Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    How do you think I feel? Those bastards start taking money out of my paycheck tomorrow when I officially go on furlough!
    Then there are those who get Social Security checks, if they haven't already received theirs I don't know if they will.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    How do you think I feel? Those bastards start taking money out of my paycheck tomorrow when I officially go on furlough!
    Last time I ended up only being furloughed for two days before getting called back. Now I get to work for free until it ends.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Makes you wonder how their fund-raising is going. Trump has been fundraising over a year now, both for himself and the RNC. I also have a feeling that the DNC thinks that they're above that kind of ad.

Why don't they bring up the family from Michigan, with the dad shipped away last week because he's one of the older ones, just one year shy of being covered under DACA. They spent years trying to work with the immigration officials and spent $125,000 in legal fees, to debunk those that say they didn't try to do things t He's was only 10 at the time he was brought into the US. ICE officers took him away on MLK day and told him he can't come back for 10 years. Who makes these crazy rules? He wasn't a criminal, had a landscaping business, a family and kids. Why are they gung ho to get him out of the country?

They should feature them in a campaign ad to see how Trump lies about just going after the "rapists and murderers"

Because Democrats suck at Politics? Even when they have a clear advantage?

Case in Point, Tom Perez...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Just got a news report from ABC, another 'Trump Voters' story. After seeing it I came to the realization, that the News Media's obsession with running stories on Trump Voters is much the same with going to a Circus Side Show to see the Two Headed Chicken or the Baby with a Beard.

Basically, the reason they keep going back is that they, and the rest of the country who didn't vote for Trump, view those who did like, well, freaks. Bizzare, strange, weird.

The people being interviewed probably don't even realize that they are being regarded in that way.

Now, of course in this country, every one has a right to vote for whomever they want. It just seems clear by the frequency and obsession with them, something that hasn't been done in any previous elections, at least to my knowledge, that these people are not considered noirmal.
    They are aware, but also. The Media in this country are OBESSED with the Right Wing. They despise Liberals and Progressives as a whole, and tend to think The Liberals actually try to use their heads and avoid controversy, we SURVIVE off of controversy, hence Right Wingers.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Yeah, a two year U.S. Senator from Chicago who never served in the House, or the U.S. Military. I mean, Obama was a Constitutional law professor from Harvard, but on several levels, Tammy Duckworth actually has a superior resume.
    To be honest, I think Duckworth would make an excellent candidate from everything I've seen of her. Several Republican attempts to attack her have backfired pretty handily on them. That said, the nativist right would have a field day with her background.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    To be honest, I think Duckworth would make an excellent candidate from everything I've seen of her. Several Republican attempts to attack her have backfired pretty handily on them. That said, the nativist right would have a field day with her background.
    I say, let them demand to see her birth certificate. Should work about as well for them as it did last time.

It was on this day in both 2015, as well as 2016, that “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” profiled Steve Martin, a former member of the Virginia legislature from 1988, serving five years in the General Assembly before moving to the Virginia State Senate from 1993 through 2016. The more famous silver-haired Steve Martin took to social media to ask that no one ever mixed him up with the Republican politician in February 2014 after the latter took to social media to argue against abortion, and in his anti-choice rant, he referred to pregnant mothers as "hosts". That's not all from Virginia's Martin, who was so in favor of torture said that it was justified no matter how many body parts the interrogated party loses, and that "Christ himself would have advocated for torture". Martin (again, the Republican one) believes that Constitutional rights don't apply to practitioners of Islam, because their religion "requires them to kill others to get into Heaven". Yes, somehow, a man with disgusting opinions like that can serve over a quarter century in politics. He was defeated in the GOP Primary for his Virginia State Senate seat in 2015, and has yet to reemerge in another run for office, if he ever will.

One year ago today, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" published its first profile of Josh Moore, a member of the New Hampshire House of Representatives who finished eighth in the general election for his seat, and voters were right that he should barely qualify for office, if at all. You see, there was debate over a public nudity bill sponsored by Josh Moore in the New Hampshire House of Representatives back in December of 2015, HB 1525, which was oddly specific about women’s nipples being an offending thing (but not men’s) and State Rep. Amanda Bouldin was one of the Democrats opposed to the bill because she thought it might potentially make public breastfeeding a crime, and she posted her frustration over it on Facebook. While all any of her fellow legislators had to do was point out that the bill actually did have a written exemption in it for breastfeeding mothers… Josh Moore decided to argue with her by taking a slightly different, and really stupid angle, writing “Who doesn’t support a mother’s right to feed? Don’t give me the liberal talking points Amanda. If it’s a woman’s natural inclination to pull her nipple out in public and you support that. Than you should have no problem with a mans inclantion [sic] to stare at it and grab it. After all... It’s ALL relative and natural, right?” So it seems Josh Moore feels that at the first sign of areola, he’s been given a free pass to grope anyone he likes. Which isn’t true, incidentally, and would actually be a form of sexual assault. Moore then closed his discussion with Amanda Bouldin by telling her, “I’ll see you on the House floor. I obviously have more respect for women and her innocence and decency than women who are support public nudity.”

Yeah, that’s pretty much a response of, “I’m not a disrespectful sexist, you are for believing your nips aren’t filthy and need to be covered up.” Two off-kilter comments aren’t enough to consider someone touched in the head here at CSGOPOTD, but when we look at his voting record, we also take note of how much of an extremist he’s been in his first term in office, what with a vote to repeal the buffer zone for protesters around abortion clinics. Y’know, so they can actually BLOCK THE DOOR. Moore also voted for SB 116, one of the many bills he’s supported to attempt to do away with the requirement of needing a license required to be able to have a concealed carry handgun, and voted against HB 1661, an attempt to ban the practice of gay conversion therapy upon minors.

In the 2016 election, with Josh Moore’s reputation for thinking every nipple exposed was an open invite to go grabbing women’s breasts a known story, he finished far worse than he did in 2014… but still came in eighth and qualified for the general election. By 13 votes. THIRTEEN VOTES was the difference in getting this sexist wanker out of public service. He then survived in the general election by finishing eighth yet again, and used his latest term in office to vote for New Hampshire’s SB 66, a Fetal Personhood Bill. We’re hoping the 2018 Blue Wave election is at the least, strong enough to sweep a conservative d-bag and hanger-on like Josh Moore out of office. At the very least.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I doubt it. I''m sure you know of how they tried it during her campaign for the Senate. Her opponent and the incumbent Mark Kirk derided her statement about her family serving the US military going back to the American Revolution.

"My family has served this nation in uniform going back to the Revolution. I am a daughter of the American Revolution. I've bled for this nation. But I still want to be there in the Senate when the drums of war sound because I want to be there to say, 'This is what it costs. This is what you're asking us to do. And if that's the case, I'll go,'" she said at the University of Illinois Springfield.
    "Families like mine are the ones that lead first. But let's make sure the American people understand what we're engaging in. And let's hold our allies accountable because we can't do it all," she added.
    Kirk responded: "I forgot your parents came all the way from Thailand to serve George Washington."
    Wellll, he forgot to take into account her father's side of the family. Her father was a Marine veteran with a rank of Captain whose family traces back to before the Revolution. They can't touch that.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-22-2018 at 01:13 AM.

I doubt it. I''m sure you know of how they tried it during her campaign for the Senate. Her opponent and the incumbent Mark Kirk derided her statement about her family serving the US military going back to the American Revolution.

Well, it's not like the birhter stuff actually helped them with Obama either, honestly. It'll still happen.

Well, it's not like the birhter stuff actually helped them with Obama either, honestly. It'll still happen.
    TRUMP: "She's a Manchurian Candidate! You can just look at her, she totally looks Manchurian to me!"

For the "Non-Illinois" peeps, Kirk got the political equivalent of the DDT and had to backtrack and apologize not even a couple of days later.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    For the "Non-Illinois" peeps, Kirk got the political equivalent of the DDT and had to backtrack and apologize not even a couple of days later.
    Mark Kirk had a pretty impressive track record for putting his foot in his mouth. Some blamed it on his stroke. Some just thought he was an ***hole.

Pence lies to troops about Trump’s failure to protect their pay during shutdown

The Trump administration’s attempts to deflect blame for the Trump shutdown have ranged from comical to reckless, but Mike Pence may have set a new low bar by lying to servicemembers who are risking their lives.

While Donald Trump spends his weekend pretending to work for the cameras, Pence is on a Middle East trip that brought him face-to-face with troops stationed in Jordan, just across the border from war-torn Syria.

And during his remarks, Pence lied right to their faces.

“I’m sure you’re all aware of what’s going on in Washington D.C.,” Pence said, referring to the shutdown. “Despite bipartisan support for a budget resolution, a minority in the Senate has decided to play politics with military pay.”
    But as was captured on film and linked to in the article (And mentioned on these forums I'm sure), McConnell was really the one who blocked that from happening. This sort of bald-faced denial of truth is what the GOP is doing all the time now, and it sickens me to think that not that many seem to care about fixing it or actually holding all on the gov't dime accountable for it. They've even lied about if the DHS is doing analysis or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post

But as was captured on film and linked to in the article (And mentioned on these forums I'm sure), McConnell was really the one who blocked that from happening. This sort of bald-faced denial of truth is what the GOP is doing all the time now, and it sickens me to think that not that many seem to care about fixing it or actually holding all on the gov't dime accountable for it. They've even lied about if the DHS is doing analysis or not.
    Pence's "tut, tut" in the face of facts followed by calmly and boldly lying is his signature move. He put it on display against Tim Kaine in the VP debates, he's gone on Sunday shows and openly done it.

But when you pull that s*** with service members, specifically? F*** you, Fundy Race Bannon.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post

I'm not at all surprised. The GOP are demonic and will do anything and lie to anyone to serve their own ends. And yeah, it's unlikely Red Grant will be called out for his lies.

Shutdown Enters Day 3 As Senators Look For A Deal

The Senate is set to vote Monday on a three-week funding bill to reopen the government, but it’s not clear if it can pass.

White House Tries To Distance Itself From Trump Campaign Ad Calling Democrats ‘Complicit’ In Murder

White House legislative affairs director Marc Short then defended it, saying the message is on point.

WSJ Reporter: Trump May Have Reneged On Border Wall Deal To Hold On To Campaign Issue

Maybe what he really wants is to attack Democrats about not having a wall.

Lindsey Graham Slams Trump Aide, Says White House Staff Making Negotiations ‘Difficult’

“As long as Stephen Miller is in charge of negotiating immigration, we’re going nowhere.”

Mick Mulvaney, Supporter Of 2013 Government Shutdown, Blames Obama For That One

He also said no one could accuse Trump of wanting a shutdown. But Trump previously indicated a shutdown could be a good thing for him politicially.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!