Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Poor little clueless Princess Ivanka applauds Oprah's Golden Globes speech

She tweeted: "Just saw @Oprah's empowering & inspiring speech at last night’s #GoldenGlobes. Let’s all come together, women & men, & say #TIMESUP! #United" and the tweet barrage began

Alyssa Milano tweeted: "Great! You can make a lofty donation to the Time's Up Legal Defense Fund that is available to support your father's accusers."
    another from Adam Pauly: "What about the 16 counts of sexual harassment and assault leveled against your dad. Oh and the access HOLLYWOOD tape, oh and how he’s openly stated he’s sexually attracted to you his daughter, what about that?"

Is she that insulated against what is publicly known about her father?

And do we have the Invisible Woman as First Lady? Somebody send out a search party for Melania. She's probably the least active First Lady of modern times. She's mostly been seen only as a trophy wife in photo ops with Trump.
    While it's likely that Trump has been at the least inappropriate with women he's barely known, I don't think Ivanka is wrong in not considering the popular verdict to be fact, when as yet it has not been proved in court. Most of the time, it seems Trump buys off the women suing him. What a deep commitment to justice the plaintiffs have!

Trump's remarks about his daughter's sexual attractiveness also do not prove he's literally attracted to her. It says something about the liberal deafness to humor-- even the bad humor of an uncritical narcissist-- that they can't even CONSIDER that he might be joking when he says he'd be dating Ivanka if he wasn't, you know, her dad.

And yes, I've seen all the extant quotes. Again, it's baffling why liberals go after Trump for petty crap when he's said and done far worse stuff. Do they think that going after even the petty crap makes them seem unrelenting? Maybe to the converted; others are likely to see it as equally petty.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    “Many ways”? Wow, right wingers sure fall out of love fast. Wasn’t Steve-O your boy after he helped put Cheeto Jesus in the White House? C’mon, man, where’s your loyalty?
    Were I the Mercers or etc, I might have gave him another or yet another chance, maybe recommended keeping him on at Brietbart, but I'm sure there were some compelling arguments made to go with fresh blank slate leadership. Bannon can still perhaps apply to help out election campaigns, do some consulting, and do work that is satisfying to him. He needs to get his head together.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-09-2018 at 03:25 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    While it's likely that Trump has been at the least inappropriate with women he's barely known, I don't think Ivanka is wrong in not considering the popular verdict to be fact, when as yet it has not been proved in court. Most of the time, it seems Trump buys off the women suing him. What a deep commitment to justice the plaintiffs have!

Trump's remarks about his daughter's sexual attractiveness also do not prove he's literally attracted to her. It says something about the liberal deafness to humor-- even the bad humor of an uncritical narcissist-- that they can't even CONSIDER that he might be joking when he says he'd be dating Ivanka if he wasn't, you know, her dad.

And yes, I've seen all the extant quotes. Again, it's baffling why liberals go after Trump for petty crap when he's said and done far worse stuff. Do they think that going after even the petty crap makes them seem unrelenting? Maybe to the converted; others are likely to see it as equally petty.
    The "popular verdict"? Her father is literally on tape admitting he has been a sexual predator in the past. And that is just what we have heard publicly ourselves. That isn't "deep state" or "fake news". The way he goes after women and attacks them as enemies, journalists, anyone he sees as an enemy. There is no excuse for a "defender of women" as she claims to be to be so quiet when she WORKS in the White house.

That excuse just doesn't fly. Same with Melania. They are enablers and people calling them out for utter hypocrisy every time they dare talk about this stuff is completely justified.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Were I the Mercers or etc, I might have gave him another or yet another chance, maybe recommended keeping him on at Brietbart, but I'm sure there were some compelling arguments made to go with fresh blank slate leadership. Bannon can still perhaps apply to help out election campaigns, do some consulting, and do work that is satisfying to him. He needs to get his head together.
    he lost Alabama

what else can he contribute at this point?

a year ago, he was at the right hand of power

now he's being flushed down the toilet like a Taco Bell turd

Mighty Member

He used to be a meth chef?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

As mentioned by kidfresh512, Trump's own word's indicted him in that Access Hollywood clip with the camera rolling. There also was the People reporter that he shoved against a wall and forced his tongue down her throat in his daughter's bedroom at Mar a Lago with a pregnant Melania downstairs.

And I don't think many daughters have had their fathers express a desire to date them. Or would want to hear that esp in their teen years.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    IMO it's worth pointing out that Trump doesn't actually pick the Judicial nominees. He farmed that task out to the Federalist Society.
    The only qualifications needed are extremely conservative views and a willingness to implement them.
    The unqualified guys don't seem to come from the Federalist society. They seem to have connections to the White House Counsel (one was the husband of the Counsel's chief of staff.)

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...s-married-to-a
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The unqualified guys don't seem to come from the Federalist society. They seem to have connections to the White House Counsel (one was the husband of the Counsel's chief of staff.)

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...s-married-to-a
    That makes it much worse and doesn't bode well for the upcoming legal storm the White House is about to experience.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    I especially am weary of those “with us or against us types” who get pissy at those whose personal interests are more distant from whatever “white whale” in politics the party in question is after, selfish as such detachment may be. As far as I’m concerned, so are the people accusing of “both-sideism” as a way of getting others to fall in line.
    There is always a little bit of truth in the lies of those whose goal it is to simply win. And thats what politics seems to have become. A game to see who wins. Should be about who is best for the country. Or city, etc.

Its a problem that feeds itself by encouraging people to down-ballot vote rather than trying to think things through.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    he lost Alabama

what else can he contribute at this point?

a year ago, he was at the right hand of power

now he's being flushed down the toilet like a Taco Bell turd
    Trump and Bannon lost Alabama. Their terrible message has now backfired. They wanted to fire a country up , they have. People saw the terrible example of what happens when you don't vote. So they responded. Hopefully in 2018 the tide continues as the message of Trump and Bannon is fully **** on.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I see your release of information and raise you a flipper:
    Cornyn breaks with Grassley, says he's 'glad' Feinstein released Fusion GPS transcript.

Now that Grassley has publicly stained Steele, apparently for no good reason other than protecting Trump, how long does he last?
    Cornyn flipped flopped already.

https://twitter.com/JohnCornyn/statu...66586033848320

Although transparency is important, Chairman Grassley was right to object about unilateral release w/o consultation, and it may well damage the entire investigation: Grassley blasts Feinstein's release of Fusion GPS transcript as 'confounding'
    What a hack.

Man, remember when everyone was talking about how scary "President" Bannon was?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    This is why Climate Change fits better, and why those that oppose it won't drop 'Global Warming' like the POTEC.

PHOTOS: The Sahara Desert, Painted White With Snow

And we got snow here for the first time in quite a few years down in deepinthehearta Texas. It's also been very wet for the last few years after the usual drought conditions persisting through my school days and well into Obama's tenure, so it's clear to me at least that very well established weather patterns are shifting. That means that while we still need to get a handle on what we're doing to the environment before it leads to true catastrophe, we're too late to stop disruption to global weather patterns.
    Climate Change isn't that great a term either, since the deniers don't know the difference between climate and weather. A better term would simply be "Fucked Up Weather." More hurricanes in the summer? Fucked Up Weather. More snowstorms in the winter? Fucked Up Weather. And yes, we're all responsible for it.

1. The plaintiffs may have had no choice but to take whatever deal Trump's attorneys offered them. When you're facing the prospect of going broke trying to fight the legal team of a billionaire, you may decide to take an out of court settlement that includes a gag order just to survive.

2.It wasn't just Trump suggested he would date Ivanka. (And of course, date is a euphemism for ****.) There was also that Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous clip where Trump speculated on what Tiffany's breasts would look like when she grew up. And she wasn't a teenager at the time. She wasn't even in grade school. She was one year old. One year old! Who does that?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Bannon resigned from Breitbart today.
    *flushing toilet sound*
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe