Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

What's not being reported enough is that Bannon did indeed believe his quotes were taken out of context or were not intended to convey what they appeared to (and I think likely would testify to that affect too):
    In the unreleased statement, Bannon had planned to call Trump Jr. a patriot and dispute the account in Wolff’s book, “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House,” in which Bannon described Trump Jr. as “treasonous” and “unpatriotic” for setting up a 2016 meeting at Trump Tower with a Russian lawyer.

Bannon and his allies did not see a need to release the statement once Trump accused his former top campaign aide of having “lost his mind.” They believe the president’s statement effectively ended the relationship between the two men…

Bannon would have also disputed Wolff’s account by saying he had been taken out of context — that he doesn’t believe Trump Jr. intentionally did anything wrong and that he only meant to convey his frustration that Trump Jr., a political novice, had created a mess for his father.
    https://hotair.com/archives/2018/01/...r-trump-nuked/
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-05-2018 at 10:11 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    What's not being reported enough is that Bannon did indeed believe his quotes were taken out of context (and I think likely would testify to that affect too):

Testify? Do you think Trump will actually sue?

Hmm. I would say the chances are... low

What's not being reported enough is that Bannon did indeed believe his quotes were taken out of context (and I think likely would testify to that affect too):

Got it. So he just meant DTJr was so stupid he blundered into it.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Got it. So he just meant DTJr was so stupid he blundered into it.
    Exactly, actually. Stupid, by virtue of simply being stupid or just inexperienced and a novice at this campaign stuff.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Mighty Member

Stupid, by virtue of simply being stupid or just inexperienced and a novice at this...
    A little long, but I'll accept this as a working title to the first year of Trump's administration, as a whole.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Exactly, actually. Stupid, by virtue of simply being stupid or just inexperienced and a novice at this campaign stuff.
    Or, how about arrogant, thinking he could get away with the stupid shit he did, just because his last name was Trump.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The Trump Tapes are REAL!! 143 so far!!

Oh God ... please don't let the pee tape be real ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

Also, I just saw an FB, where one Trump supporter referred to Wolff's book as balderdash.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I will argue the facts and the law rather than go personal.

I get the view that some positions are indefensible, although I don't think that applies to a consideration of existing law in Virginia on a close election.

With the Supreme Court, that could've been avoided if Obama hadn't tried to change the balance of the court in an election year when the other party held the Senate. Democrats lose their moral authority with the Clinton campaign's failure to strongly and unambiguously back Garland, likely for strategic reasons.
    So are you saying Obama should have nominated a conservative in order to "preserve the balance" of the court? What I don't get is why the Republicans didn't allow a vote, since they had the majority. Were they afraid that enough of them would flip and confirm Garland?

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    What I don't get is why the Republicans didn't allow a vote, since they had the majority. Were they afraid that enough of them would flip and confirm Garland?
    That definitely wasn't the reason (he would've lost bigly). It was a political optics and circus concern, on top of Biden's 1992 remarks and etc, etc.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-05-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Mighty Member

Yeah, we all know the reason.

The hypocrisy will come out next time a Democratic Senate refuses to seat any Republican President's judicial nominee.

Which looks like it could happen as early as 2019 at the rate things are going.

What's not being reported enough is that Bannon did indeed believe his quotes were taken out of context or were not intended to convey what they appeared to (and I think likely would testify to that affect too):

On another point regarding this, wouldn't this suggest that Trump was exceedingly dumb to launch into his monumental verbal assault on Bannon, rather than give Bannon the opportunity to disavow his reported statements?

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    On another point regarding this, wouldn't this suggest that Trump was exceedingly dumb to launch into his monumental verbal assault on Bannon, rather than give Bannon the opportunity to disavow his reported statements?
    I'd bet there was a wait and an attempt to contact Bannon or his friends on if and when Bannon would have released that statement. But Bannon definitely waited too long, was too much taking his sweet time. If Brietbart ousts him, he'll really regret the delay, it will haunt him for the rest of his days.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-05-2018 at 11:41 AM.