Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    .....and nobody else holds ANY culpability for Trump winning than Hillary and the DNC, amiright? Voters and non-voters alike aren't at all culpable for what bullshit stories they're going to believe? IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN IF PEOPLE DON"T TAKE INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY!!! The gap in polls swung 3% in Trumps favor after the Comey statement. That alone could have won her the election! Was that Hillary's fault, too?
    Let's go ahead and get real for a moment.

Do you have a scenario where Comey would have been investigating if HRC had been using a government server during her time in the Obama administration?

If not... Yes, it is completely the fault of the person who took that action that started that entire gopher rodeo. She did so as a calculated political move. The good or bad that comes from that move are solely the end results of a call she made at the start.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 01-16-2018 at 02:19 AM.

Let alone that you have to entertain that said "Three Percent" would actually have swung solely to Clinton in states where it would have mattered.

While that is certainly possible, it is not the only possible outcome.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

13 Siblings ‘Held Captive’ By Parents, Some In Chains And Starving, Police Say

The siblings, ranging from ages 2 to 29, were found padlocked to beds and malnourished. You want a REAL American horror story and not the nonsense on TV? Here it is!

Trump Attacks Senator Who Confirmed ‘Shithole Countries’ Comment

The president went after Sen. Dick Durbin, who said Trump did indeed call Haiti and African nations “shithole” countries. Once again, Pissy POTUS attacks someone for revealing the truth about what a miserable cretin he is. Meanwhile....

Pastor Blasts Trump’s ‘Shithole’ Comments In Front Of Mike Pence

Pastor Maurice Watson asserted that whoever said such “dehumanizing” remarks “ought to be held accountable.” Damn straight!

Past Presidents Volunteered On MLK Day. Donald Trump Is Spending It At His Golf Club.

The president had no public events scheduled on Monday. Big surprise, eh? Sunkist Satan continues to disappoint, not just as a president, but as a human being. But hey, her emails! Meanwhile....

LeBron James Honors Martin Luther King Jr. By Calling Out Trump’s Racism

James said racism may never die, but we “can’t allow it to divide us.”
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

In addition to the stuff above, it's not like Comey alone created the context all of that stuff happened in. In this clip, HRC cracks a joke after saying she decided what to turn over because it was her call. No one made her handle the whole thing that way. If there was damage, you can't say "It's all because of Comey, and none of it was the way Clinton dealt with it."

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Pastor Blasts Trump’s ‘Shithole’ Comments In Front Of Mike Pence

Pastor Maurice Watson asserted that whoever said such “dehumanizing” remarks “ought to be held accountable.” Damn straight!
    Amen, and Preach On, Pastor Watson.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'd rather argue about the 2018 midterms and how to overcome gerrymandering, voter suppression, and other dirty GOP tactics than argue about how much power the Clintons have within the Democratic Party.

We should be looking at local polls regarding the midterms. Look at how many Republicans are retiring. Look at Democratic victories in places like Alabama.

Arguing about how much power the Clintons still have within the Democratic Party seems like a waste of time to me. And nothing I have heard has convinced me otherwise.
    But you're missing the real point: If Hillary Clinton never married Bill or got into politics then none of this would have happened, so it's all her fault and we must obsess over her until the end of time to the detriment of all.

/sarcasm

I can't decide if Hillary, at this point, makes a better dead horse, scapegoat, or a scarecrow.

Maybe there's some pathological reason why people keep s***ing on her 14 months after an election. I don't recall Mitt Romney getting any grief in 2012 past the GOP "Autopsy" that came out a few weeks later. Maybe that's because the left wonder how an obvious choice could get passed up on for Barron F***face von Clownstick. Maybe it's because the right were pathologically trained to hate her at the mention of her name for 30 years while the rest of the world admired her.

I agree with the sentiment that it's past due that people should move on and pay attention to what's happening now. And if they can't, they need professional help (See: Barron F***face von Clownstick).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    No lie. A friend of mine sent me this 30 minutes ago.

More like 1616 AD...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Jared Kushner was warned by US officials that one of his friends could be used to push the interests of the Chinese government.

The friend is Wendi Deng Murdoch, ex-wife of Rupert Murdoch.

Interestingly enough, this story broke in the Wall Street Journal, which is part of Newscorp, a conglomerate founded by Murdoch.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ushpmg00000009

Historically, parties tend to lose support in presidential races, and it's been hard for a political party to hold on to the White House for a third term.

However, Hillary Clinton ran against a guy who is probably the worst presidential candidate in generations. AND he had a major sex scandal about a month before the election, when he was caught on tape bragging about sexual assault.

Her campaign screwed up badly to lose that one (it doesn't matter that she won the popular vote by two points since it shouldn't have been that close, and the way the existence of the electoral college was something the campaign and candidate were presumably aware of.)
    Given how presientiam elections tend to go in America, and hownon of the normal rules applied to Trump because "it was impossible for him to win", he was arguable the best candidate there ever was. How do you beat a candidate who is gets more popular from scandals and bad press?

ETA: "best candidate" here meaning 'best suited to winning the election', not 'best suited for the job'.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I can't decide if Hillary, at this point, makes a better dead horse, scapegoat, or a scarecrow.

Maybe there's some pathological reason why people keep s***ing on her 14 months after an election. I don't recall Mitt Romney getting any grief in 2012 past the GOP "Autopsy" that came out a few weeks later. Maybe that's because the left wonder how an obvious choice could get passed up on for Barron F***face von Clownstick. Maybe it's because the right were pathologically trained to hate her at the mention of her name for 30 years while the rest of the world admired her.

I agree with the sentiment that it's past due that people should move on and pay attention to what's happening now. And if they can't, they need professional help (See: Barron F***face von Clownstick).
    My vote is for dead horse. It's clear Trump will never let go of his hate for Hillary because she denied him the popular vote from the election, that and the fact he needs a foil, someone to blame (along with Obama) for any and all perceived slights that come to his warped little mind.

My vote is for dead horse. It's clear Trump will never let go of his hate for Hillary because she denied him the popular vote from the election, that and the fact he needs a foil, someone to blame (along with Obama) for any and all perceived slights that come to his warped little mind.
    That's probably why Mike Pence was so pissed off at Pastor Watson. The next three days at the White House will be everyone trying to explain to Trump why he shouldn't hurl insults back at a black pastor right now. It's the ultimate in "sellout" moments for Pence. How can he claim to be a godly Christian if he's going to side with a monster like Trump over a Baptist clergyman?

Well, rich white guy > any person of color for Mike Pence, so there's that.

That's probably why Mike Pence was so pissed off at Pastor Watson. The next three days at the White House will be everyone trying to explain to Trump why he shouldn't hurl insults back at a black pastor right now. It's the ultimate in "sellout" moments for Pence. How can he claim to be a godly Christian if he's going to side with a monster like Trump over a Baptist clergyman?

Well, rich white guy > any person of color for Mike Pence, so there's that.
    That's a lost cause anyway. Trump already attacked Rep. John Lewis after he dared to diss him, nothing and nobody will stop Pissy POTUS from going after Pastor Watson if he feels he needs payback to soothe his easily hurt feelings. As for Red Grant, he'll have zero trouble siding with Trump, after all, when it comes to being part of today's GOP, it's party before country, party before family, party before religion, party before EVERY damn thing.

That's a lost cause anyway. Trump already attacked Rep. John Lewis after he dared to diss him, nothing and nobody will stop Pissy POTUS from going after Pastor Watson if he feels he needs payback to soothe his easily hurt feelings. As for Red Grant, he'll have zero trouble siding with Trump, after all, when it comes to being part of today's GOP, it's party before country, party before family, party before religion, party before EVERY damn thing.
    I mean, Trump has criticized the f***ing Pope.

But if he follows up "s***hole countries" by insulting a black pastor who responded during an MLK Day sermon?

Definitely not the prestige of the pontiff, but man, the timing will be far, far worse.

Extraordinary Member

Mitt Romney was not the favorite to win and didn’t lose to a racist tv show host who was bragging about committing sexual assault and how his supporters would follow him even if he shog somebody. And if it was only the right that didn’t like her she would have won. It was “only the right” that didn’t like Obama.

I mean, Trump has criticized the f***ing Pope.

But if he follows up "s***hole countries" by insulting a black pastor who responded during an MLK Day sermon?

Definitely not the prestige of the pontiff, but man, the timing will be far, far worse.
    Vatican City, real shithole. Who builds a country inside another country? Sad.