Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Your definition of "win" remains flawed.
    He actually wrote "wings" again, as in "Trump keeps winging it."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    subject change

was reading a recent interview with Kathy Griffin (who Im still a fan of), how entertainment industry basically abandoned her after that photo

and how shes been touring overseas and selling out every single venue she's gone to

she didn't kill anyone, didn't assault anyone, didn't get caught buying coke

she took a picture and got abandoned by almost everyone, save her boyfriend and her mom
    Fostering a culture that self-righteously and obsessively lashes out against “hate speech” comes as a packaged deal, I’m afraid. It ain’t just the “bad guys” who get burnt.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 02-01-2018 at 12:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Fostering a culture that self-righteously and obsessively lashes out against “hate speech” comes as a packaged deal, I’m afraid. It ain’t just the “bad guys” who get burnt.
    I think what she did, and an institution/mindset/philosophy that wants to hang brown/black people or make them second class citizens are two entirely different things

Mighty Member

I think what she did, and an institution/mindset/philosophy that wants to hang brown/black people or make them second class citizens are two entirely different things
    And that’s why the court of law (imperfect as it is) >>> court of public opinion when it comes to discerning that, let alone penalizing it.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 02-01-2018 at 02:03 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Too bad your limited capabilities blind you to Trey being correct more often than not. IIRC he had a sales or marketing background and often looks at things from that lens.
    I find that hard to believe given the huge amount of threads he has made about harebrained schemes to reinvigorate the American comic book industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I find that hard to believe given the huge amount of threads he has made about harebrained schemes to reinvigorate the American comic book industry.
    Well, there are marketing people who think putting a little black boy in a "monkey" sweat shirt is a good idea.

Being in marketing does not mean being good at it, clearly.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I haven't seen all of those. I recall a distant strong difference of opinion I had with him on status quo of the Green Lantern franchise, some idea he had to reinvigorate it. I find his political posts to be quite insightful or onto something.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-01-2018 at 01:39 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Mighty Member

I think it's weird people still post about comics on here.

Comic books seem like the most irrelevant thing in 2018, all things considered.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Comic books seem like the most irrelevant thing in 2018, all things considered.
    Trumpocalypse nuts would rather be miserable it seems.

Media moguls and politicians on both sides...raking in the dough. $$$
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-01-2018 at 01:49 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Mighty Member

Well, it's like, I'm sitting here bullshitting about Wolverine or whatever, and like, the world is done. Takes the fun out of it.

Ke$ha is also raking in the dough. $$$. I assume, anyway.
    Last edited by ZombieHavoc; 02-01-2018 at 01:51 PM.

subject change

was reading a recent interview with Kathy Griffin (who Im still a fan of), how entertainment industry basically abandoned her after that photo

and how shes been touring overseas and selling out every single venue she's gone to

she took a picture and got abandoned by almost everyone, save her boyfriend and her mom
    She did something stupid, and handled the situation badly with a desperate apology and then a lot of backtracking on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Maybe he's worried now that he sold the rest of Fox to Disney that the viewers have turned just enough against Trump that they need to do this too keep the ratings and advertisers happy?

Serious question my dad asked me yesterday, he wants to know what it would take for a woman to be president. I told him I don't know, any ideas?
    It's probably going to come down to luck.

Hillary didn't get to be President because she ran against Obama in the 2008 primaries, and later got to be the Democratic nominee at a time the party in the White House historically loses (when running to follow a two-term incumbent.)

Someone else might have better luck.

One potential problem is that Democrats are probably more likely to nominate a woman in 2020 due to a combination of the bench and pent-up demand. If she loses (as occurs to most challengers of incumbent first-term Presidents) they might decide in 2024, that the loss was due to sexism, and back a male candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    They're both brunettes, so they need a ginger to balance out the ticket.

By your logic, Cheney would never have picked Cheney to be Bush's Veep.
    Cheney wasn't a congressional backbencher. He was a former Secretary of State who had added gravitas to a ticket headed by a lightweight Governor.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Cheney wasn't a congressional backbencher. He was a former Secretary of State who had added gravitas to a ticket headed by a lightweight Governor.
    Now he's a war criminal so. Life takes you funny places.

Media moguls and politicians on both sides...raking in the dough. $$$
    Would you call the members of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists' Science and Security Board "nuts"?

This Nunes Memo....I think it is fair to say the whole mess with the FBI does date back to Comey and the Clinton Email investigation. If he hadn't made it public, the people of the US wouldn't be so suspicious of the FBI...whoch eventually feeds into the narritive that Nunes is trying to create that the FBI is biased.

Even if it is as convoluted and crossed-eyed backward as a M.C. Escher painting.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

subject change

You're talking like her career was on fire before any of this went down...