Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Abso-freaking-lutely! In its own way, Oprah’s cult is just as mindless and dangerous as Trump’s. I don’t want her in a position to govern a local PTA, never mind the goddamn country.
    Would you guys vote for her if she won the primary, and you hated the Republican candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Would you guys vote for her if she won the primary, and you hated the Republican candidate?
    If it was simply a matter of Hate and not something like I was convinced they'd do the damage W and Trump did to America I'm not sure, but it would depend on what kind of candidate opposed her. Oprah > Trump though, so that's an easy choice I'd prefer not to be forced to make.

Astonishing Member

I think a lot of the Oprah running maybe stuff comes from there being no real front runner to set up yet on Democratic ticket. Her speech was amazing and uplifting, and listening to that against any trump speech you feel hopeful and you can see something that should be unifying. So I get the enthusiasm and everything.

There's a hunger for the who do we get behind that can put an end to Trump. I like Oprah I think at least she comes from a place of decency that is more in line with what I personally would believe in.

But no way should we have someone who has no political experience at all run for President again.

Her resume is amazing as a self made Billionaire. Actress, Producer, Humanitarian efforts etc....but no way would I want her running with no experience.

People will say Trump ran with no experience and won. But I don't think democrats should mimic that. We need a real statesman to navigate fixing the country and the divisions and perception we will have with our allies around the world.

We would have similar issues with her massive media empire as well. Its very difficult to divest all those assets ethically even if you wanted too. And trump has barely done it with his hes still profiting off the presidency.

Mighty Member

No one's gonna be mending the divisions though. That genie is out of the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    fo real

Im not supporting the person who legitimized Dr Phil and Dr Oz
    Her real crime in that department is called Jenny McCarthy. The others are lightweights of fake science compared that one.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Unfortunately, we now live in a day and age where "the most qualified person" is absolutely meaningless.

Its a bloody popularity contest! Sure, we had our oddball candidates like Jesse Ventura & Arnold Schwarzenegger as governors, but with Trump breaking the barrier that kept guys like Ross Perot as president, any yahoo with a war chest & history in pop culture will be enough to get a shot at the presidency.

And, for the record, if I had to choose between Oprah, Trump, or Jill Stein in 2020, I'll write in the stupidest candidate I can think of. Hell, I'll even make up a name; you can't make me vote conventionally.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

According to reports the real comedy was after Tapper told Miller they were done. Well basically Stephen Miller sit there and wouldn't leave after he was told to leave after the show. So CNN basically had security throw him out.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    People want Oprah to run for President based off this speech. If we've entered into a reality where one has to be a celebrity to be President, might as well get an A-List Celebrity.
    Not exactly true. People been plugging Oprah's name for president for the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Unfortunately, we now live in a day and age where "the most qualified person" is absolutely meaningless.

Its a bloody popularity contest! Sure, we had our oddball candidates like Jesse Ventura & Arnold Schwarzenegger as governors, but with Trump breaking the barrier that kept guys like Ross Perot as president, any yahoo with a war chest & history in pop culture will be enough to get a shot at the presidency.

And, for the record, if I had to choose between Oprah, Trump, or Jill Stein in 2020, I'll write in the stupidest candidate I can think of. Hell, I'll even make up a name; you can't make me vote conventionally.
    Ahnuld had been active politically for years before running for governor, even though he hadn't held an elected office. Not sure about Ventura, but he had a record as a war veteran to burnish his credentials, plus he did it in a state known for supporting some odd ducks running for office.

Another one bites the dust... Thirteen term GOP Congressman Ed Royce, from California, to retire at the end of his term.

Royce is one of the less s***ty members of the GOP, but he's term-limited in his job as head of the House Foreign Affairs Committee and looks to be reading the tea leaves and deciding it's a good time to GTFO, altogether.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    What exactly is your problem with black people?
    Way to deflect, Honesty Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It wasn't just about calling Obama a liar in his presence, but doing so at the state of the union. That was an unusual thing for a Congressman to do, though there isn't much indication President White Liberal would've been treated much differently. I think it's an indication of societal trends (political polarization, acceptance of crass behavior) although it also represents a lapse by one of 535 members of Congress over eight years ago.
    I respect that opinion, though I think the polarization starts during Clinton's tenure.

iMan 42s

You can have no political experience and become president. You can also get hired for a job in a field you have no background in. Just because they let you through the door does not mean you can't **** it up, nor do you have the capabilities to be in there.

With that being said, you know how we have a minimum requirement of being 35 years old to simply be in the running? An important amendment should be made in light of Trump; a potential candidate must have at least 4 years of political experience at the very least the state level (Mayor, or Governor for example) to run for President. We need some background on how they run things so people are better informed when it comes to candidates.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    I am curious how the regulars here would go if it was Oprah VS Pence.

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    I respect that opinion, though I think the polarization starts during Clinton's tenure.
    I think that accelerated it, but there were earlier indications.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Close. Newt Gingrich's rise as a leader in the House was where the partisan bulls*** from the GOP went into overdrive. Newt trying to weaponize C-SPAN against Tip O'Neill and Democrats in the 1980s. Clinton arriving gave him a target.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.