people on the range to learn more about gun safety and fire a variety of weapons, gun ownership can also create a sense of solidarity and community.

Kayla Harris, an Oakland-based woman who started out with LGBT gun rights organization Pink Pistols before splitting away to form the Rouge Rifles with a colleague, has been a gun owner for a very long time. But it wasn't until the election that she started exploring the possibility of supporting fellow LGBT people who wanted to learn more about guns. "After the [Pulse] shooting and after the election, I knew tons of people who were suddenly interested in guns who never had been before," Harris says.

Harris carried her interest in firearms through transition, and is a certified firearms instructor—one reason she pursued and maintained her certification was a desire to give back to her community. "Gun owners shouldn't just default to the white guy who lives in Wisconsin or whatever," she says. "That's not the only person who should own guns. For disadvantaged and marginalized people, it equalizes force."

Harris' casual interest in guns and enjoyment in shooting shifted as she transitioned and adapted to the Trump era. In an age when the federal government appears to be making war on the trans community, emboldening people on a local level, her fears are rooted in practicality. "There are countless stories of people who failed to be neutralized by a less than lethal weapon," she says.

That's her driving desire in educating people about firearms, with a focus on home defense (conceal carry permits are extremely difficult to obtain in the Bay Area). She knows not all trans women agree with her work, but she wants to provide access to trans-inclusive, safe, supportive firearms training for those who are interested. Often, she loans out her own weapons on the range for training purposes, giving people an opportunity to see if shooting is for them before plunging into buying a gun—and dealing with the demands of storing it safely and in a legally compliant fashion.

Though Harris supports gun education and ownership for trans women who feel it's a good fit for their needs, she does have a word of caution
    Though I am 100% behind stricter regulations on who can own guns, how many they can own, and all of that, I do support responsible gun ownership. And in a world where everyone who wants you dead has easy access to guns, it only makes sense to have one yourself, know how to use it, and how to care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Taylor Rose is proof that racism isn't being bred out, it isn't going to magically go away as boomers die out. It is insidious, vile, and needs to be burned out. Being 'nice' to racists, being 'tolerant' of racists, just hoping/praying that they will go away WILL NOT WORK.

Punch a Nazi. Educate your children. Stop hoping someone else will make the bad people stop.
    It's foolish to think racism will be completely eliminated, but there is still progress.

In today's society a guy who denies links to white nationalism loses in a state legislatuve race in a relatively conservative area that had recently been represented by a hard-righter until that guy lost a close election.)

In the old days, avowed white nationalists won statewide elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    Sure, if it actually is libel But a book of this kind.... I can’t believe it won’t have been thoroughly examined by the in-house lawyers; possibly scrutinised by outside counsel too.

Libel cases are tricky for the plaintiff in the US. Trump could try in other jurisdictions, such as the UK, as the book will be published here. Hell, I’ve pre-ordered a copy myself.

Williamson mentioned that Holtzbrinck the parent company, has sales in the billions, and that they’re worth suing. They’re also the publishers of The Satanic Verses. One thing is certain; they ain’t going to be intimidated by Donald John Trump.
    Williamson wouldn't be sad if Trump ends up perjurying himself/ leaving himself vulnerable to a lawsuit.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Yeah states Rights are for Conservative Christians you silly left winger, did you think they meant us? Lol.

You can be a united party and still suck at politics. Case in Point?

The Republicans LITERALLY just stole the Virginia election, let's see how much of a fight Democrats put up, OR will they remain "Gentlemenly" and let bygones be bygones.
    You can have every single Democrat joining hands and singing "Shanana hey hey, goodbye!" But will they fight for this seat? Take it to a higher court?

Republican Wins Drawing Settling Tied Virginia House Of Delegates Race
    The wild election came down to picking names from a bowl and means the GOP keeps control of the House of Delegates.

Heh, like a literal House of Cards, falling in on itself.
    How did Republicans steal the Virginia election?

It was settled law in how to handle a tie, and occurred in a state with a Democratic Governor.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    People probably said the same thing about John Conyers as it took a sexual harassment claim to force him into retirement.
    Did Cochran sexually harass anyone?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

So the publishers have responded to Trump’s legal threats.... by bringing forward the publication of the book to tomorrow

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...on-white-house

Smooth move, Mr President.

So the publishers have responded to Trump’s legal threats.... by bringing forward the publication of the book to tomorrow

Meanwhile, Bob Mueller is diligently working in relative peace, because Trump's too distracted to attack him at the moment.

Right wing oligarchs the Mercer family are now working on extracting Steve Bannon from Breitbart.

Bannon will soon likely turn on them as well in an interview. Oh, this implosion just gets more delicious all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Williamson wouldn't be sad if Trump ends up perjurying himself/ leaving himself vulnerable to a lawsuit.
    Maybe not - buried in the tax plan was a provision that kills the deduction for attorney's fees out of lawsuit winnings - meaning you can end up paying over 100% taxes on what the lawyers leave for you.

New indictments from Mueller are looking to be Manafort again, Bannon, Flynn, and a Trump lawyer.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Smooth move, Mr President.
    I was just talking to my father about this. If Trump were to actually take it all the way to court, he'd have to prove that what the book says about him is false. What he's hoping for is that he makes enough of a nuisance to settle out of court and get a gag order.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    How did Republicans steal the Virginia election?

It was settled law in how to handle a tie, and occurred in a state with a Democratic Governor.

Did Cochran sexually harass anyone?
    They stole it from the VERY beginning. The gave the single vote to the Republican, instead of having a run off and with the mistake on that one ballot, which had both names. Republican judges were like yeah give it to OUR side.
    This was only ever going to go one way. That pull it from a hat is 100% un democratic. They have the ballot number and the voter who filled it, why not call them and ask who they actually voted for?