"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I think we hit 40! What's the tally now?

EDIT: 33. Still ... holy crap! The rats are fleeing the sinking ship.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-31-2018 at 10:54 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Likability....the opiate of the masses

do you like your boss? do you like your SOs relatives?

NO YOU DON'T
    Except for all things equal, I don't care about likability, either. Yet, many people do, so it can't be discounted.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    A Democrat with similar views to Hillary, greater likability and sincerity, and zero or minimal baggage? Yes.
    And was male? Most definitely. Let's not ignore this country's collective misogyny when it comes to putting a woman in the ultimate seat of power, and the simple fact it might never happen, at least not in my lifetime. I remember back during the election when women were quoted saying they wouldn't vote with their you-know-what, was that a broadside at the wholly unlikable Hillary Clinton, or a statement of truth about how women had little to no stomach for electing one of their own as president? We'll never know for sure I suppose, but it can't be discounted that for all our so-called progressiveness, we don't have the balls to go all the way and elect a highly qualified woman as Commander-in-Chief. Too much patriarchy, too much chauvinism, too much of that 1950's mindset that says women belong in the home, barefoot, pregnant and chained to the stove cooking meals for their men (Republican Senate candidate Courtland Sykes, come on down!). While neanderthals like Sykes are out there, and women support his prehistoric views, nothing will change, and that glass ceiling will never be broken.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Also those people who founded the nation what be horrified by the current political party structure and what the government became. So take that as you will.
    They'd also be bummed they couldn't own slaves now. So take that as you will.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Because he probably would have won and he's still the most popular politician in the country and he rallies your base. The reason the Democrats lost is because they didn't keep it simple like that and talked themselves into pushing very flawed candidates. You have the most popular guy in all of politics and your base wants him and your trying to say "oh well he's old" (didn't matter to Reagan, being old also didn't matter when they wanted Hillary in there, it's not the 60's anymore, the young guy look doesn't mean much anymore) and he struggled in the south that's going to vote Republican anyways (but by all means continue to chase Republican voters at the expense of the base, it worked out real well for you).
    Bernie just didn't lose the south he lost minorities in the primaries. Its what was a big factor. Some how Bernie Sanders would have magically appealed to the minority voters where he failed in the primaries earlier ? That makes no sense and anyone can tell you this.

Keep it simple and go with the guy your base is screaming for. Don't try to force a square into a circle and then try to convince yourselves it will work. Joe Kennedy isn't even close to being the most popular politican or have the best chance of winning the Presidency of people in his own state (Warren would rock him if they went against each other in anytype of primary over there).
    Here is a simple fact , Bernie in a lot of states played great. He sold out stadiums and rocked it. But Bernie Sanders with a lot of minorities in the south failed. The campaign he ran there was complete crap. In fact now I can tell you they aren't demanding Bernie Sanders. They didn't in 2016 and they sure as hell aren't now.

They went with youth and Warren is in her 60's. They picked Kennedy because he's "the future" guy ahead.

At the end of the day it's just another example that the Democratic Party want their handpicked choice in there over the really popular guy.

And yeah, they'll probably lose again as a result.
    At the end of the day I have a solution for Bernie Sanders supporters. A simple one and maybe you can help him.

1- Build a time machine. Yes start work on the time machine.

2 - Travel back to around 2015 and tell Sanders he needs to run a better campaign in the South. Just focus hard on minorities there and push his message there.

3- Travel back and see if he listened.

Because that is what sunk him in that. Howard Dean was mega popular awhile in 2004. But he blundered and lost the nomination.

im tired of white democrats telling me what to do

I will watch this world burn until I AM PANDERED TO
    and they put us here

and I will never let them forget it
    Its simple they want magical unicorn Sanders and not realizing why he lost and somehow in 2020 that will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Kennedy speaking in Spanish the other night killed his chances. What in the hell was he thinking about?
    Yeah he should so appeal to the white nationalists ...what the fuck was he thinking about ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And was male? Most definitely.
    Yes, but I believe another female like Hillary without the negatives would have won. Republicans weren't going to vote for any Democrat even if the nominee looked like me (white with freckles ), so they're a non-factor for a discussion. Dems and Independents, OTOH, would have been the factor and I believe would have voted for a woman over Trump.

BANNED

Trump's opponents need to come out of that echo chamber they love so much.

All I read in the media was about how terrible Trump's speech was. Meanwhile...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/viewers...cbs-news-poll/

That's good advice for everybody, Trey.

Mighty Member

All I read in the media was about how terrible Trump's speech was. Meanwhile...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/viewers...cbs-news-poll/
    Holy shit, who gives a shit about that. You don't need an echo chamber to hear the hateful shit he has spewed for 2 years. A vague call for unity in a country he has increasingly worked to divide does not change shit.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Holy shit, who gives a shit about that. You don't need an echo chamber to hear the hateful shit he has spewed for 2 years. A vague call for unity in a country he has increasingly worked to divide does not change shit.
    Trump supporters spout "Unity" and more. But really look at what was posted above from Trey about Joe Kennedy speaking Spanish. They want "White Unity" only . Trey acted like Joe Kennedy speaking Spanish was some big deal. That to me is unity they preach.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Trey Gowdy is retiring

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Trump supporters spout "Unity" and more. But really look at what was posted above from Trey about Joe Kennedy speaking Spanish. They want "White Unity" only . Trey acted like Joe Kennedy speaking Spanish was some big deal. That to me is unity they preach.
    This is why Trump keep winning. Right here. Kennedy loudly signals his virtue from his isolated estate in a white neighborhood, and Trump's opponents respond to that by yelling about what terrible people Trump's supporters are.

There are almost no blacks in the town where Oprah Winfrey lives, yet she preaches about segregated neighborhoods. The Democrats are hot for her to run too.

If you want to lose, then this is the correct way to do it.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 01-31-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Mighty Member

This is why Trump keep winning. Right here. Kennedy loudly signals his virtue from his isolated estate in a white neighborhood, and Trump's opponents respond to that by yelling about what terrible people Trump's supporters are.

Trump's winning in 2020 so who the hell cares.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Like Cheeto Jesus has spent his life living among the masses and not in his gilded tower in Manhattan or his exclusive country clubs in Florida and New Jersey. Give. Me. A. Fucking. Break.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!