Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    And don't forget the non-stop media coverage that Trump got both during the primaries and the campaign for the presidency. Every time he held one of his rallies, the cameras covered the entire thing..at least Fox and CNN did. Hillary didn't get that kind of coverage. In that respect Trump out-maneuvered her by getting his face out there frequently. He entertained the mob and he won Rome.
    Plus she obviously needed 5 million more votes to overcome, voter suppression, the media, Russia and Comey.
    I will never stop reminding people that the majority of the American public did not vote for Trump
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    And don't forget the non-stop media coverage that Trump got both during the primaries and the campaign for the presidency. Every time he held one of his rallies, the cameras covered the entire thing..at least Fox and CNN did. Hillary didn't get that kind of coverage. In that respect Trump out-maneuvered her by getting his face out there frequently. He entertained the mob and he won Rome.
    Trump is still going to get that media coverage next election cycle and if we are being perfectly honest, Hillary Clinton has been in the center of mainstream political media coverage for at least 25 years. She's the one candidate that should have been immune to that. In 2020 I don't see the media rushing to cover Harris or Gillibrand who less people are familiar with anymore than they did with Clinton.

BANNED

Maxine Waters just slapped Mnuchin (sp?) around over the Russia sanctions

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Trump is still going to get that media coverage next election cycle and if we are being perfectly honest, Hillary Clinton has been in the center of mainstream political media coverage for at least 25 years. She's the one candidate that should have been immune to that. In 2020 I don't see the media rushing to cover Harris or Gillibrand who less people are familiar with anymore than they did with Clinton.
    One thing here...

To her credit, Trump didn't have a Sanders making his flaws apparent to anyone watching.

All of the coverage in the world won't help you when you have that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One thing here...

To her credit, Trump didn't have a Sanders making his flaws apparent to anyone watching.

And he will have four years of actual presidency to defend...hard to believe there won’t be at least some massive cock-ups to blot his record.

And it would almost be a surprise if his health holds up...I’m glad I’m not his insurer.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    And he will have four years of actual presidency to defend...hard to believe there won’t be at least some massive cock-ups to blot his record.

And it would almost be a surprise if his health holds up...I’m glad I’m not his insurer.
    Are you trying to say he hasn't had any yet!?

Just teasing you.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One thing here...

You seem... nice.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    https://www.salon.com/2018/02/06/how...-our-politics/

You can try about 'geographic sorting' as the 'real reason' for GOP dominance at the district level, but it's always been BS. The current 'more votes for Dems = more seats for Republicans' is a product of a deliberate strategy.
    That is some diaboloical planning on the part of the GOP. Truly evil genius thinking.
    What were the Dems doing at the time all of this was going down? Trying to save the world economy from the implosion created by the previous administration.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Are you trying to say he hasn't had any yet!?

Just teasing you.
    Lol.

I suspect his best chance is to employ the “Uncle Ronnie” strategy..do as little as possible himself, and hope good things happen anyway. But there’s little reason to believe that strategy will occur to him.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    It's 2018. The world revolves around Trump.
    I think of it more as circling the drain that is Trump.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Do you think the country is more hateful and racist than it was 10 years ago? What do you think caused people to go from electing Obama to voting for someone who is trying to keep minorities down?
    I think it was the constant negative drumming from Fox News, Limbaugh, Hannity and their ilk. Constantly telling people that they shouldn't be happy and keeping the fear of Muslims and Mexicans alive with dog whistles and outright misimformation.
    It amped up at the beginning of the Obama administration and by 2010 it resulted in the Tea Party Wave. They cranked it up to 11 in 2012 and the result is Trump as President.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post

I don't think Republicans are going to abandon him personally. Especially if they take a beating in the midterms. It will freak them out to lose total control of the government. And I don't know if the Democrats have someone who has Hillary's name recognition or Obama's charisma and skills as a candidate who can ALSO bridge the gap between both wings of the party. Like Sanders has name recognition and is popular, but I think the moderate side has a hate boner against him and will undercut him and allow Trump to win. And I think someone like Booker will have a similar issue with progressives.

Warren maybe?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I don't think Republicans are going to abandon him personally. Especially if they take a beating in the midterms. It will freak them out to lose total control of the government. And I don't know if the Democrats have someone who has Hillary's name recognition or Obama's charisma and skills as a candidate who can ALSO bridge the gap between both wings of the party. Like Sanders has name recognition and is popular, but I think the moderate side has a hate boner against him and will undercut him and allow Trump to win. And I think someone like Booker will have a similar issue with progressives.

Warren maybe?
    Julian Castro

id back him in a heartbeat

Mighty Member

Nah, we just fucked all around.