Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Yesterday, the Deputy Director of the FBI, who's not been on Trump's good side, stepped down. He was the acting director of the FBI after Trump got rid of Comey. Comey got the notice of his firing if you recall while at a seminar on the West Coast and it was hitting the news before he even knew about. He took the flight home on government funded FBI plane...and then things got ugly really fast on a call from Trump

President Donald Trump reportedly lashed out at Andrew McCabe, who stepped down as the deputy director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation Monday, during a phone call in May 2017. Sources are said to have told the network that Trump made the phone call a day after he fired former FBI Director James Comey to find out why Comey took a flight on a government-funded FBI plane after he had been dismissed.

...the president suggested that McCabe ask his wife how it feels to be a loser. Trump hung up the phone after McCabe said "Okay, sir," sources familiar with the call told NBC News. The White House refused to be quoted on the record to NBC News, but an official speaking anonymously disputed the report. The FBI declined to comment.

With his comment about McCabe's wife, Trump was thought to have been alluding to Jill McCabe's failed run for Virginia State Senate in 2015. Her election campaign received almost $500,000
    Is Trump that petty and that much of a dick? Yeah, I'm going with that. Insulting someone's wife is in his wheelhouse since he did it to Ted Cruz. The guy has no class whatsoever.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-30-2018 at 01:19 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    One News story I am expecting sometime this year is one about Meliana Trump filing for a divorce.
    But then she doesn't get his money, right? Or does she?

Also, I'm not convinced he has much money. I feel like this presidency thing was a means to make money. I'm starting to wonder if he really plans to run in 2020, or if he just wants to crowdfund for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Drink any time he says:

Best
    Biggest
    Greatest
    Huge
    Bigly
    Fake

...if you dare. As someone licensed to serve alcohol in my state, I cannot condone this game.
    To reference another thread: Wolverine would survive this, Batman couldn't.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

In anticipating Trump saying how great the stock market is doing, the DJI lost 1.3 % so far today.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    republican Rep Paul Gosar has contacted the Capitol Police and Jeff Sessions to ask they consider checking IDs of guests of Democrats at the State of the Uniom to arrest illegals
    Dang. Beat me to it! Here's the link to the official Twitter confirming it.

Speaking of stories with familiar themes, here's this one. A tale in two pictures:

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post

Also, I'm not convinced he has much money. I feel like this presidency thing was a means to make money. I'm starting to wonder if he really plans to run in 2020, or if he just wants to crowdfund for 4 years.
    I have a feeling she would stand to get a better deal as far as money goes if she divorced him while Trump is still in the White House. No telling what would happen to him afterward. If she does it now, she might get a divorce settlement along with child support.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    In anticipating Trump saying how great the stock market is doing, the DJI lost 1.3 % so far today.
    Since when did reality play a part in this?

Honestly, I don't need to hear the speech, I've heard it. Stock Market at all time high, unemployment at all time low, saving the economy despite record obstruction.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

One News story I am expecting sometime this year is one about Meliana Trump filing for a divorce.
    Has a president ever separated from his wife while still in office? I’ve been of the opinion that Trump would’ve divorced Melania if he had lost the election as, pardon my coarseness, her shelf life as a trophy wife had expired and Spray Tan Don was probably already looking for a replacement European mail order bride, probably from Bad Vlad’s stable. Now? Even if Melania’s decided enough is enough, the GOP won’t let her leave because that won’t play with Trump’s base, never mind the bad optics of Trump trolling fancy dinner parties in Washington for prey or shuttling hotties to Mar-a-Lago on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yesterday, the Deputy Director of the FBI, who's not been on Trump's good side, stepped down. He was the acting director of the FBI after Trump got rid of Comey. Comey got the notice of his firing if you recall while at a seminar on the West Coast and it was hitting the news before he even knew about. He took the flight home on government funded FBI plane...and then things got ugly really fast on a call from Trump

Is Trump that petty and that much of a dick? Yeah, I'm going with that. Insulting someone's wife is in his wheelhouse since he did it to Ted Cruz. The guy has no class whatsoever.
    Even before Cheeto Jesus entered the political arena, he probably thought he was too rich to have class or give a **** about anyone other than himself. Now that he’s president, Trump no doubt thinks the world is beneath him and can do anything he wants.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Look, I get that you see yourself as open-minded and willing to listen to any opinion regardless of where it comes from. But if 9 times out of 10, you find yourself agreeing with conservatives and disagreeing with liberals, then you are, by definition, a conservative.
    There are liberals who take particular conservative positions from time to time, and vice versa.

Whether anyone believes it or not, I've defined myself as an "old school liberal," meaning that I harbor some animosity for people who take liberal positions but who make use of tactics I deem closer in spirit to those of conservatives.

I would freely admit, for instance, that political conservatives have been historically worse than liberals about using "alternative truths" to suit their purposes. That's why, n its time, Franken's LYING LIARS book was spot-on. But I don't like seeing the liberals adopt those tactics either, and I'd say ninety percent of the issues I've addressed here are things I consider "big lies," be it the Nazi/Neo-Confederate conflation or whatever you choose.

I distinguish my attitude from that of the commonplace troll because the troll just wants to rile posters up. I don't really expect intensive debate, but I've been most interested in the exchanges here when posters have come up with the occasional argumentative mot juste.

Like I said, believe it or don't.

I don't. At this point, she wants to inherit something when he dies. She's invested too much already to quit now, when he's so close to an aneurysm on a daily basis.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I guess I've been playing the Trump drinking game since last November and didn't even know it.
    We all have, ChadH. We all have.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I don't. At this point, she wants to inherit something when he dies. She's invested too much already to quit now, when he's so close to an aneurysm on a daily basis.
    She might have enough Kompromat on her husband to get plenty in a settlement.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Trump will just put her in a packing crate and send her back to Westworld.

Seriously, I hope for her sake they have separate bedrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post

She could get a book deal.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Don't watch the SOTU. Particularly those of you with Nielsen boxes. Give this SOTU the lowest ratings in recent memory.

It'll drive him crazy...