Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    People want Oprah to run for President based off this speech. If we've entered into a reality where one has to be a celebrity to be President, might as well get an A-List Celebrity.
    President Rock , Vice-President Oprah .....the ticket would be simply insane to watch for Republicans going into melt down mode. They'd attack them as stars and outta touch. But given who they have as President it won't go far.

"Republicans , what are you gonna do when the BRAHMA BULL and the Oprah come to Washington and lay the SMACK DOWN ON ALL YOUR CANDY ASSES !?"

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

If any black women in the U.S can be a president that is Oprah.

But then again i do not support celebrities having political power.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Yeah, she can try running for Mayor of Chicago first.

Though, Oprah actually has successfully run several companies and is actually a self made billionaire, so if she presumable can run on the same credentials as the current office holder.
    Better than the current office holder. Oprah really did make it on her own, rather than starting with millions of dollars of seed money from her father.

That said, I do think one should have some political office experience before being elected President. Funny thing, though. The only talk show host I know of who has political experience is Jerry Springer. However, considering the reason he only served one term as mayor of Cincinnati, he might not be the best candidate either.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Better than the current office holder. Oprah really did make it on her own, rather than starting with millions of dollars of seed money from her father.

That said, I do think one should have some political office experience before being elected President. Funny thing, though. The only talk show host I know of who has political experience is Jerry Springer. However, considering the reason he only served one term as mayor of Cincinnati, he might not be the best candidate either.
    I feel like we should be better than this and not just elect media stars for higher office. We went down this path with Reagan and at least he had two terms as governor and was smart enough to hire and keep competent staff for the White House.

I'm not a big Oprah fan. She ran her show almost like a cult. I never watched the show much myself but when they would pan the audience I would laugh at the enraptured look on the faces in the audience. But if ended up her against Trump I would vote for her in a heartbeat. She would attract the kind of cabinet and WH staff that could run rings around the Trump circus.

BANNED

there's a bill going right to the floor to overturn the FCCs repeal of net neutrality, it probably has just enough votes to get to the Idiots desk, and he'll veto it

and that will be another nail in his coffin

Astonishing Member

I'd prefer that Oprah, who's show has legitimized dangerous anti-scientific and pseudoscientific ideologies, to stay the hell away from lawmaking.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I'd prefer that Oprah, who's show has legitimized dangerous anti-scientific and pseudoscientific ideologies, to stay the hell away from lawmaking.
    ^^
    100% this.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

fo real

Im not supporting the person who legitimized Dr Phil and Dr Oz

You know, I'd even accept a Joe/Flo Schmoe off the street as long as they were capable of studying up on what they don't know that's needed to run this country over your average celebrity. Still I'd vote for practically anyone over our lovable orange shitgibbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post

We could at least let Springer hang around the White House, starting shit and instigating fist fights for the public to laugh at.
    Though that wouldn't really be that different than what's going on now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    People want Oprah to run for President based off this speech. If we've entered into a reality where one has to be a celebrity to be President, might as well get an A-List Celebrity.
    Just goes to show the rampant epidemic of stupid in this country actually does not start with our governing officials. No, after all, its society that grooms and produces these same officials. There's a reason for that. We the People are just as idiotic. Make a nice speech and suddenly you're a presidential candidate. Never mind the fact she has no more political experience, that one pesky detail that kinda defines the freaking office, than the guy who currently holds it. We learn nothing.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-08-2018 at 12:19 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Mighty Member

The funniest part of that Miller/Tapper exchange was when Miller says something about the magical whatever going on in the country.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Abso-freaking-lutely! In its own way, Oprah’s cult is just as mindless and dangerous as Trump’s. I don’t want her in a position to govern a local PTA, never mind the goddamn country.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    The funniest part of that Miller/Tapper exchange was when Miller says something about the magical whatever going on in the country.
    oh its gonna be magical come November when lots of Millers friends are gonna be out of jobs