BANNED

Poor Joe. THEY DON'T LIKE YOU!!!!
    It took Obama 6 years to get this. You're not Obama, you're far far far worse. At least Obama did so in a TRUE effort of Bipartisanship. You do it because you're craven.

If Joe goes I'll celebrate right alongside everyone else, but I'd still take his craven ass over Cruz or Cornyn in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    If Joe goes I'll celebrate right alongside everyone else, but I'd still take his craven ass over Cruz or Cornyn in a heartbeat.
    Is Ted Cruz the bar now? Have our expectations truly fallen that low?

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    He's who I'm stuck with so he's the oh-so-punchable hurdle we in Texas have to make it past.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Joe Manchin gets the resounding endorsement of being less s***ty than Texas Senators.

I mean, I can't disagree, but that's not a high bar. He's craven. He's doing the political math, and realizing his state had the largest margin for Trump of any state in the union, so he's going to capitulate to the Ochre Ogre to survive his next re-election, theoretically. If anybody to his left beat him in a primary, they almost definitely would lose in a general.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Joe Manchin gets the resounding endorsement of being less s***ty than Texas Senators.

I mean, I can't disagree, but that's not a high bar. He's craven. He's doing the political math, and realizing his state had the largest margin for Trump of any state in the union, so he's going to capitulate to the Ochre Ogre to survive his next re-election, theoretically. If anybody to his left beat him in a primary, they almost definitely would lose in a general.
    In the hoped-for Blue Wave I guess it would depend on who got the nomination and how far past Joe they were to the left.

In the hoped-for Blue Wave I guess it would depend on who got the nomination and how far past Joe they were to the left.
    Meet Paula Jea Swearengin. If she were to upset Manchin, the front-runner in the GOP side is Don Blankenship, a coal baron who did time for negligence on safety standards that got 29 coal miners killed. I mean, I think she could beat that guy in coal country.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

I keep Posting Paula Jean and she has a legit chance. I'm supporting her from NC.

Meet Paula Jea Swearengin. If she were to upset Manchin, the front-runner in the GOP side is Don Blankenship, a coal baron who did time for negligence on safety standards that got 29 coal miners killed. I mean, I think she could beat that guy in coal country.
    Beat me to it.

Is that the coal baron that sued John Oliver, or was that a different asshole?

There is no reaching some people.

https://www.salon.com/2018/01/31/jim...ere-heartless/

The segment was titled "MAGA vs. DACA." Kimmel then briefly interviewed a handful of conservatives of various ethnicities and genders who were all against DACA. Each gave various reasons why DACA should not be renewed: Dreamers are here illegally, period; as adults they should have sought a legal path to citizenship; they should take their "skill sets" to their own countries (countries they've never known); America shouldn't be responsible for their parents' mistakes

The anti-DACA interviewees then met Esmeralda, who was brought to the U.S. when she was two from Mexico City and is a DACA recipient, along with her young daughter Rose. Kimmel asked her a series of questions, the answers to which dispelled the usual myths about immigrants: Esmeralda has a job, pays taxes, has a Social Security card, is working to become a nurse and contributes to society.
    Kimmel then turned the question back to the conservatives: Knowing all this, should Esmeralda be sent back to Mexico? Half of the conservatives in the room eagerly confirmed that they felt she should.
    Kimmel then brought in Esmeralda's fiancé, Michael, an American-born conservative, who works at a maximum-security prison and is a soldier in the U.S. military. Kimmel revealed that Michael will be deployed soon, making the tentative status of DACA all the more pressing for their family and daughter Rose.
    Did this make any difference, Kimmel wanted to know. It didn't, really. Get an immigration attorney, one person suggested (they have one). Go back to Mexico and apply for a green card. (They've looked into it, it could take up to 10 years, if successful at all).

One woman conservative said, regardless of her anti-DACA stance, "we live in a loving, compassionate, exceptional country." Kimmel disagreed. "I think this country has become cruel," he said. "Where is your compassion?"
    This woman eventually admitted that she would make an exception for this particular family. The others didn't falter, which must make one wonder how many people support policies that affect people they never have to interact with. It's certainly easier to back discriminatory, cruel policies that tear families apart without ever having to witness the repercussions.

If Kimmel thinks America has "Become" cruel, somebody better make sure he never finds out about reservations.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The only problem is ...Manchin is beloved in WV. If he walked down the street , people would follow him. A number have told him to run for President and to his credit ...Manchin did reject Trump's attempt at conning him into becoming Energy Secretary. The con was , Joe would take the job and Justice would give his spot to a Republican. Manchin was smart enough to see through that and turned it down.

Manchin is like a Republican/Democrat really. He will speak for coal which the state sadly loves. Capito however will be lucky to survive. She seriously fucked herself over by 1st turning down the new healthcare repeal and proclaiming to WV folks how she stood up for them. Then 2-3 days later after meeting Trump kissed his ass like no tomorrow and voted for it. People literally went to her FB page and described how they would vote her ass out lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The only problem is ...Manchin is beloved in WV. If he walked down the street , people would follow him. A number have told him to run for President and to his credit ...Manchin did reject Trump's attempt at conning him into becoming Energy Secretary. The con was , Joe would take the job and Justice would give his spot to a Republican. Manchin was smart enough to see through that and turned it down.

Manchin is like a Republican/Democrat really. He will speak for coal which the state sadly loves. Capito however will be lucky to survive. She seriously fucked herself over by 1st turning down the new healthcare repeal and proclaiming to WV folks how she stood up for them. Then 2-3 days later after meeting Trump kissed his ass like no tomorrow and voted for it. People literally went to her FB page and described how they would vote her ass out lol.
    Honestly, this is why I think there is absolutely no downside to running Swearengin in a primary.

It is a test case where you are running "What Could Be..." against someone that is seemingly pretty popular in their state. If she should lose, you will at least have some "This Is Where We Stand" data. If she wins, the Republican won't be going up against what essentially a "Republican Lite" candidate who didn't have enough support to beat her in the primary.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 02-02-2018 at 01:28 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly, this is why I think there is absolutely no downside to running Swearengin in a primary.

It is a test case where you are running "What Could Be..." against someone that is seemingly pretty popular in their state. If she should lose, you will at least have some "This Is Where We Stand" data. If she wins, the Republican won't be going up against what essentially a "Republican Lite" candidate who didn't have enough support to beat her in the primary.

In retrospect , its more comical what Trump and Pence did here . Yes Manchin does not approve of your shitty tax bill and neither does a majority of the country. But with Manchin you have your IN for the state essentially. A man who can run your coal agenda in the state and will discuss you in good terms as we saw . But here is how stupid this is...they won't get anyone better than Manchin really. Don Blankenship had folks die in his coal mines and if he goes against Manchin , he's fucked. Beloved guy who supports coal vs coal owner who is a piece of shit and had folks die.

The alternative could be Swearengin and she could be the anti-Manchin and if she wins ...he's done fucked that completely. I mean I'm not against anyone running opposing Manchin for sure. But man alive did Pence not give a serious thought on what he did in that speech. It alienated WV people a lot who like Manchin and feel he's taking up good for the state. If Manchin in 2020 decides to throw caution to the wind and support the Democrat running for President as I expect ...they deserve that shit.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The alternative could be Swearengin and she could be the anti-Manchin and if she wins ...he's done fucked that completely. I mean I'm not against anyone running opposing Manchin for sure. But man alive did Pence not give a serious thought on what he did in that speech. It alienated WV people a lot who like Manchin and feel he's taking up good for the state. If Manchin in 2020 decides to throw caution to the wind and support the Democrat running for President as I expect ...they deserve that shit.
    Seems like he said the only thing he could say. There's no good way to make a "What We Are Doing Doesn't Make Much Sense." move. They might just be thinking in terms of trying to hang on to whatever they can manage to hang onto in Congress.