Mighty Member

How annoying is it that Stacey Dash is (or is maybe?) running for congress.

Hopefully, like Oprah and Kid Rock (and maybe The Rock?), it's not really happening and the only celebrity dumb enough to actually run for office is Trump.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    You don't HAVE to vote Democrat. You, as a voting block, could organize and get changing the Electoral process on the ballot. Ranked Choice Voting would open your options up greatly.
    Plus, you aren't legally obligated to vote for anyone. You have freewill. Who cares what people on the internet think?

The only real downfall of left leaning people not voting for the democratic candidate is we end up with a republican in office. Which is a bummer. But you are under no legal obligation to help make sure Trump, or similar candidates, don't get elected.

Why can't people admit that the ONLY reason they think the Clintons are a dynasty is because it helps to enforce the narrative that they've been spoonfed? It's OK! You can still dislike them even if they're NOT a dynasty!
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Hopefully. . . it's not really happening
    As someone said, she can't even get on Fox, so people who hate her should want her to run. She's a guaranteed loss.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Why can't people admit that the ONLY reason they think the Clintons are a dynasty is because it helps to enforce the narrative that they've been spoonfed? It's OK! You can still dislike them even if they're NOT a dynasty!
    Honestly, I think the idea of two Bushes and two Clintons since 1980 just didn't sit well with people. You might not call either a dynasty, but I think people feared aiding possible dynastic ambitions.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Yankees are a dynasty.
    The Celtics are a dynasty.
    The Canadiens are a dynasty.
    The Patriots are a dynasty.
    The Kennedys are a dynasty.
    The Bushes are a dynasty.

The Clintons? Not even close.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Justice is gonna get himself a profile too at this rate :P

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Well, today is "Hope Hicks sinks ships" day, so of course he is wound tightly.
    I'd be surprised if they get much from her unless they can make something to charge her with something from her alleged remark about making Dumbo Jr's emails to the Russians disappear.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-27-2018 at 08:26 AM.

Mighty Member

If Chelsea were to ever take office, would it become a dynasty?

I assume Trump plans for his kids to get into office. Either of his sons as president is...a fucking terrifying idea.

Mighty Member

I assume Trump plans for his kids to get into office. Either of his sons as president is...a fucking terrifying idea.
    Plus, I assume they will became presidents through very undemocratic means. I feel like the right is planning something.

Mighty Member

Also, it's a bummer about America being over as a country and all.

Plus, I assume they will became presidents through very undemocratic means. I feel like the right is planning something.
    Your tinfoil hat picking up some conspiratorial radio signals? I doubt many or any Trumps will run and they will know that running will bring all sorts of baggage with it.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-27-2018 at 08:49 AM.

They don't want to admit that they are not in total control of their own minds.

They could just as easily call the Clintons the Bonnie and Clyde of politics. But that is a bit too direct so it doesn't work as a dog whistle. The word Dynasty just sounds nefarious to American ears without being overt. It also is a gotcha response since you could call the Bushes a dynasty. The Kennedys would be a better counter example but the Kennedys haven't gunned for the presidency.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Your tinfoil hat picking up some conspiratorial radio signals?
    I just, for some reason, punish myself by immersing myself in right wing comment threads. I know most Trump supporting accounts are bots, but I assume that somewhere in all those comments threatening civil war, one or two of them are real people.

At least people complaining about a Clinton Dynasty admit Hillary really won the election. )
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!