Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Not worth it! Just go see the movie, hope it's great, and go see it again. I've already spent 75 dollars on Black Panther. Me and a shorty, me and my daughter, me and some homies, and me by myself. I've got four seats paid for just for myself lol.

Just help it smash records, fuck those guys.

In other shitty American news.

This is why I go after Christianity in America. It's people like this that speak for the "Good" ones. These are the people that Trump had help him into office. The people that think The Second coming is around the corner and we'd all better bow our heads or go and burn in hell for Eternity.

We gotta outvote these people. We have to confine them to the dustbins, but not hide them. We need to know they exist and struggle to keep their nonsense in check.
    Any so called Christian who talks about 'blood rights' needs to go back and re-read the Bible. I recall something about how everybody is descended from the same two people - meaning that if anyone has a birthright - everyone does.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Some of you might want to go here and engage these folks in debate. WARNING: Some of the language is pretty rough.

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/marvel...-market.37538/
    Or we can not encourage Forum Wars instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Right. Like you can't enjoy Wonder Woman one week and Logan the next? Brand loyalty in comic books has always been an absurd notion.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I have never understood the concept myself and have felt that way for 40+ years. At least when I heard these debates for the very first time back then, I was still in elementary school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I was a total Marvel Zombie, but I didn't dislike DC, just found their titles less interesting. As DC adopted the Marvel concept of continuity, I started buying more DCs.

Most readers i have known bought from both. It really is a silly fight.
    As far as this particular corner of things...

Setting aside whatever the actual stupidity is in this particular instance, how often are Marvel/DC films even really close film versions of anything from the comics folks are getting fussy about?

BANNED

I'm reading that as Trump wanting new, smaller nukes he would actually get to use.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Not worth it! Just go see the movie, hope it's great, and go see it again. I've already spent 75 dollars on Black Panther. Me and a shorty, me and my daughter, me and some homies, and me by myself. I've got four seats paid for just for myself lol.

Just help it smash records, fuck those guys.

In other shitty American news.

This is why I go after Christianity in America. It's people like this that speak for the "Good" ones. These are the people that Trump had help him into office. The people that think The Second coming is around the corner and we'd all better bow our heads or go and burn in hell for Eternity.

We gotta outvote these people. We have to confine them to the dustbins, but not hide them. We need to know they exist and struggle to keep their nonsense in check.
    The only reason bible thumpers, holy rollers and fundamentalist fuckwads voted for Dolt45, despite his being a complete and total scumbag was because he promised to kill Roe v. Wade if elected. Their devotion to Pumpkin Pinochet is even more troubling because they believe the old invisible sky rider is vouching for him, and that’s dangerous.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mighty Member

Exactly how was this man LESS IMPORTANT than an immigrant who didn't come here through the proper channels?

I'll tell you how. The Democrats look at an undocumented immigrant and see someone who will probably vote Democratic. If they saw someone who would probably vote Republican, they'd behave much differently.
    I trust you are aware that the Democratic Party is the faction driving Health Care Reform as well as opposing Nativist Panics. It is not an either/or thing.

Mighty Member

A generation or so ago, people were raking Bill Clinton over the coals about hints that he was doing low-key versions of what Trump does. Why are they hailing the latter as a hero?

Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    A generation or so ago, people were raking Bill Clinton over the coals about hints that he was doing low-key versions of what Trump does. Why are they hailing the latter as a hero?
    Shoe/Other Foot.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    'Marvel versus DC' is the figleaf they're using to cover the blatant racism and to recruit useful idiots who actually buy it. Much like Gamergate did with "ethics in gamer journalism". It's essentially the same playbook.
    Exactly, if it was just a DC vs Marvel thing why aren't they targeting Thor or Dr Strange? Why aren't they going after the Ant Man sequel? They're going after BP and the Star Wars movie that has the most girls and minorities in it.
    Last edited by ed2962; 02-03-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In comical stupid Republican news of the day and to piss off more over the new tax plan the Republicans did , Paul Ryan tweeted how a woman now in PA as a teacher has an extra $1.50 a week she earns and can afford her Costco membership. To say that flew over well was insane. Ryan removed the tweet but everyone screen capped it and will likely be used in the mid-term elections for Democrats now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Invincible Member

Some of you might want to go here and engage these folks in debate. WARNING: Some of the language is pretty rough.

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/marvel...-market.37538/
    These folks for whatever reason choose to ignore the straight white male titles like Black Knight, Foolkiller, Hyperion etc that Marvel cancelled as well. Does this mean that the free market doesn't support white dudes?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Exactly, if it was just a DC vs Marvel thing why aren't they targeting Thor or Dr Strange? Why aren't they going after the Ant Man sequel? They're going after BP and the Star Wars mobie that has the most girls and minorities in it.
    And you know these same types will try to pull this crap again with Captain Marvel. And if that Black Widow film ever gets made, they'll pull it again there too. And if WB/DC actually do make that Cyborg movie, these same people will attack that one too.

Their heads would probably explode if Marvel ever makes a Storm movie.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Any so called Christian who talks about 'blood rights' needs to go back and re-read the Bible. I recall something about how everybody is descended from the same two people - meaning that if anyone has a birthright - everyone does.
    "Blood Rights" sounds like a cool title for an Image comic. I should start working on pitch...

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    And you know these same types will try to pull this crap again with Captain Marvel. And if that Black Widow film ever gets made, they'll pull it again there too. And if WB/DC actually do make that Cyborg movie, these same people will attack that one too.

Their heads would probably explode if Marvel ever makes a Storm movie.
    They have made Black Widow movies...the first one was called "Salt" then the sequel was called "Atomic Blonde" and the next one will be "Red Sparrow"

But yeah, more seriously I'm waiting these guys to shit their pants when the Carol Danvers movie comes out.

The fussing that has been going on in regards to "FISA Warrant"/"Due Process" has been good for a laugh. Somebody needs to make up their collective mind.