Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Black atty Peter Kirsanow, appointed to the U.S. Comm on Civil Rights by GW Bush, then also to the NLRB in 2006:
    Black attorney and member of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights Peter Kirsanow, serves as one of the lone voices of reason, repeatedly outlining the harm amnesty will cause black Americans. In a 2013 letter to the Congressional Black Caucus, he wrote: “The obvious question is whether there are sufficient jobs in the low-skilled labor market for both African-Americans and illegal immigrants. The answer is no.” Kirsanow’s statistics demonstrate the way in which immigration impacts the wages and employment opportunities of black males and hurts the black community.
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...esty-j-delgado

In March 2016, Kirsanow testified before the Senate Subcommittee on Immigration and said that undocumented immigration has a disproportionately negative impact on the wages of black Americans.

“Illegal immigration has a disparate impact on African-American men because these men are disproportionately represented in the low-skilled labor force,” he said. “…People often say, ‘Well, illegal immigrants are taking jobs that Americans do not want to do. No one wants to be a hewer of wood or a drawer of water.’ The problem is that there are thousands of Americans, and always will be thousands of Americans, who find that those jobs are the only ones for which they are qualified. How can you better yourself if you cannot even get on the first rung of the employment ladder and find yourself essentially shut out of certain industries?”
    https://heavy.com/news/2017/02/peter...lations-board/

Maybe we know why Obama enforced immigration so much.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    They were more racist with Hillary Clinton on the ballot than Obama?
    McCain defended Obama as a "good man" when that confused woman called him an "Ay-rab."

Why would racists turn out en masse for McCain?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    So fashionable that Black Panther is on the cover of Time?
    Remember that the Time with Trump on the fawning cover was actually a mock up he created to put up at his hotels.

Because your hero is a sad, small, pathetic man.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Hicks has quite a love life...I think she dated Lewandowski, Miller (I thought was rumor/gossip at one point for at least a fling (?)), and Porter.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    This girl is getting passed around like a NYC subway token.
    Wow... I've never heard this bit of gossip before. She's like the WH bicycle and everyone is getting a ride. Now I wonder if this who Trump's rumored affair is with from the Fire and Fury book .

I really don't know where I heard that she at least had a something with Miller, but I know I heard it somewhere. Google isn't finding anything on that so far for me. It's probably really not supported enough except by the thinnest gossip.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

so Im having a conversation with some people about college debt and all that

I for one, do NOT agree with outright debt forgiveness, I think its not a snap your fingers easy fix that everyone thinks it is

I think the previous "public service" federal program for that was kind of a joke

I dont know what the answer is, but wiping away debt is not it

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I dont know what the answer is, but wiping away debt is not it
    Yes, I really wish I could honestly say it is the answer, but it is not. And we have some maybe reasonable programs in that direction for certain areas and types of students and types of more grad-level debt:
    https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/loan...n-forgiveness/
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-09-2018 at 01:32 PM.

Ultimate Member

Black atty Peter Kirsanow, appointed to the U.S. Comm on Civil Rights by GW Bush, then also to the NLRB in 2006:

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...esty-j-delgado

https://heavy.com/news/2017/02/peter...lations-board/

Maybe we know why Obama enforced immigration so much.
    Obama enforced immigration because it was the law.

Meanwhile, he tried to push for immigration reform -- and a path to citizenship -- while in office, but Republicans wouldn't let him.

And they still won't address the issue in a humane manner -- meanwhile their presidential representative openly calls Mexicans drug dealers and rapists while people like you try to deflect from the obvious.

Keep digging that hole, batfan.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    And they still won't address the issue.
    Speaker of the House Paul Ryan is optimistic about passing the budget deal announced by the Senate, and he also believes that the House can come to a bipartisan agreement on immigration. He told radio host Hugh Hewitt, "I think we will get this done. I feel good about it," and later Thursday morning he weighed in on immigration.

"I am confident that we can bring a bipartisan solution to the floor that can get signed into law and solve this problem," Ryan said during his weekly news conference. "We want a DACA solution, we want an immigration solution. I am confident we can get there."
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-s...e-live-stream/

Astonishing Member

Look there's disturbing "shocking" things coming from that white house all the time. But, I just do not see how trump can STILL just make the comment about Porter being a good dude and wishing him well and not even saying a word about these women.

Nothing at all after hearing and seeing them tell their stories? I saw the second wife on Anderson last night and her saying Hope is basically going to get popped in the mouth too because the guy hasn't changed was chilling. It isn't even just he said she said. There were restraining orders. There are pictures of abuse. The guy couldn't pass security clearance ffs. And they KNEW.

It just shows they just fundamentally are not good people. Porter would still have a job if there wasn't a picture. How can any of them claim to be advocates for women with this type of nonsense going on?

He feels more sympathy for a wife beating *******, than athletes who want to peacefully protest police brutality. They were called sons of bitches just for taking a knee. He said they should be fired. But, this guy who beats his wife, who drags the other out of the shower to keep fighting and yelling at her....wish him well?
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 02-09-2018 at 01:40 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Pitting immigrants against citizens. Especially the not so covert idea that immigrants take black people's jobs. Beautifully demonstrating the kind of divisive racial politics Trump and the GOP enjoy.

That you don't see this as racist is a big part of your problem.
    Classic divide and conquer.

Just like trying to pit African-Americans and Asian-Americans against one another on the issue of Affirmative Action, when white women are it's largest beneficiaries.

If more African-Americans had access to affordable and decent schools and colleges, then they wouldn't even need the low-skill jobs to begin with.

------
    "Black college leaders say Trump administration hasn't made good on its promises to HBCUs"

"In the early days of his administration, President Donald Trump signed an executive order to strengthen the country’s more than 100 historically black colleges and universities.

“With this executive order, we will make HBCUs a priority of the White House, an absolute priority,” Trump said.

Michael Lomax was there. He’s president of the United Negro College Fund, which represents 37 HBCUs.

Since that February meeting, Lomax said: “The administration and the Department of Education, in our estimation, just have not really taken any substantive actions to demonstrate their commitment.”

The United Negro College Fund has joined the Thurgood Marshall College Fund and the Congressional HBCU Caucus in asking the administration to postpone an annual conference for HBCUs planned for next month.

Lomax said members have been frustrated that the White House has yet to name a director or board of advisers to oversee its initiative on HBCUs. Then came Charlottesville, and Trump’s comments that “many sides” were to blame for the violence.

“I think they were a tipping point,” Lomax said."

https://www.marketplace.org/2017/08/...promises-hbcus
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-09-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Ultimate Member

Ryan is all talk -- he got his tax cuts and welfare and entitlement "reform" is all he cares about at this point, before cashing out of office.

And I notice you said nothing about your man Trump calling Mexicans drug dealers and rapists.

At least Ryan had the decency to act like he cared about Trump making racist comments.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-09-2018 at 01:43 PM.

Hicks has quite a love life...I think she dated Lewandowski, Miller (I thought was rumor/gossip at one point for at least a fling (?)), and Porter.
    Maybe she just hates herself.
    French kissing Steven Miller. Ugh.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

We need to see a sci-fi book where everyday it's a day in 2016. The Year That Never Ends.

Instead of all the slut shaming, can we just criticize Hope Hicks for being part of an administration that is doing long lasting damage to the country and the world, and for clearly obstructing justice with her "the e-mails will never come out" statements?

Hillary was right!