Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    im not a dog here to do tricks for you or anyone

if you don't want to answer the question, ignore it and maybe someone else will

its more of a concept than a definition - that men can or should not express emotions or if they do, it must be tied to establishing dominance or anger

also a severe lack of empathy
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    a father tells his son that 'boys dont cry', thats toxic masculinity
    All right, I apologize if that somehow offended you, it wasnt my intention.

Going back to the question, one reason for you to not see women shooting up school is because men are more likely than females to develop negative attributions of blame that are external in nature, that is: ‘The cause … of my problems is someone else or some force outside of me’. And this translates into anger and hostility toward others.”

While women are more likely to develop negative attributions of blame that are internal in nature, that is: ‘The cause of my problems is some failing of my own: I didn’t try hard enough, I’m not good enough.

You can see that in the way that a lot of murders committed by women are intimate or passional, that includes the methods, normally it doesnt involve a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I was gonna say it's one of these "red pill" things where women are to blame for everything bad in society...

There's a "problem" with boys wearing swimming trunks as underwear? This is a thing?
    Yeah, they are uncomfortables, i tried wearing a swimming trunk once when leaving the beach because i didnt have my normal underwear.
    Last edited by mojotastic; 02-17-2018 at 02:00 PM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Thanks again Jbats for
    Thank you for...not really commenting on Lamb's comments.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Thank you for...not really commenting on Lamb's comments.
    I'll gladly comment.
    At least Lamb is willing to show his face in public and discuss solutions, instead of hiding out and issuing a boilerplate 'thoughts and prayers comment."
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

BANNED

#WakandaTheVote

Electoral Justice Project founders using Black Panther crowds to register voters

https://www.theroot.com/black-panthe...ium=socialflow

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Thanks again Jbats for helping make the point that Republicans aren't interested in taking any significant steps towards actually solving the problem.
    Conservatives mocked Obama for tearing up during his speech after the Sandy Hook massacre. That's Batfans party. That's who he and Mets (Not Trump in Mets case) side with. They got the party they wanted in control. The party of no empathy.

Remember back in May when this Republican controlled government celebrated passing a bill that would take mental health care away form millions of Americans?

And now they have the fucking audacity to blame this and every other mass shooting on "mental health". GET. FUCKED.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Conservatives mocked Obama for tearing up during his speech after the Sandy Hook massacre. That's Batfans party. That's who he and Mets (Not Trump in Mets case) side with. They got the party they wanted in control. The party of no empathy.

Remember back in May when this Republican controlled government celebrated passing a bill that would take mental health care away form millions of Americans?

And now they have the fucking audacity to blame this and every other mass shooting on "mental health". GET. FUCKED.
    The only reason Republicans bring up the “mental health” at all is when the shooter isn’t black or Muslim. Otherwise, he’s a murdering thug or a bloodthirsty terrorist respectively.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The only reason Republicans bring up the “mental health” at all is when the shooter isn’t black or Muslim. Otherwise, he’s a murdering thug or a bloodthirsty terrorist respectively.
    Also because they all have a close relationship with mental health issues. If you doubt it, just read WBE's posts.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Of course it is, but there's a huge amount of hypocrisy there. Everyone but their base can see it, too.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Florida kids are basically rumbling they will soon be voting. Bad sign for Mark Rubio and Scott who have said .."Ohhh well...dude , nothing we can do...ho hum." They have literally told them how they feel. This is the future voting block and the anger will echo into 2018 and beyond.

Conservatives go quiet once the whole deal where Trump and his buddies voted away mental health for folks and revoked an Obama era law for gun checks to include mental health. They won't answer...but they will still go about liberals.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

i think "toxic masculinity" is an issue.
    but a social issue first. have a balanced society, education and opportunities, you won´t have many troubles.
    a personal pet theory of mine, that in the past, a lot societies went to war when they had a surplus of males they couldn´t offer a satisfying role.
    sure it won´t explain every war, but i think it might be a major factor

get rid of´em!

Last edited by abulafia; 02-17-2018 at 04:20 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Florida kids are basically rumbling they will soon be voting. Bad sign for Mark Rubio and Scott who have said .."Ohhh well...dude , nothing we can do...ho hum." They have literally told them how they feel. This is the future voting block and the anger will echo into 2018 and beyond.

Conservatives go quiet once the whole deal where Trump and his buddies voted away mental health for folks and revoked an Obama era law for gun checks to include mental health. They won't answer...but they will still go about liberals.
    I think the only positive of the Trump Administration is that, unless we engage in a horrible war, people have realized that they can't sit at home, and younger people who, as you mentioned, are about to be voters, are ready and pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    The ALL OR NOTHING approach to gun control has long been used by the NRA-slaves to shut down the conversation and any attempt to do anything, I'm very sad to see it being used by self-proclaimed lefties too.
    Perfect is the enemy of good.

But the 'criminals will just get them anyways' argument is stupid. It's an argument against all laws.

Why have laws against drugs? Criminals will just do them anyways.

Why have laws against stealing? Thieves will just take stuff anyways.

Why have laws against murder? Killers will just end lives anyways.

Like I said, it's a stupid argument.

Of course it is, but there's a huge amount of hypocrisy there. Everyone but their base can see it, too.
    You have to wonder what kind of damaged, unthinking or bigoted person could still support him at this point.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Bitcoin is over $11,000 now.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."