Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

What's absurd and amazing to me is how Flake, Graham, and Gardner got chosen to represent the GOP in DACA deal negotiations in the first place. Bad move from the get-go.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Id like to get "Uppity Negro" on a tshirt
    The amount of white tears I would get from a shirt like this down here almost has me weak in the knees.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Two theories

1. Trump is setting things up so that he comes out as the one who stopped the Government shutdown and is the hero of the show

or

2. Trump has no idea what he's doing and will be the cause of the shutdown

Which one will it be?
    Unfortunately, it will most likely be scenario #1. He may have got wind of how MSNBC had found the interview on Fox & Friends where Trump says the 2013 shutdown was on Obama since he was the president. They were playing it a few times last night while I was watching and again this morning.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    What's absurd and amazing to me is how Flake, Graham, and Gardner got chosen to represent the GOP in DACA deal negotiations in the first place. Bad move from the get-go.
    What's absurd and amazing to me is how the GOP got chosen to represent America in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    They have constituents directly affected by the loss of DACA and CHIP. That's why.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

https://twitter.com/SenateMajLdr/sta...09393507876864

"#Senate Democrats have a choice to make. This should be a no-brainer..."

I can only respond to that with this:

https://youtu.be/O7EZ-CBVgF8?t=1m8s
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 01-19-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Who in their right mind would see that and think it isn't an ultimatum by some wannabe comic book supervillain?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Uh-oh. New CNN poll...
    CNN poll: DACA not worth a shutdown, except to Democrats
    Washington (CNN) - With hours to go before a midnight deadline for Congress to fund the government or shut it down, most Americans say avoiding a shutdown [56%] is more important than passing a bill to maintain the program allowing people brought to the US illegally as children to stay [34%], according to a new CNN poll conducted by SSRS.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Who in their right mind would see that and think it isn't an ultimatum by some wannabe comic book supervillain?
    "Not enough time to save them both. Which will it be, Batman?"
    Dammit, now I feel dirty for quoting Batman Forever.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    https://twitter.com/SenateMajLdr/sta...09393507876864

"#Senate Democrats have a choice to make. This should be a no-brainer..."

I can only respond to that with this:

https://youtu.be/O7EZ-CBVgF8?t=1m8s
    So... since McIdiot has gone full-on cartoon supervillain, does this make Ted Cruz his Muttley?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    The answer to your question is "No" to anyone who read the post you quoted, unless one of these babies on Family Guy explicitly states it's the daughter of Seth himself. You really should read all of the posts you quote.

Is there any situation in which you won't give Trump the benefit of the doubt by blaming liberals for going to far?
    I saw how the post was worded re: "sexualizing one's own daughter" or whatever, and I dismissed the wording as irrelevant to the larger question. I mention FAMILY GUY because it's the same sort of extreme, grossout humor that Trump uses. I'm sure everyone here is aware that Trump was never a career politician, that he was a businessman who figured out a way to finesse his rep in the entertainment world. But given that all of you KNOW this, what is the point of taking his goofy asides literally, as if a conversation with Howard Stern had caused him to unburden his demons like a session on a 1950s psychiatrist's couch?

I don't blame liberals for anything Trump says; anything he says is his own responsibility. But I wish liberals would learn to stop over-reacting, so that they end up looking like humorless dolts.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Of course not. That’s just how these people behave. It’s a disturbing, Borg like collective groupthink that encompasses the Republican Party, right wingers, Bible thumpers and conservatives with their marching orders being: “We must protect, placate and enable Trump at all costs”.
    Throw some more of that pre-digested liberal narrative at me, and keep proving my case, O thinker of free thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    This may be the dumbest argument I've seen advanced here in some time. Not only is it rank whataboutism but it's not even a particularly good comparison.
    Sorry you couldn't follow the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I'm trying to wrap my head around ANYONE choosing defense of Trump's incestuous pedophilia moments as the hill they want to die on.
    According to many of you, I already died on the hill of defending neo-Confederates, so what's to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    He asked a question and I answered it. A bit high on snark content but no meaningless insults there.

Did I miss something?
    Though you've tossed off such insults in past posts, PaulBull has been the most prolific. See, I do notice a few individual quirks amid all the conformity.