Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    The question was also loaded in that Trump really didn't sexualize the infant Tiffany. I listened to the comment, and what he's doing is projecting the degree of hotness that she would gain upon maturation. Obviously, when he makes "the breast gesture," this can't be a reference to the infant as she is at the time. This seemed obvious to me at the time I last posted, so I tried to make a larger point about empty rhetoric in general. I pretty much expected it would fall on deaf ears.

It's legitimate to say that he's overly concerned with proving that his child is not just cute as a baby, but will be hot someday as well. But that's a long way from "sexualizing," which is the sort of argument I see all too frequently with Neopuritan liberals.
    I think this is a distinction without a difference. Using adult terminology and gestures to describe what an infant will look like in the future does count as sexualization.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Wasn't Clinton impeached for lying about it? If that's all it takes, lying, then Trump would have been impeached the day he took office. Really impeaching Clinton was just a political
    stunt by the Republicans to bring down a popular president because they controlled both houses. The irony is Clinton got more popular after that. With the Republicans in control
    of both houses I doubt Trump would get impeached no matter what he does. It could turn out Trump paid the Russians millions to hack the election and he'd probably still be in office.
    Clinton lied under oath. Regular lies (IE- in a speech, interview or conversations with lawmakers) aren't enough for an impeachment.

To be fair, there is a pretty good chance Trump will commit perjury at some point, so he might be in a similar position.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

The thing that is so hypocritical about Trump's supporters is many identify themselves as very religious. Yet Trump's on his third wife and he's cheated on every one of them and that includes the current wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't think anyone has brought this up here yet. But I watched Bill Maher last week and "Fire and Fury" author Michael Wolff was the opening guest. Maher asked him if there was one thing in the book that he's surprised no one has hit upon yet. He surprised me when he said that he was almost certain that Trump is having an affair. He says he leaves a clue in a paragraph at the end of the book.

Guesses anyone?

I'll throw out some likely suspects

I don't think anyone has brought this up here yet. But I watched Bill Maher last week and "Fire and Fury" author Michael Wolff was the opening guest. Maher asked him if there was one thing in the book that he's surprised no one has hit upon yet. He surprised me when he said that he was almost certain that Trump is having an affair. He says he leaves a clue in a paragraph at the end of the book.

Guesses anyone?

Kelly Anne Conway
    Hope Hicks
    Long time assistant Rhona Graff
    Now that you mention it, Conway makes a lot of sense. Ugh, now I gotta go bleach my brain!
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Guesses anyone?

Kelly Anne Conway
    Hope Hicks

The reason I came up with them is because he can't really do the bar scene any more and the Secret Service is around him a lot when he travels. It has to be someone who is already in the White House or Mar a Lago a lot. Maybe it's a wild theory of his but .....people have gotten away with hanky panky in the WH before.
    The name I've heard is Nikki Haley. There's some line at the end of the book about how they spend time together.

I heard that she was the rumored one when I asked an Indian friend what he thinks of her, and found out that this is coloring his view.

It seems unlikely, and one of the numerous problems with Wolff that he hinted at it without any serious evidence.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The name I've heard is Nikki Haley. There's some line at the end of the book about how they spend time together.

I heard that she was the rumored one when I asked an Indian friend what he thinks of her, and found out that this is coloring his view.

It seems unlikely, and one of the numerous problems with Wolff that he hinted at it without any serious evidence.
    Wasn't she accused of engaging in an affair when she ran for Governor?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    To be fair, there is a pretty good chance Trump will commit perjury at some point, so he might be in a similar position.
    The other thing Clinton was impeached for was obstruction of justice, which Trump probably has done loads of already.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Wasn't she accused of engaging in an affair when she ran for Governor?
    She was accused in 2007, 2010, 2011, and in 2017. 2 different guys. 1 was an obvious scam. The other ... sounded way to plausible but didn't go anywhere.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Remember, the GOP bailed on Nixon and moved to impeach only when the mid-terms were approaching in '74, and they were trying to save their own ass then.
    Different breed of Republicans electorate back then. Constituents in red states watch the same FOX that Trump does, and likely won't be kind to Congressmen who oppose him. Don't forget, conservatives overwhelmingly vote for a pedophile in Alabama a couple of months ago. They have a great capacity to rationalize just about anything that is told to them by the media outlets they choose to 'inform' themselves with.

In it's current state, though, I can see enough Republicans in the Senate switching over to help impeach Trump, but definitely not in the House.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

BANNED

By the gods I don't believe in, this hurt my brain... Trump supporters are cultlike to the NTH degree. After getting called out for acting cultlike by another Trump voter, they act cultlike...

BANNED

DAMN! Burger King nailed it. When people don't care about what happens to them, they fall for anything.
    APATHY IS NOT AN OPTION people.

Even Burger King Is Pretty Much Begging People to Care About Net Neutrality
    And they're doing a surprisingly good job./

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    DAMN! Burger King nailed it. When people don't care about what happens to them, they fall for anything.
    APATHY IS NOT AN OPTION people.

Even Burger King Is Pretty Much Begging People to Care About Net Neutrality
    And they're doing a surprisingly good job./

Saw this on Twitter recently and I hope more people will wise up to this BS whatever it takes.

BANNED

Then conservatives need to stay the hell out of other people's lives and shut the hell up about family values. But I guess it's okay when they do it.

Tony Perkins: Trump Gets ‘a Mulligan’ on Life, Stormy Daniels
    The Family Research Council head says that evangelical conservatives are willing to overlook Trump’s past behavior so long as he delivers for them on policy.

I agree with this...

Imagine had this been Obama or Clinton... OH MAN! The Right Wing would go NUTS!!! But HEY! I'm a Fake Christian, Family Values, Family Values!!!
    Last edited by Tazirai; 01-24-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    By the gods I don't believe in, this hurt my brain... Trump supporters are cultlike to the NTH degree. After getting called out for acting cultlike by another Trump voter, they act cultlike...
    Yeah, despite all the **** he did to help Bush get elected, I've really become a fan of Luntz's more recent stuff highlighting the mentality of conservatives today. I saw his focus group with Roy Moore supporters right before the special election and it was pretty much the same thing, sans the 1 or 2 sane sane voters in this video.

Here's another link with video of the group you posted:

Well, looks like we're going to see Don the Con interviewed sooner than later!

Trump Says 'I Will Do It Under Oath' Regarding Speaking To Mueller.

Trump Says He Is Willing to Speak Under Oath to Mueller.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Guesses anyone?

Kelly Anne Conway
    Hope Hicks

The reason I came up with them is because he can't really do the bar scene any more and the Secret Service is around him a lot when he travels. It has to be someone who is already in the White House or Mar a Lago a lot. Maybe it's a wild theory of his but .....people have gotten away with hanky panky in the WH before.
    My money’s on Hope Hicks. I’m not familiar with Ms. Graff, but I can’t see Trump banging Sewer Rat Barbie. Even an unabashed womanizer like Trump has standards.

The thing that is so hypocritical about Trump's supporters is many identify themselves as very religious. Yet Trump's on his third wife and he's cheated on every one of them and that includes the current wife.
    The bible thumpers don’t give a **** about being hypocritical when it comes to Trump because he promised to kill Roe v. Wade if he got elected, and that’s all they care about.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!