Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    I think it depends how it happens.

If someone shoot at them and had malicious motives, i dont see it.
    You don't use social media, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    You don't use social media, do you?
    I do, it sicken me sometimes.

Mighty Member

I do, it sicken me sometimes.
    That is our world now.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    IMO this is the same dumb attitude that carries over from sports contests
    I've seen many parallels between sports and politics, myself. Politics has become very much like a team sport. You hardly see anybody cheering when the other side makes a point (i.e., passing a law which will benefit a significant portion of the population). Seeing another team, which might not be the best one in the league, as being just as shitty as your last place team. Look, they have A crappy player, so they're just as bad as my team (which is full of them). I wonder if the popularity of professional sports in our country has helped to shape this mentality?
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    I've seen many parallels between sports and politics, myself. Politics has become very much like a team sport. You hardly see anybody cheering when the other side makes a point (i.e., passing a law which will benefit a significant portion of the population). Seeing another team, which might not be the best one in the league, as being just as shitty as your last place team. Look, they have A crappy player, so they're just as bad as my team (which is full of them). I wonder if the popularity of professional sports in our country has helped to shape this mentality?
    Nah, that is just tribalism, you will stick to your tribe no matter what.

BANNED

Nah, that is just tribalism, you will stick to your tribe no matter what.
    moreso now, because the loudest and worst members of the tribe are in power

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    as a consumer, I want efficient when I go shopping for things

if that means getting rid of fallible labor (humans), then why not?
    Because if enough companies do this, unemployment skyrockets and then who's going to shop at the stores? Crap like this is why we need progressive tax instead of just assuming that all rich people are going to hire more people if we just let them keep more of the money they make. With the flat tax system that Republicans envision, every business owner that could do this would.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

moreso now, because the loudest and worst members of the tribe are in power
    I agree with this, the lesser groups have the loudest voices.

BANNED

When you pick a fight, you had better have some reason to think you can win. Any kid on the playground knows that.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    When you pick a fight, you had better have some reason to think you can win. Any kid on the playground knows that.
    Why do you think the Dems were picking a fight? You can't have it both ways. If they did nothing, you'd say they were wimps I suppose.

Trump reneged on his statements that he made only a few days before the vote. It's like trying to nail jello to a wall (which is what Schumer was trying to say )

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Because if enough companies do this, unemployment skyrockets and then who's going to shop at the stores? Crap like this is why we need progressive tax instead of just assuming that all rich people are going to hire more people if we just let them keep more of the money they make. With the flat tax system that Republicans envision, every business owner that could do this would.
    so we hinder progress because.....people?

Astonishing Member

as a consumer, I want efficient when I go shopping for things

if that means getting rid of fallible labor (humans), then why not?
    Careful what you wish for, your 'fallible labor' may be next on the cbopping block.

Why do you think the Dems were picking a fight? You can't have it both ways. If they did nothing, you'd say they were wimps I suppose.

Trump reneged on his statements that he made only a few days before the vote. It's like trying to nail jello to a wall (which is what Schumer was trying to say )
    They picked a fight by... the Republicans lying repeatedly about getting CHIP funding in place for the past few years, so the GOP could use its power to force a shutdown of the government they control and... renew CHIP for 6 years?

It seems much more likely that political takes from the hard right these days are about as informed as the average user of bath salts.

Which, come to think of it, would explain Steve Bannon.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I was watching Schumer's speech on CNN before the vote yesterday and that's pretty much what he said. Trump has been the moving target few can nail down with any lasting effectiveness, hell, I half expected him to change his mind at the last minute and not sign the deal for the continuing resolution for no other reason than because he felt like it. And I wouldn't have been the least bit surprised if he had. Angry? Hell yeah. Surprised? Nope.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

so we hinder progress because.....people?
    It is hard to get people to agree to re-training for jobs in the new economy. Just look at the coal industry.