Mighty Member

I don't trust the stock market. I'm suspicious of my 401k too. I feel like it's just some rich guy trying to take my money. Kinda like Trump.

But society says I'm irresponsible as an adult if I don't have one.

What if 401k turns out to be the name of some faceless cult and we are all just contributing to its coffer. And anytime the balance dips, it's nothing to do with the market but them appropriating the funds for whatever weird **** shadow cults do...something to chew on.

It's memo day, anything is possible.

"As I have said repeatedly, I also remain 100 percent confident in Special Counsel Robert Mueller. The contents of this memo do not - in any way - discredit his investigation." -- Trey Gowdy

Uh oh ... the Trump Recession and the Burning of the GOP are going to happen at the same time, eh?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Gowdy strikes a balance: "While this memo raises serious concerns with the FISA process, I have been and remain confident in the overwhelming majority of the men and women serving at the FBI and DOJ."

Trump doesn't blame any DOJ rank and file.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/02/trey-gowdy-fisa-memo/
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Putin is awesome! (well, this once he was... )

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-9944869.html
    Considering alcoholism is such a scourge in Russia that life expectancy for men in some regions there is close to that in Somalia... yeah. Cynical move.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Gowdy strikes a balance: "While this memo raises serious concerns with the FISA process, I have been and remain confident in the overwhelming majority of the men and women serving at the FBI and DOJ."

Trump doesn't blame any DOJ rank and file.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/02/trey-gowdy-fisa-memo/
    Which begs the irony that everyone else who aren't Rank and File were appointed by him. So, either he is a horrible employer or everyone is out to get him, EVERYONE!
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Which begs the irony that everyone else who aren't Rank and File were appointed by him. So, either he is a horrible employer or everyone is out to get him, EVERYONE!
    Not everyone. Things started in the election cycle under the Obama DOJ. Some folks did carry over, not all due to appointment specifically.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-02-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

I felt nothing for Nassar when that happened. As a human being, when you do that to a single person, let alone over 150? You're "Human" card is revoked, and citizenship is denied.

Wish he would have gotten at least close enough to scare the **** out of Nassar face to face. I don't condone violence against another human except in defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Wish he would have gotten at least close enough to scare the **** out of Nassar face to face.
    Yea, Nassar...my sis did gymnastics for many years, so it hit home.
    Here you go...he got this close, he got a hold of him very briefly, he scared him:
    https://video-images.vice.com/articl...ar-attack.jpeg
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-02-2018 at 03:44 PM.

How many days till they move Nassar to solitary? He might die in gen pop or limited.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

What's interesting about the Dow slide is the strong jobs report. But then I read of poor earnings from some big tech and energy companies. So it could be a mix of poor earnings and trying to price in a possible fed increase in response to strong jobs and better wages.
    If Trump is going to take credit for the Dow's rise, then he gets the blame for this fall.
    Can't have it both ways.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Not everyone. Things started in the election cycle under the Obama DOJ. Some folks did carry over, not all due to appointment specifically.
    Hold up there a minute.

Carter Page, who was being investigated since 2013, got FISA warrant extended 3, that's right THREE times. So is he a Russian expert, double-agent, or what? At any rate, it has NOTHING to do with Christopher Steele or Obama. 2013. 2013. That's 2 years before 45 decided to run for POTUS.

You also got some guy named Michael Flynn who was surveilled since 2006 and was looked at under Obama as a bad actor. Whoever that is ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-02-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Just saw the Dow Jones industrial average fell 666 points.

How appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Just saw the Dow Jones industrial average fell 666 points.

How appropriate.
    I'm pretty sure the stock market is calculated using dark magics anyway.

http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/engli...al/830615.html

Indeed, White House National Security Council senior director for Asian affairs Matthew Pottinger was reported as saying in a recent closed-door meeting with US experts on Korean Peninsula issues that a limited strike on the North “might help in the midterm elections.”

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Okay... I just saw a YouTube ad promoting pipelines and saying how they're good for the country, sponsord by API. Well... I assume something is going on right now that API wants to do this type of promotion, right?

Meanwhile, Arizona House just expelled Republican Representative Don Shooter after it was reported about his sexual allegations and there's a pattern to them. Also, they took his gun as well. You may remember this guy for doing a mike drop for reasons.