Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I want to step even farther back and look at what the Republican argument with the memo is. They are saying that because an investigation was partially funded by Democrats then nothing turned up in the investigation can be used against a Republican, that the information in inherently faulty because it was a Democrat that said it. What that is is nothing short of accusing Democrats of forging evidence to trick the courts into going after political opponents. What the actual f*ck kind of argument is that even supposed to be?!
    The kind you make when you are all out of arguments. Think "The dog ate my homework.", but the "Argument" version.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It's the "Grasping At Straws" argument, my friend. Like I've been saying, Republicans will say and do ANYTHING to protect Trump, the memo is just part of their game plan to keep Cheeto Jesus in office.
    Exactly.

It's getting to where Win/Lose/Draw they would be much better off just letting this play itself out.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I want to step even farther back and look at what the Republican argument with the memo is. They are saying that because an investigation was partially funded by Democrats then nothing turned up in the investigation can be used against a Republican, that the information in inherently faulty because it was a Democrat that said it. What that is is nothing short of accusing Democrats of forging evidence to trick the courts into going after political opponents. What the actual f*ck kind of argument is that even supposed to be?!
    Especially they had not problem with the FBI using the propaganda film "Clinton Cash" as one of the sources for their Hillary investigation.
    Last edited by PaulBullion; 02-04-2018 at 04:07 AM.

Sidebar - This Jeanine Pirro lady really needs to be playing some sort of "Wicked Mother-In-Law" character on a telenovela somewhere. Whatever else she is doing is a complete waste of her actual talents.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Sidebar - This Jeanine Pirro lady really needs to be playing some sort of "Wicked Mother-In-Law" character on a telenovela somewhere. Whatever else she is doing is a complete waste of her actual talents.
    That harpy has talents? Coulda fooled me. Last I heard, Pirro was literally stalking Hillary Clinton. Creepy as hell.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That harpy has talents? Coulda fooled me. Last I heard, Pirro was literally stalking Hillary Clinton. Creepy as hell.
    Plug her into this scene. It's potentially solid gold.

I have been keeping pace of Jeanne Ives for some time. She's getting a profile before November, to be sure.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Bad Amtrak crash in Lexington County. At least 2 dead.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Bad Amtrak crash in Lexington County. At least 2 dead.
    Sigh ... all of us being forced to waste time on the GOP and Trump insanity, wasting money on tax cuts for the wealthy and a gigantic boondoggle wall, when time and money could be spent on dealing with real issues, like making public transportation safer, without sending out Debt into the stratosphere.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The GOP could lose 40 House seats this November

Odds are very good that the Democrats can pick up at least 12 seats, odds are nearly as good that they can get the 24 seats needed to regain control, and within the realm of possibility the Dems could even pick up some 40 seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Sigh ... all of us being forced to waste time on the GOP and Trump insanity, wasting money on tax cuts for the wealthy and a gigantic boondoggle wall, when time and money could be spent on dealing with real issues, like making public transportation safer, without sending out Debt into the stratosphere.
    The national debt is one of those cases where we can claim both sides are just as bad as the other. Any surplus (if we ever see one again) will either go to new programs (if Dems are in charge) or to more tax cuts (if Repubs are in charge).

Note - just because I made that claim about one issue does not mean I think it's true for anything else, much less everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The GOP could lose 40 House seats this November

Odds are very good that the Democrats can pick up at least 12 seats, odds are nearly as good that they can get the 24 seats needed to regain control, and within the realm of possibility the Dems could even pick up some 40 seats.
    The Senate is harder just because of how the map looks this year. It's mostly Dems trying to defend seats with very dew Repubs doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The Senate is harder just because of how the map looks this year. It's mostly Dems trying to defend seats with very dew Repubs doing so.
    Still, the Dems are only 1 seat away from a 50-50 split in the Senate, 2 seats away from control. If the Dems can hang on, eventually they may get a chance at those seats.

The national debt is one of those cases where we can claim both sides are just as bad as the other. Any surplus (if we ever see one again) will either go to new programs (if Dems are in charge) or to more tax cuts (if Repubs are in charge).

Note - just because I made that claim about one issue does not mean I think it's true for anything else, much less everything else.
    It's still not the same.
    If those Democratic "programs give more money to those who don't have enough, it's going to get spent. Spent on products that have to be made, stored, shipped, sold. Creating employment.

The Kochs and Mercers are already spending as much as they'll spend.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

This is simply not true. The economic impact of Keynsian spending is very different than that od tax cuts, especially when they are targeted to the wealthy. And who was it that took the Clinton surplus and spent it on tax cuts for the rich and two wars?
    And one of the big reasons Obama continued to have a deficit after his intitial spending to save the goddamn economy, was the GOP's refusal to let the Bush tax cuts expire.
    Both sides are not the same at all.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!