Christopher Wray = Republican

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    All Republicans are anti-Putin
    Ha hah.
    You seem nice.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Exactly how was this man LESS IMPORTANT than an immigrant who didn't come here through the proper channels?

I'll tell you how. The Democrats look at an undocumented immigrant and see someone who will probably vote Democratic. If they saw someone who would probably vote Republican, they'd behave much differently.
    Maybe they’d vote Democrat because they’d be treated like people instead of villanaous scum by Republicans.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mighty Member

Today did not disappoint in this thread.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Today did not disappoint in this thread.
    I think we'll do well in the ratings.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Decoder ring: When I post "you seem nice" I am thinking of something completely different.
    Reminder, in case anyone missed it.

Dow plummets more than 670 points, capping worst week in 2 years
    Friday marked the first time since June 2016 that the Dow fell at least 500 points.
    The major indexes posted their worst weekly performance in two years.
    The benchmark 10-year yield rose to 2.85 percent.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/02/us-f...ng-yields.html

Get ready for the Trump Recession!

Larry Nassar almost attacked:
    The father of three girls who say they were molested by gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar "lost control" during a sentencing hearing Friday, charged at the defendant and was wrestled to the flood by sheriff's deputies.

"Let me have that son of a bitch," the father, Randall Margraves, shouted after he lunged at the table where Nassar was sitting. "Give me one minute with that bastard!"

Margraves, 58, later apologized for the outburst, and the judge let him go without any punishment or charges.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...earing-n844031

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Friday marked the first time since June 2016 that the Dow fell at least 500 points.

They say the first year of a presidency is still the last president's...

Now we see a weaker dollar, a less stable stock market, slower job growth.

Inflation and what the Fed might do are a fear:
    THE QUOTE: “We’ve enjoyed low interest rates for so long, we’re having to deal with a little bit higher rates now, so the market is trying to figure out what that could mean for inflation,” said Darrell Cronk, head of the Wells Fargo Investment Institute. “The concern for the stock market is as interest rates go up so does the cost of debt service, the discount rate that you would use in factoring earnings growth for companies.”

JOBS DATA: U.S. employers added a robust 200,000 jobs in January, slightly above market expectations for a 185,000 increase. Meanwhile wages rose at the fastest pace in more than eight years, suggesting employers are competing more fiercely for workers. The figures point to an economy on strong footing even in its ninth year of expansion, fueled by global economic growth and healthy consumer spending at home.

FED IMPLICATIONS: The pickup in hourly wages, along with a recent uptick in inflation, may make it more likely the Federal Reserve will raise short-term interest rates more quickly in the coming months. Some economists were predicting Friday that the Fed will raise its benchmark rate four times this year, rather than the three times most previously expected.

“With financial conditions continuing to ease and core price inflation also starting to pick up, we expect this will persuade the Fed to hike rates four times this year,” Andrew Hunter, an economist with Capital Economics, wrote in a published note Friday.
    http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...ergy-companies

Technology and energy stocks accounted for much of the broad slide as several major companies, including Exxon Mobil and Alphabet, Google's parent company, sank after reporting weak earnings.
    http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...202-story.html
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-02-2018 at 02:25 PM.

I took my investments off the table last March because of Trump. I missed out on some nice gains in those 11 months, but it's hard to find the precise moment to take your money and run in the stock market. The sum had more than doubled under Obama, so thanks Obama. I got a new kitchen and a new sofa from the money and still have some in my savings account until we get a Democratic president again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

3rd largest single day point decline in Dow Jones history.
    Not even trending on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    You trashed other Republicans a few posts before because they're anti-Putin.
    Putin is awesome! (well, this once he was... )

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-9944869.html

What's interesting about the Dow slide is the strong jobs report. But then I read of poor earnings from some big tech and energy companies. So it could be a mix of poor earnings and trying to price in a possible fed increase in response to strong jobs and better wages.

Memo described as Amateurish and fails to do what it was intended to do.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.