BANNED

2 of the Parkland kids on AM Joy this morning

a 17 yo kid to idiot David Clarke - YOU DISGUST ME

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Steele is naive idiot.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Yeah, that was a thing. (Sarcaism) At least he seemed to have the budget to buy some milk. After all milk is FAR more important then our fucking school system.(/sarcasim)

Am I bitter, yeah.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post

What did the kid say that disgusted you?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    What did the kid say that disgusted you?
    I think he's saying that the Kid told Clarke that he was disgusting.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Steele is naive idiot.
    Ah, no. I mean, at the time he became RNC chair he might have been naive but he's not an idiot. He was on AM Joy and he told her about the problems he faced as RNC chair and admitted that the Republicans clearly have issues with race. He is one of the more intelligent, better spoken conservatives I have seen on the news.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    The only thing that surprises me about that story is that anyone supposedly gasped.
    Those gasps probably came from establishment Republicans who know enough not to say stuff like that out loud, even if it's what they're really thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post

Who is David Clarke?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Who is David Clarke?
    Former Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke...popular conservative figure.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Who is David Clarke?
    Former sheriff of Milwaukee, who is very notorious for his Islamophobia and human rights violations. Several people have died in his jails, including a baby, and he's usually screaming and ranting about how liberals are destroying the country. He also wears an absurd amount of medals, some of which are apparently fake. All around, a very hateful, despicable human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Those gasps probably came from establishment Republicans who know enough not to say stuff like that out loud, even if it's what they're really thinking.
    I'm thankful for the conservatives who feel emboldened to speak their minds without regard for decorum or anyone's opinion of them. Better to have the racism and conniving ass-holery exposed for all to see.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Former sheriff of Milwaukee, who is very notorious for his Islamophobia and human rights violations. Several people have died in his jails, including a baby, and he's usually screaming and ranting about how liberals are destroying the country. He also wears an absurd amount of medals, some of which are apparently fake. All around, a very hateful, despicable human being.
    You forgot to mention he is as thin-skinned as Trump. Clarke had someone held by his deputies because he didn't like how someone looked at him on the plane make to Milwaukee - then had the lack of self awareness it took to call the other guy a snowflake on social media.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Ah, no. I mean, at the time he became RNC chair he might have been naive but he's not an idiot. He was on AM Joy and he told her about the problems he faced as RNC chair and admitted that the Republicans clearly have issues with race. He is one of the more intelligent, better spoken conservatives I have seen on the news.
    Totally agree. I've seen him many times on Bill Maher when he was still the chair and he used to call in to the talk show hosts at WGN radio. One of the few likeable Republicans left these days I'm surprised he hasn't turned independent.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

State Department is up to some shitty things and its pretty bad for women.

State Department officials have been ordered to pare back passages in a soon-to-be-released annual report on global human rights that traditionally discuss women’s reproductive rights and discrimination, according to five former and current department officials.

The directive calls for stripping passages that describe societal views on family planning, including how much access women have to contraceptives and abortion.

A broader section that chronicles racial, ethnic and sexual discrimination has also been ordered pared down, the current and former officials said.

The move, believed to have been ordered by a top aide to Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, reflects the Trump administration’s rightward turn from the Obama administration on family planning issues. It also appears to highlight the stated desire of Tillerson and President Donald Trump to make human rights a lower priority in U.S. foreign policy.

Some career State Department officials — particularly female staffers — are suspicious of the motives behind the changes, which they fear could undermine the report’s impact and integrity. A State Department spokesperson said any changes were being made for focus and “clarity.”

"This sends a clear signal that women's reproductive rights are not a priority for this administration, and that it's not even a rights violation we must or should report on," one serving State Department official said.

The sources did not know the name of the aide who gave the instruction, but understood the person to have a senior position.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Totally agree. I've seen him many times on Bill Maher when he was still the chair and he used to call in to the talk show hosts at WGN radio. One of the few likeable Republicans left these days I'm surprised he hasn't turned independent.
    Give it time. From what I have seen, the Trumpian Republicans are pushing out everyone else who isn't towing the Trump line or drinking from the same Orange Kool Aide.