I'd vote for Oprah over Trump, but I'd basically write us off as a country shortly thereafter. If we cement that all you need to be President is being a celebrity with enough cash (instead of it currently being a one off) then I think there's no pulling ourselves out of that spiral. Might as well make 'Who wants to be President' a reality show, we're close enough already.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I am curious how the regulars here would go if it was Oprah VS Pence.
    Oprah! I'd rather have Trump than Pence.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Been seeing comments lately, in regards to the whole immigration deal, that Trump supporters are wanting to abolish natural-born citizenship because of kids born of immigrants (legal and otherwise). And I dearly wish I was making that up. Not saying it has a lot of support, but the fact its even being thrown out there is mind-numbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Been seeing comments lately, in regards to the whole immigration deal, that Trump supporters are wanting to abolish natural-born citizenship because of kids born of immigrants (legal and otherwise). And I dearly wish I was making that up. Not saying it has a lot of support, but the fact its even being thrown out there is mind-numbing.
    They don't have nearly the votes for a constitutional amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    They don't have nearly the votes for a constitutional amendment.
    True. But I don't think they have thought out what revoking that Amendment would mean in the grand scheme of things.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Ahnuld had been active politically for years before running for governor, even though he hadn't held an elected office. Not sure about Ventura, but he had a record as a war veteran to burnish his credentials, plus he did it in a state known for supporting some odd ducks running for office.
    Maybe the only thing that stopped Ah-nold from running for President was the requirement that candidates had to have been born in the U.S. Imagine the Terminator in the Oval Office if he got the chance, people would’ve voted for him, more for his name rather than any stances or accomplishments in politics.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Maybe the only thing that stopped Ah-nold from running for President was the requirement that candidates had to have been born in the U.S. Imagine the Terminator in the Oval Office if he got the chance, people would’ve voted for him, more for his name rather than any stances or accomplishments in politics.
    Arnold could never win a National Republican Primary. He actually believes in things like Climate Change.

Invincible Member

Huff Post brings up the time Trump actually suggested Oprah as a possible running mate

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ushpmg00000009

More good news for WBE.
    FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — The Republican speaker of Kentucky’s House of Representatives has resigned his leadership position more than two months after acknowledging he secretly settled a sexual harassment claim and paid to keep it quiet.
    Jeff Hoover offered Monday to resign, but only if the House accepts. Moments later Speaker Pro Tem David Osborne ruled it had been accepted.
    Hoover denied sexual harassment, but said he sent inappropriate but consensual text messages to a woman who once worked for the House Republican Caucus. In a blistering speech on the House floor, Hoover denounced his critics -- including Republican Gov. Matt Bevin -- for telling lies that he said were from the “deepest pit of Hell.”
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ke...cid=spartanntp

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/she-ba...to-be-governor

Dean Obeidallah
    01.08.18 5:00 AM ET
    If you hate Muslims, love guns, and are giddy at the prospect of a holy war pitting Christians versus Muslims, then there’s only one logical thing to do: Run for governor of Arkansas.
    Actually, there are other things you could do with that pedigree, such as appear regularly on Fox News or write for Breitbart. And Jan Morgan has done all that and more. And now this Republican activist wants to “Make Arkansas Great Again!”
    Advertisement

Morgan, who is the spokesperson for the grassroots organization Citizens for Trump, came to infamy in 2014 when she proclaimed that Muslims would not be permitted into her gun range, declaring it a “Muslim-free zone.” Morgan’s view is that every Muslim is such an inherent threat that we can’t be allowed to learn how to shoot guns because of course we will use them to commit acts of violence. To Morgan, the Second Amendment she claims to love more than Trump loves Diet Cokes apparently has a Muslim exception.
    Good news and bad news. xD

Easy: I vote for the candidate who hasn't denied HIV/AIDS funding. I vote for the candidate who didn't - AT BEST - turn a blind eye to his boss selling America up the river while trying to convince us that he is the most pious man in America. I vote for the ccandidate who isn't terrified to be in a room with a woman who isn't his wife. I vote for the candidate who doesn't believe that I deserve to die/be tortured into 'changing'/be denied healthcare or a job or a house because of my sexuality.

If that means voting for a celebrity who gave a platform to anti-vaxxers and pseudoscientific asshats while also helping legions of under-appreciated middle aged women, people of color, and other minorities all over the world feel like they matter, so be it.

Oprah doesn't want me dead or tortured in the name of Jesus until I wish I was. Oprah doesn't appear to want to deny me healthcare, work, a home, a family, etc. Pence has made very clear that he does. That's kind of a firm, hard line for me. Unreasonably partisan of me, I know....
    Last edited by zinderel; 01-08-2018 at 08:19 PM.

You mean you can't guess? Pence's policy positions have been dragged numerous times on this thread. About the only good thing about Trump still being president is that Pence isn't president instead. But of course Trump wouldn't pick a reasonable republican as his running mate.

Given that choice Oprah all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Arnold could never win a National Republican Primary. He actually believes in things like Climate Change.
    Arnold's time would have been while he was still governor. Back when Republicans still talked about that stuff without denying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Arnold's time would have been while he was still governor. Back when Republicans still talked about that stuff without denying it.
    Republicans have always denied Climate Change. Do you not remember the Bush administration?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!