Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Bruce Dickinson is a turd and Maiden fans just might be the worst, right on par with Batfans
    I take it you've just never know any fans of Straight Edge bands?

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Maybe Sweet Tarts just make them happy. Is life not miserable enough?
    I'm going to need to see some sort of scientific proof that establishes this as a possibility before we can even seriously discuss it.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I take it you've just never know any fans of Straight Edge bands?
    The people I've known were pretty mellow, but that's probably just the people I've known.

Back in the 80's though I've heard rumors of Boston sXers supposedly slapping drinks out of people's hands at shows.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    http://digital.vpr.net/post/sanders-...ocess#stream/0

So Bernie Sanders has a challenger for his Senate seat.
    I love Bernie but this is a good thing. NOBODY is above being primaried or challenged. This is how we get good and progressive ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Death toll up to 17 out of the 20 reported injured.
    "If only there were some way to prevent this!" says only nation where this regularly happens.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Even sadder, at least to me anyway, is that the first question that came to mind when I heard about the shooting half an hour ago was....what was the shooter’s race? And I’m sure I’m not the only one who wondered the same thing. Such as are the twisted times we live in today.
    When you know race the narrative changes.

When he's white-every excuse is tossed out and a trip to Burger King for lunch is provided.

Any other race and if he is not killed-it's every reason including blaming Obama and even the Black Panther movie.

When the bottom line is we need better gun control and better ways to deal with stuff like bullying and harassment.

We can't keep cherry picking stuff because we need it to fit some stupid narrative.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    "If only there were some way to prevent this!" says only nation where this regularly happens.
    Well what are other countries doing that we don't?

What do those schools REFUSE to up up with that we allow to happen nonstop?

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    When one of these happen, I think of this quote from a doctor working in a trauma center that appeared in the Huffpost:

“As a country,” Goldberg said, “we lost our teachable moment.” She started talking about the 2012 murder of 20 schoolchildren and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Goldberg said that if people had been shown the autopsy photos of the kids, the gun debate would have been transformed. “The fact that not a single one of those kids was able to be transported to a hospital, tells me that they were not just dead, but really really really really dead. Ten-year-old kids, riddled with bullets, dead as doornails.”

Such a terrible thing to have happened today.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I'm not anyone who can decide. I simply said I don't think candy should be allowed. Again, the guy was buying 40 fucking packages of Sweet Tarts.

Also, **** you, man, I don't think I'm better than poor people. I'm not wealthy. I grew up poor. We had food stamps. We went to the food bank. So don't talk about me like you know me, because you don't.

I just think diabetes is bad and maybe you should be required to buy actual food with your food stamps.

And for whatever it's worth to you, you're the one passing judgement on people right now, not me.
    Let's deal with actual facts.

Diabetes is bad, that much you didn't screw up. However, you have no understanding of diabetes of any type at all. Sugar, even excessive sugar does not cause diabetes. It's a myth shot down by the JDRF, the American Diabetes Association, and the Joslin Clinic. Do yourself a favor and the next time you feel like uttering the word diabetes, just SHUT THE **** UP. You'll sound like much less of a judgmental moron then.

Also worth noting is the value of Sweet Tarts as an efficient remedy for real diabetics having real hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) episodes.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RumpusMagoo View Post
    When one of these happen, I think of this quote from a doctor working in a trauma center that appeared in the Huffpost:

“As a country,” Goldberg said, “we lost our teachable moment.” She started talking about the 2012 murder of 20 schoolchildren and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Goldberg said that if people had been shown the autopsy photos of the kids, the gun debate would have been transformed. “The fact that not a single one of those kids was able to be transported to a hospital, tells me that they were not just dead, but really really really really dead. Ten-year-old kids, riddled with bullets, dead as doornails.”

Such a terrible thing to have happened today.
    In hindsight, perhaps there never was a teachable moment after Sandy Hook, not while politicians beholden to the NRA and the gun lobby would bend over backwards to prevent enactment of even moderate gun control legislation. Not while right wing lunatics and conspiracy freaks ranted that the massacre was a “false flag” and was staged in an attempt by President Obama to take everyone’s guns. Just like after Sandy Hook, Aurora, Pulse nightclub and other tragedies, politicians will do nothing more than offer meaningless “thoughts and prayers”, then sit on their hands while waiting for NRA checks to arrive.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

my gay girlfriend who lives in greece asked me to move in with her because everytime she looks at the news, another mass shooting happens here and she's scared i'm gonna get shot by some nutter with a big gun.

i didn't know what to tell her.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    my gay girlfriend who lives in greece asked me to move in with her because everytime she looks at the news, another mass shooting happens here and she's scared i'm gonna get shot by some nutter with a big gun.

i didn't know what to tell her.
    It's not the most reassuring thing you could say, but other things are much more likely to kill you.

There were 17,250 homicides in 2016, but that's a fraction of the fatalities of other major causes...

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/282929.php

35 times more people die of heart disease.
    34 times more people die of cancer.
    8 times more people die of accidents.
    7 times more people die of strokes.
    Hell, more than twice as many people die of suicide (the tenth leading cause of death in the US.)

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    who are you to say what a necessity is and isn't?
    The people providing the money can have some say in how it's spent.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Hell, more than twice as many people die of suicide (the tenth leading cause of death in the US.)
    Remind me, what are most of those performed with again? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Remind me, what are most of those performed with again? :P
    This is a point in favor of stronger gun control, but probably not something master of read's girlfriend has to worry about.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    This is a point in favor of stronger gun control, but probably not something master of read's girlfriend has to worry about.
    Just seemed like a good opportunity to make said point.