Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Maybe he's worried now that he sold the rest of Fox to Disney that the viewers have turned just enough against Trump that they need to do this too keep the ratings and advertisers happy?

Serious question my dad asked me yesterday, he wants to know what it would take for a woman to be president. I told him I don't know, any ideas?
    She'd have to be Norwegian. Or Argentinian, even.

Maybe he's worried now that he sold the rest of Fox to Disney that the viewers have turned just enough against Trump that they need to do this too keep the ratings and advertisers happy?

Serious question my dad asked me yesterday, he wants to know what it would take for a woman to be president. I told him I don't know, any ideas?
    Time.

I have had conversations like this with my mom. And she very badly wants to see a woman elected president in her lifetime. But she's getting up there in age.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    She'd have to be Norwegian. Or Argentinian, even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Time.

I have had conversations like this with my mom. And she very badly wants to see a woman elected president in her lifetime. But she's getting up there in age.
    Either a woman VP or a disabled war veteran. Both would had to have served in Congress already. Maybe a Governor.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Trump is very lucky that his enemies are so inept. Even Morning Joe and the Huffington Post have turned against Michael Wolff. Trump wins again. Tell me again about how he's obviously a goner in 2020.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0bf6e6e222a16

This is why we can't have nice things:

Only 8 percent of high school seniors surveyed by an independent polling firm for the study identified slavery as the primary reason for the Civil War. Almost half identified tax protests as the main cause.
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...699143f144f?d4

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Trump is very lucky that his enemies are so inept. Even Morning Joe and the Huffington Post have turned against Michael Wolff. Trump wins again. Tell me again about how he's obviously a goner in 2020.

Joe is a former Republican Congressman. Who basically helped Trump get elected with unlimited free airtime on his show. What did you expect of him?

Another school shooting. This one in LA.

‘Grassroots’ Media Startup Redfish Is Supported by the Kremlin
    The documentary outlet styles itself as independent and community-based, but its work airs on a state-supported TV network and most of its employees are from state-backed media.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/grassr...by-the-kremlin

Mighty Member

Whether he's a goner in 2020 or not...well, I agree with you, he's probably not, unfortunately.

But you are linking two different things together. Michael Wolff has received a lot of criticism from people on the left. A whole lot. And that aside, anyway, whatever the Morning Joe hosts' opinions are of Trump, their response had nothing to do with him. They were defending a woman being accused of having an affair with Trump. And it seems like the accusation was more that she is "sleeping her way to the top" or whatever.

And not that anyone deserves the dumbass accusation that they slept their way into power, but Haley is actually one of the people in this administration who seems qualified for a position in a presidential administration.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    This is why we can't have nice things:
    Who can forget Democrat Rep Preston Brooks' 1856 attack on Senator Charles Sumner over taxation. Certainly it wasn't about the Kansas–Nebraska Act.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Who can forget Democrat Rep Preston Brooks' 1856 attack on Senator Charles Sumner over taxation. Certainly it wasn't about the Kansas–Nebraska Act.
    You seem nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Is the average wealth and material circumstances of Trump voters really substantially different from those that voted for Clinton? Is there really any evidence to prove there is a statistically significant difference in IQ levels? (At very least there will be a tremendous overlap in intelligence levels between the two groups.)

I think it’s an extra-ordinary proposition that a great many Trumo voters can’t be persuaded to vote differently. And one that would be costly if Democrats accept...they need to come up with policies to win a substantial number over.
    I wonder if the difference isn't level of intelligence/IQ but rather, their level of empathy.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Decoder ring: When I post "you seem nice" I am thinking of something completely different.

Trump wings again. Tell me again about how he's obviously a goner in 2020.
    Your definition of "win" remains flawed.

The Mueller investigation could land him, and/or several members of his cabinet in jail. People are constantly resigning from his administration, to the point the White House should have a revolving door. His poll numbers are garbage, and getting lower by the day. He's failing to keep any of his promises. Voter registration is staggeringly on the upswing. His base is known to be older, and are literally dying off, while the Democrats' base are all the young voters.

I could go on, but I don't have all day to try and make you realize that you'll have to find a new racist, sexist, dementia-suffering idol to worship.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

I dont think anyone is going to jail TBH

but that administration is bleeding staff practically by the hour, that is not the sign of a functioning government

and rumors of DeVos resigning are cropping up again - because there are rumors she's frustrated at the lack of "positive response" to what she sees as good policy changes