"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Hey WBE! Remember Art Jones? You profiled him last year and you ended your post with this:

In 2012, Art Jones finished third in the GOP Primary with 11% of the vote, which is far more than you’d hope a Neo-Nazi Holocaust denier would ever get. Come the 2018 mid-terms, he’ll be 70 years old, so hopefully he won’t be sneaking into office before he shuffles off the mortal coil. Still, when the false equivalency that “both parties are just as bad” emerges, the fact that the GOP have run a Holocaust denier for Congress should make it pretty clear how ridiculous such an attempt at equating the two parties is.

WELL F**KING GUESS WHAT?! He's set to take the GOP Primary spot in the 3rd Congressional District of Illinois, because no Republican is running in it.

Arthur Jones — an outspoken Holocaust denier, activist anti-Semite and white supremacist — is poised to become the Republican nominee for an Illinois congressional seat representing parts of Chicago and nearby suburbs.

“Well first of all, I’m running for Congress not the chancellor of Germany. All right. To me the Holocaust is what I said it is: It’s an international extortion racket,” Jones told the Chicago Sun-Times.

Indeed, Jones’ website for his latest congressional run includes a section titled “The ‘Holocaust Racket’” where he calls the genocide carried out by the German Nazi regime and collaborators in other nations “the biggest blackest lie in history.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Vox covers it.

I'll note that I'm not opposed to the FBI investigation, but one argument would be that the process requires some corroboration in the beginning, and it would be fishy if it started with one potentially biased source.

My theory on Republican opposition is that the Russia stuff isn't too bad, but Republican leaders figure there's shadiness in the background of a major figure in the 1980s and 1990s real estate market that could get out with an expansive investigation, in addition for the potential for Trump to commit perjury when under oath.
    There are a couple of problems with that argument. One is that Nunes himself admits that it was started thanks to George Papadopoulos in the Vox story you brought up, with this pic displayed

The other is that several of those involved have been investigated for Russian-linked money laundering and other hinkey stuff since 2013 or earlier in some cases, not to mention stuff like Page's public "I advise Russia" statement revealed earlier this week.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Democrats on Friday took Catherine Templeton to task for telling a crowd at Bob Jones University that her relatives fought on behalf of the Confederacy not to protect slavery but because “the federal government was trying to tell us how to live.”
    “We didn’t need them to tell us how to live way back then, and we don’t need them to tell us how to live today,” Templeton told the crowd of mostly students.
    https://apnews.com/c2621852a58c484e97a70ea09fb63261

More Confederate apologism! Woo!
    The biggest problem with this line of reasoning? They should have been up in arms a decade earlier over the Fugitive Slave Act... but that came about when the Federal Government was bending over backwards for the Lords of Dixie so I imagine it does not count.

The planet could hit 1.5 °C of warming inside the next five years
    Forecasts suggest that by 2022 there's an outside chance we'll experience temperatures that exceed a target of the Paris climate agreement.

https://www.technologyreview.com/the...xt-five-years/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Forecasts suggest that by 2022 there's an outside chance we'll experience temperatures that exceed a target of the Paris climate agreement.

liberal fear mongering

/s
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 02-04-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Cute, I see what they did there - "proudly stand"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Ummmmm.... okay?

I’d say the chances of Donnie Doughboy having actually penned that release were slim and none.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    But, but... both sides are just as...

No, no they're not.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    liberal fear mongering

/s
    Are we being sarcastic, or ignorant?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Are we being sarcastic, or ignorant?
    The "/s" implies sarcasm.

The "/s" implies sarcasm.
    Thanks, that's a new one for me.

Well played Vegan.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The GOP could lose 40 House seats this November

Odds are very good that the Democrats can pick up at least 12 seats, odds are nearly as good that they can get the 24 seats needed to regain control, and within the realm of possibility the Dems could even pick up some 40 seats.
    I won't be upset in the least about that.

BANNED

Liberal Fear Mongering or

Chinese Conspiracy

Or actual Science from the MAJORITY of the Worlds best minds and Science?

Make up your minds Conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Liberal Fear Mongering or

Chinese Conspiracy

Or actual Science from the MAJORITY of the Worlds best minds and Science?

Make up your minds Conservatives.
    4 of the 5 voices in their heads agree that it's a hoax.
    The other voice is a dirty liberal communist.