Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Meanwhile, everyone at my command (along with the whole of the federal government) had just been notified by email an hour ago by no less than the Deputy Secretary of Defense about the likelihood of a shutdown taking place. This shit is clearly getting serious.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This logic did not stop people from blaming the Democrats whenever there were any sort of problems during the Obama years. People ALWAYS blame the party in power.
    Including Baron F***face Von Clownstick himself. In order, he said during shutdowns "the president is to blame", followed by "maybe the House Speaker or Senate Leader".

Okay, so it's Von Clownstick, Turtle-Man, or Eddie Munster. None of whom are Democrats.

But oh, wait... it's still their fault for... REASONS. And the two programs, CHIP and DACA, roughly 85-90% of the country are in favor of keeping. The public supports the Democrats on the issue. Which Trump and the GOP chose to f*** with in the first place.

The easier answer... the Republicans have just become too stupid and entitled to know how to actually f***ing govern.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Meanwhile, everyone at my command (along with the whole of the federal government) had just been notified by email an hour ago by no less than the Deputy Secretary of Defense about the likelihood of a shutdown taking place. This shit is clearly getting serious.
    I wish I could say something more than just "good luck."

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I hope they can strike a deal. They probably could have if the hardliners hadn't got to Trump before Lindsay Graham and Dick Durbin came to that meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I hope they can strike a deal. They probably could have if the hardliners hadn't got to Trump before Lindsay Graham and Dick Durbin came to that meeting.
    That has Stephen Miller's stink all over it.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I wish I could say something more than just "good luck."
    Well, I was out only three days during the 2013 shutdown, and was eventually reimbursed for lost pay. This time? Considering how incredibly screwed up things are in Washington, I have no idea what to expect if things blow up and I'm furloughed come Monday morning. Like with immigrants and the Dreamers, I hate being used as a pawn by shitbirds playing politics with people's lives and livelihoods.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    That has Stephen Miller's stink all over it.
    It was said Kid Jackboot was one of the hardliners urging Donnie Doughboy to deep six the Graham/Durbin deal. Unexpectedly, Major Dad (John Kelly) also helped grease the skids for the deal going down in flames.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    The answer to your question is "No" to anyone who read the post you quoted, unless one of these babies on Family Guy explicitly states it's the daughter of Seth himself. You really should read all of the posts you quote.

"Meaningless insults" against ouroboros or actual debate?

U decide!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    This may be the dumbest argument I've seen advanced here in some time. Not only is it rank whataboutism but it's not even a particularly good comparison.
    I'm trying to wrap my head around ANYONE choosing defense of Trump's incestuous pedophilia moments as the hill they want to die on.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    "Meaningless insults" against ouroboros or actual debate?

U decide!
    He asked a question and I answered it. A bit high on snark content but no meaningless insults there.

Did I miss something?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

News on the Schumer/Trump meeting from ABC News Chief White House Correspondent:
    "We made progress," a source familiar with the Trump/Schumer meeting tells me. Will there still be a shutdown tonight? Source: "I don't think so."
    The source says they will continue talking. Still a way to go. But shutdown may be averted for now.
    A White House source tells me, "We feel good about the conversations" but nobody made any commitments and discussions will continue.
    https://twitter.com/jonkarl?ref_src=...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

And Guardian reporter:
    SCHUMER after meeting with Trump: "We made some progress but we still have a good number of disagreements. The discussion will continue."
    https://twitter.com/SabrinaSiddiqui/...36507816923136
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-19-2018 at 12:53 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    He asked a question and I answered it. A bit high on snark content but no meaningless insults there.

Did I miss something?
    He accused me of "meaningless insults" when I did the same. A few posts above yours.

The net is tightening around Jared "Still Has Security Clearance" Kushner:

According to an article in Manager Magazin — a German monthly business magazine — Deutsche Bank could have evidence about suspicious money transfers by President Donald Trump's son-in-law and White House senior adviser, Jared Kushner, along with his companies and the people working for him.

The information, considered suspicious by the bank, has been submitted to the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority for Germany, BaFin. The magazine said that the information will be sent to U.S. special counsel Robert Mueller who heads the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential elections.

The bank reportedly received a subpoena from Mueller last year.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    He accused me of "meaningless insults" when I did the same. A few posts above yours.
    Ahhh ok. Yeah, pointing out fallacies in arguments, reading comprehension, or basic reasoning isn't meaningless, and if someone feels insulted by correction then that's a separate issue.

I'm just too much a fan of MST3k not to throw in some snark if they seem overly self righteous

Two theories

1. Trump is setting things up so that he comes out as the one who stopped the Government shutdown and is the hero of the show

or

2. Trump has no idea what he's doing and will be the cause of the shutdown

Which one will it be?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Does it count when FAMILY GUY depicts cartoon babies talking about sex, getting stimulated by this or that, etc?

If it counts as anything, of course, it should count as grossout humor when Seth MacFarlane does it-- and I still think that's all that is on Trump's questionable mind.

Note: the fact that I think MacFarlane does good grossout humor, and Trump tries to do grossout humor very badly, doesn't make much difference. He's an idiot, and I don't doubt that he's an ignoramus on the subject of sex and sexual nature. But my main problem is the desperation with which liberals try to jump on every piddling piece of crap in the delusion that it wins them "points" with the converted.
    The Trump being into Ivanka thing isn't some ploy to overthrow him...it's laughing at how weird, gross and creepy he's being. And it's part of a bigger thing. Like, him lying about his weight. It's more of making light out of the shitty situation our country is in. We're all on this burning boat and there is not anything we can do put out the fire, at least for a while, so if the captain who lit the torch is making a jackass of himself, might as well laugh while we can.