Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't know if you've been to DC or not since 9/11 but unless you're part of the white house motorcade it's pretty difficult to drive anywhere near enough to the barricade in order to lose control and hit it by accident.
    Fair enough. I haven't been to DC in decades.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If Trump issues a blanket pardon or even a specific "normal" pardon, he's committing political suicide.
    You underestimate the stupidity of the American Electorate.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    You underestimate the stupidity of the American Electorate.
    And the duplicity of the Republican led Congress which will do anything short of murder to keep Trump in power.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

So it has nothing to do with her statement: “I’d rather have my teeth pulled out without anesthesia” than live in Texas? They don't think that would hurt her chances of winning a house seat? IN TEXAS?!? Or maybe the fact that she would likely be perceived as a carpetbagger despite being born in Texas. There are quite a few things about her that make her a toxic candidate despite the fact that she seems to have ideal values for liberal voters. Ultimately, though, I don't think the DCCC should be engaging in any kind of favoritism among candidates (she should probably sue them). I can definitely see their point, though. Were it not for those pesky issues, I doubt they would have posted anything against her.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

So it has nothing to do with her statement: “I’d rather have my teeth pulled out without anesthesia” than live in Texas? They don't think that would hurt her chances of winning a house seat? IN TEXAS?!? Or maybe the fact that she would likely be perceived as a carpetbagger despite being born in Texas. There are quite a few things about her that make her a toxic candidate despite the fact that she seems to have ideal values for liberal voters. Ultimately, though, I don't think the DCCC should be engaging in any kind of favoritism among candidates (she should probably sue them). I can definitely see their point, though. Were it not for those pesky issues, I doubt they would have posted anything against her.
    ...yeah, okay. That's pretty bad. That playing on endless loop in the general will not help her chances at alllll.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

NRA is losing so many sponsors and they seem to be getting antsy right now.

Also, I can think of one person that they didn't seem to rush to the defense of despite being a lawful gun owner. Can't imagine why.

On really positive news, remember Bob Murray trying to sue John Oliver? Wellllllllllllllll...

A West Virginia judge dismissed a coal mogul’s defamation lawsuit this week against cable television host John Oliver and HBO.

In a decision dated Wednesday, West Virginia Judge Jeffrey Cramer accepted HBO’s argument that Bob Murray, CEO of coal mining giant Murray Energy Corp., failed to show that Oliver had defamed him according to the law.

Oliver dedicated an extended segment in June to criticizing the coal industry, with a focus on Murray, including his frequent criticisms of former President Barack Obama’s “evil agenda,” his lawsuits challenging regulations and his closeness with President Trump.

“If you even appear to be on the same side as black lung, you’re on the wrong f---ing side,” Oliver said about one of Murray’s lawsuit against a federal rule meant to reduce black lung disease among coal miners.

Murray sent Oliver a cease-and-desist letter before the show aired and threatened to sue him, taking the case up to the Supreme Court. Instead, Oliver dug in.

“I’m not going to say, for instance, that Bob Murray looks like a geriatric Dr. Evil, even though he clearly does,” he said.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    ...yeah, okay. That's pretty bad. That playing on endless loop in the general will not help her chances at alllll.
    Exactly! But this story is basically being spoonfed to Green Party and their ilk (who have the same critical thinking skills as the typical FOX News viewer) as "See how much the DCCC hates 'REAL' liberals"!

BANNED

But if the Texans are willing to trust her. Why does the DCCC need to use these tactics to try and shame her for that phrase?
    How many People currently in office have said something dumb or done something done?

We gonna Hoawrd Dean her now?
    Hell MSNBC is currently trying to smear Bernie, and they are "Liberal".
    It seems the Democrats would rather an Establishment type in power rather than an actual human being.

Why are you guys so scared of the "endless loop"? They are going to do that anyway. Who cares.

Aren't you the ones (Not you in particular) always saying a D better than an R? Cough cough - Doug Jones???

I don't know much about her. But I have a feeling the DCCC just cracked oepn a hornets nest.

By doing this hit piece on her, they are probably going to cause their Establishment types the country over to lose suppor as they are once again being seen as "CHOOSING" the candidate and not the voters.

Dems don't learn.

Also Laura Moser can run this against them...

Meredith Kelly the Spokeswoman on Moser....

But DCCC spokeswoman Meredith Kelly went even further in a statement to The Texas Tribune.

"Voters in Houston have organized for over a year to hold Rep. Culberson accountable and win this Clinton district," Kelly said.

Then, referring to a 2014 Washingtonian magazine piece in which Moser wrote that she would rather have a tooth pulled without anesthesia than move to Paris, Texas, Kelly added: "Unfortunately, Laura Moser’s outright disgust for life in Texas disqualifies her as a general election candidate, and would rob voters of their opportunity to flip Texas’ 7th in November.”

Moser on the DCCC

Later Thursday evening, Moser obliquely responded to the allegations on Twitter, quoting former First Lady Michelle Obama: "When they go low, we go high."

Later in the evening, she expanded her comments in a statement.

"We're used to tough talk here in Texas, but it's disappointing to hear it from Washington operatives trying to tell Texans what to do. These kind of tactics are why people hate politics," she said. "The days where party bosses picked the candidates in their smoke filled rooms are over. DC needs to let Houston vote."

"This is a landmark year in Texas and in states all across the country," she added. "We have a real chance to not only flip District 7, but bring some sanity back to Congress and resist the erratic extremism holding our White House hostage."

"It's a lot to ask, and we can't do any of it by throwing mud and tearing each other down. This is not the time to be a house divided."
    THIS also doesn't help the DCCC, they for some reason think the Establishment way is te only way to win. It isn't. Progressives lost a few races at the start of 2017 and knocked it out of the park by the end of the year.

Hell the Democratic party is letting KIDS take the lead on guns. These guys and their Hih Priced Consultants are losers man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    But if the Texans are willing to trust her. Why does the DCCC need to use these tactics to try and shame her for that phrase?
    How many People currently in office have said something dumb or done something done?
    Sure. But very few people have said 'I hate this state' and then asked to be its representative. Here's the thing: the DCC lets it out in the wild now? They can see if she can handle it. It was always going to come out. If people choose to vote for her even in light of that, then great. She can probably weather it in the general, though it's certainly going to hurt her, as it was always going to do so. Better it hurt her now while they have a viable alternative in case this craters her.

We gonna Hoawrd Dean her now?
    There is NO comparison between what was done to Dean. Dean let out a harmless scream in the middle of a cheering crowd, which was then audio manipulated to remove the crowd and make him seem loopy. This candidate's own words are coming back to haunt her. I can only imagine what you'd be saying if Clinton said 'Man, I'd rather have my teeth pulled without anesthesia before visiting Wisconsin.". :P
    Hell MSNBC is currently trying to smear Bernie, and they are "Liberal".
    Asking Bernie what he knew about the Russian scandal and when he knew it is the basics of journalism.

Why are you guys so scared of the "endless loop"? They are going to do that anyway. Who cares.
    People living in Texas might. That's the problem.
    Aren't you the ones (Not you in particular) always saying a D better than an R? Cough cough - Doug Jones???
    Yes. A D is /almost/ always better than an R. I'd vote for the lady if she was the candidate, even if I think this hurts her chances. I'm not sure WHO I would vote for in the primary because I don't know enough about either of them. Just being 'progressive' isn't enough for me. If she can't handle friendly fire based on her own words in a primary how the hell is she going to hold out against an actual Republican in a swing district? How is this going to impact local fundraising? The blue wave can only be counted on for so much, and if she's the candidate in my district, you can bet I'd work my ass off for her regardless, but that doesn't change that shit-talking the state you're trying to get elected by is a really, really, really stupid move and that she'll need to address it.

I don't know much about her. But I have a feeling the DCCC just cracked oepn a hornets nest.
    We'll see about that. If she can handle it, /good on her/, but again, how it'll play in a general is anyone's guess. The DCC is right to be concerned about what this might do to her chances, especially in a state which is known for its pride. :P
    By doing this hit piece on her, they are probably going to cause their Establishment types the country over to lose suppor as they are once again being seen as "CHOOSING" the candidate and not the voters.
    If she wins, it'll be because she was able to show she can handle the attack that was inevitable anyway. This certainly would have come out later. And it's not even that old. It was four years ago in 2014. And she wants to go to D.C. on their behalf? This is a bad look for her, /no matter how good a person she may otherwise be/.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 02-24-2018 at 12:08 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Parkland Survivor To Melania Trump: Stop Donald Trump Jr. From Cyberbullying Me

His conspiracy theory “like” put a “target on my back,” the 14-year-old tweeted. Newsflash, young lady, Melania doesn't give a fuck. Her anti-cyberbullying campaign was all talk and no action since her husband is the biggest bully on the block, and she hasn't lifted one manicured finger to curtail him, nor will she even try.

Apple, Amazon, YouTube Urged To Pull NRA TV Channel

“It’s time for tech leaders to acknowledge their role in helping the NRA spread this dangerous content and cut it out.”

Rick Scott Breaks With Trump, NRA With New Gun Control Proposals

Scott’s proposals come more than a week after 17 people died in a mass shooting at a Florida high school. Let's see how long that lasts before the NRA and gun lobby leans on him hard to change his mind.

Parkland Survivor: ‘I’ve Never Been So Unimpressed By A Person’ After Trump Call

The president reached out to Samantha Fuentes while she was in the hospital recovering from shooting wounds. You're not alone in being unimpressed with Dolt45.

The Parkland Teens Are Giving These Columbine Survivors Hope

“I’m so proud of them, and I don’t even know them.”
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Three years ago, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" ran a profile of Dan Lungren, the former U.S. House Representative from California’s 3rd District. Lungren had co-sponsored anti-abortion legislation to specify it should only apply to “forcible rape”, meaning he there would be no exceptions for incest or statutory sexual assaults. He also was an adamant denier of climate change, in California, no less. He also had a key staffer convicted of a fraudulent voting drive scheme (after campaigning for Voter ID laws). By the end of his career, he managed to be booed at a town hall for still wanting a return to the Bush tax cuts for the rich. After Lungren lost in the 2012 elections, he apparently decided to call it a career.

In both 2016, as well as in 2017, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" published its profiles Bill Chumley, a member of the South Carolina House of Representatives who has served in that body to since coming to power in 2010, the Tea Party year. He has managed to stay in office through the benefit of not being challenged, at all, in 2012 or 2014 in a primary or general election. Bill Chumley is one of the contingent of South Carolina Republicans who in the wake of the shooting at the AME Emanuel Church in June of 2015 by a shooter motivated by Confederate iconography and white nationalist views that fought tooth and nail to try and keep the Confederate Flag flying at the state capitol. Hell, Chumley’s legislative profile on the website of the South Carolina legislature lists him as a proud member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, so maybe that shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise. What sets Bill Chumley apart from the rest of his colleagues is how on June 23rd, 2015, among all the prayers for the victims and talk to remove the flag, he desperately tried to steer the conversation away from his beloved Stars & Bars, and tried to spin the issue into a debate on gun control by blaming the victims for not being armed in church or fighting back, chuckling about their deaths in a CNN interview about how they were “waiting their turn to be shot”. As disgusting as a moment as that is, it’s not an isolated incident of outrageous behavior from State Senator Chumley. Like say, back in December of 2012 when he sponsored legislation in the South Carolina legislature that would jail state and federal officials who tried to implement the Affordable Care Act in South Carolina, specifically referring to this measure as an attempt at nullification, and as one of the Sons of the Confederate Veterans, it’s a pretty safe bet that the history of South Carolina trying to nullify federal laws, like say at Ft. Sumter, was not lost on the Chumster. A few months after that in March of 2013, he suggested South Carolina return to having low-level inmates return to being indentured labor for the state in chain gangs. Yes, CHAIN GANGS. And even as recently as February of 2015, Chumley brought stunningly stupid legislation to the floor, when he was overcome by Islamophobia and submitted one of those bills that would put an unnecessary ban on Sharia Law in South Carolina. He’s still working on nullification bills, including one he filed in December of 2015 (just in time for Christmas!) to try and nullify the Supreme Court’s Obergefell vs. Hodges decision, and outlaw same sex marriage in South Carolina. We’d say he’s willing to fight a Civil War to prevent gays from being married, but it actually looks more like Bill Chumley just wants to fight a Civil War, period, over whatever issue is convenient to get it done.

And, about that whole Civil War thing… in late 2017, Chumley actually co-sponsored a bill in the South Carolina legislature to honor “black Confederate veterans, presumably in an effort to prove that Confederate monuments aren’t racist. There’s just one problem with that… historical records can find not a single black soldier who served in the Confederacy (go figure, the Confederate racists hoping to defend an empire built on slavery didn’t trust any of their slaves with guns in combat to fight for the right to stay enslaved). Upon hearing that fact, Chumley denied reality. still didn’t withdraw his bill, and said:

That bill, of course, is going nowhere. We only wish the same were true of Bill Chumley’s political career, because the eight years he’s served in the South Carolina legislature have been a laughably dumb waste of time.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Here is something that defines the new RNC

Michael Steele addresses CPAC official's 'painfully stupid' comment about race

In a speech at CPAC's Ronald Reagan dinner on Friday, Walters reportedly criticized Republican thinking surrounding the decision to pick Steele to lead the RNC.

“We elected Mike Steele as chairman because he was a black guy, that was the wrong thing to do,” Walters said in a comment reportedly met with gasps.
    Former Republican National Committee (RNC) chairman Michael Steele on Friday blasted a comment from a Conservative Political Action Conference spokesman in which the CPAC official said that the RNC picked Steele to lead the party because "he was a black guy."

"I wanted to talk to [CPAC chair] Matt Schlapp first, but I think it’s painfully stupid what he said," Steele told the Observer when asked about a remark CPAC communications director Ian Walters made at a dinner during the conference.

"If he feels that way I’d like him to come say that to my face," Steele added. "And then I’d like him to look at my record and see what I did. I can’t believe an official of CPAC would go onstage in front of an audience and say something like that. I’ve been a strong supporter of CPAC for many years and I thought they raised them better than that here."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

The only thing that surprises me about that story is that anyone supposedly gasped.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Sure. But very few people have said 'I hate this state' and then asked to be its representative. Here's the thing: the DCC lets it out in the wild now? They can see if she can handle it. It was always going to come out. If people choose to vote for her even in light of that, then great. She can probably weather it in the general, though it's certainly going to hurt her, as it was always going to do so. Better it hurt her now while they have a viable alternative in case this craters her.
    I gotta agree. Better all of this is out in the open now than after the Primary. I'm sure if she wins then, the DCCC will throw their full support behind her (assuming she still wants it).