BANNED

Get 'em gone....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    It looks like some of the outlets are retracting the statement about Cruz being part of the military group.
    Only because the Leader of the militia wanted to claim he was a member, then had second thoughts. NOW the Police are really and truly investigating it to make sure either he was or wasn't.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Not gonna lie. I got a little emotional the first time I saw this image. It was just after reading about him.
    God, it hit me hard just reading and looking at that.

And here's someone else who's gutless.

n a Thursday interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer, Gov. Rick Scott (R-FL) said that he’s ready to do anything to guarantee that shootings will no longer happen in his state. However, when he was pressed on it, he caved.

“Let me phrase it another way because this is really shocking to so many of us, governor,” Blitzer said. “He wasn’t old enough to buy a beer legally in your state, you’ve got to be 21 years old. So, why is it in Florida he could buy an assault weapon at the age of 18?”

Scott said it’s something they have to “look at” and that their goal is “school safety.”

“We have to go back and look at these things and say to ourselves, ‘our primary goal is school safety,'” Scott said “And so, you know, that’s — you know, I want to make sure we don’t ever trample on anybody’s constitutional rights, but we’ve got to focus on keeping these kids safe.”

Blitzer noted that the shooter would not have been able to kill as many people with another gun, but that the Colt AR-15 enabled him to shoot several rounds without having to stop.

“We are going to figure out how this — moving forward, this never happens again,” Scott pledged. “I’m going to do everything I can to make sure this never happens again.”

Blitzer pressed Scott on that promise. Citing the shooting in Orlando at the Pulse nightclub and the Ft. Lauderdale airport, the CNN anchor asked what he actually intends to do.

“It’s not that complicated, right?” Blitzer asked. “You’ve just got to pass some new laws to make it more difficult for 18-year-olds to buy assault weapons, right?”

That’s when Scott began to backtrack.

“Wolf, we are not going — we’re going to figure out exactly what we can do, and I’m going to work through, you know, all the leaders in this state, local and state, and we’re going to figure this out,” Scott said. “I do not want this to happen again.”

After watching a grief-stricken mother screaming into CNN cameras demanding action from President Donald Trump, Scott said again that he was willing to do anything.

“You’ve got to say, we got to do everything we can to make sure this doesn’t happen,” he said. “You know, one, we are — I’ve already talked to my Senate president and speaker. I’ve asked for funding for school safety. They said they’re going to be committed to working with me to put more money into school safety in our state. we’ve got to figure these things out. We cannot — we cannot let this pass without making something happen that hopefully — it is my goal that this will never happen again in my state.”

Blitzer pressed again asking what he actually intends to do.

“I just want to pin you down on this governor, because I’ve known you for a long time,” Blitzer said. “The president of the United States spoke for about seven minutes. He didn’t mention the word ‘gun’ even once. Are you ready to commit your political team to work to tighten gun control, gun restrictions, in the state of Florida?”

“I’ll be stronger than that, Wolf,” Scott pledged. “Everything’s on the table. I’m going to look at every way that we can make sure our kids are safe.”

But Blitzer pressed him on it again.

“Even if the National Rifle Association goes after you?” he asked.

“Wolf, I’m going to do — look, I love my kids, my grandkids,” Scott said. “I know every family in the state is in the same position. We love our children. I’m going to do whatever I can do to keep these kids safe. I’m going to talk about every issue to keep these kids safe.”

“Including gun control?” Blitzer followed up.

“Wolf, I’m going to do — it’s a lot of things,” Scott said, beginning to find other things to blame for the shooting. “It’s looking at, you know, who should have guns. Should individuals with mental illness have guns. Should — what can we do to create more safety in our schools? What can we do to make it easier for our children and make them feel comfortable to report things? It’s not one thing. It’s all these things put together.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Only because the Leader of the militia wanted to claim he was a member, then had second thoughts. NOW the Police are really and truly investigating it to make sure either he was or wasn't.
    They claimed that in 4chan of all places.

I dont get it
    Those are the teachers and children that have been killed in school shootings. Aaron Feis was a football coach at Parkland and was killed after being shot protecting students with his body.
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by BaneBreaker View Post
    Those are the teachers and children that have been killed in school shootings. Aaron Feis was a football coach at Parkland and was killed after being shot protecting students with his body.
    Ah i see, now that is sad.

I dont get it
    apparently he's one of the people that died protecting students in Florida.
    EDIT: Ah, too late.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    About this...

A driver's license is state property. That is why testing comes into play. You are being tested to be allowed to have something that is not a Constitutional Right be the state that will be allowing it.

If you are talking "Testing" when it comes to being able to exercise a Constitutional Right...

- Should I have to be able to pass a test to invoke my Fifth Amendment Right?
    - Should I have to be able to pass a test in order to exercise my Right to vote?
    The second amendment includes the clause, "A well regulated militia..." I don't see how any of The Question's proposed regulations are any violation of that "well regulated" part.

That said, the reality of it all is the money. The money that politicians get from the NRA, and that the NRA gets from the gun manufacturers. The only way we will solve this is to make it more profitable to get rid of guns that it is to sell them.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The forks and spoons people make you laugh at how stupid reasoning they do for sure. But the silliest was a dude compiled his own chart and listed folks in mass shootings and claimed they supported democrats. So I questioned a couple times , "Where did the chart come from ? What site is the chart from ?" Because I wanted to research this. Instead he blasted back how I should do my own research cause its out there.
    I'm not sure I understand, the guy was saying that the shooters were democrats? Or that the victims were...like if they supported the GoP they would have been armed and could have defended themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    The second amendment includes the clause, "A well regulated militia..." I don't see how any of The Question's proposed regulations are any violation of that "well regulated" part.
    Miranda v. Arizona.

Rights become more specific things as time goes by.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    God, it hit me hard just reading and looking at that.

And here's someone else who's gutless.
    What a gutless little weasel Scott was. Fear of pissing off the NRA was literally in every word he oh, so carefully uttered. Absolutely pathetic.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

If Americans want gun control legislation in the wake of Wednesday’s mass shooting at a Florida high school, they need to vote Republicans out of office, a former GOP lawmaker said.
    “Republicans will never do anything on gun control,” former Rep. David Jolly (R-Fla.) said on CNN Wednesday.
    Jolly said Republicans refuse to enact any gun control laws, even after a member of Congress was shot at a baseball practice last year.
    “The idea of gun policy in the Republican party is to try to get a speaking slot at the NRA and prove to that constituency that you are further right than generations past on guns,” Jolly said.
    Then, he called on voters to take to the ballot box in November:
    “If this is the issue that defines your ideology as a voter, there are two things I would suggest tonight. First, flip the House. Flip the House. Republicans are not going to do a single thing after this shooting we saw today.”
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0774f31d1f615

Not words I expected from a CSGOPOTD alum. :P

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm not sure I understand, the guy was saying that the shooters were democrats? Or that the victims were...like if they supported the GoP they would have been armed and could have defended themselves?
    I believe his dumb chart he created was one where he compared the ones doing these domestic acts of terrorism and carrying out violence as supporting the Democratic party and hence us liberals are all evil.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

America Bang Bang Bang Ratta Tat Tat RIP RIP RIP RIP Cha-Ching $$$$ NRA WA DC Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Bang Bang Bang Ratta Tat Tat RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP Cha-Ching $$$$ NRA WA DC Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Bang Bang Bang Ratta Tat Tat RIP RIP RIP RIP Cha-Ching $$$$ NRA WA DC Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Bang Bang Bang Ratta Tat Tat RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP Cha-Ching $$$$ NRA WA DC Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah US

Ultimate Member

It looks like some of the outlets are retracting the statement about Cruz being part of the military group.
    Military group or not -- he's still both a racist and a deplorable.

------

"A lieutenant in the Leon County Sheriff's office in Florida, which includes Tallahassee, where ROF is based, told the local newspaper that they have not yet established any connection between Cruz and the militia.

“We are still doing some work but we have no known ties between the ROF, Jordan Jereb, or the Broward shooter,” Lt. Grady Jordan said.

Jereb, on the messaging service Gab, later backtracked on his claim hours after it made headlines across the nation, saying, "There was a legit misunderstanding because we have MULTIPLE people named Nicholas in ROF."

Cruz did, however, appear to post racist and violent messages on social media, including under a YouTube handle — his name — that was previously reported to the FBI and attracted attention from federal agents after the shooting.

Former students said that Cruz was considered an outcast, had been seen wearing patriotic T-shirts and a Trump "Make America Great Again" hat, and had made disparaging remarks about Muslims, the Daily Beast reported."