Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    like the white nationalists/Nazis and the Klan trying to "rebrand" themselves

instead of jack boots and hoods, its beards and shopping at Whole Foods
    We'll see. Shouldn't be too hard after all. Just keep an eye out for whatever controversy that arises that's linked to the joint or the, uh......."graduates" coming from it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    My job is directly related to the steel industry. I overhead two of my purchasing agents talking about the turmoil his announcements have caused.
    "It's f***ing crazy out there right now. Nobody knows what going on or how to deal with it." was one of the comments.
    I'd be less worried if he'd be consulting with his staff and industry leaders before making and acting on decisions. That fact that he doesn't convinces me that he's not menatlly equipped to do the job.
    Sry I'm a bit late. So far I remember it was part of his agenda from the first hour to do this. He let check and his minster after months of "checking" said lets do this.
    What more questionable is what is his true agenda? Surely he wants to get more votes and creating jobs but the big bad boys in this game were always china.
    The problem with this is he said : all steel products and aluminum and not those from China.

On the other hand there were never much options people could smuggle China steel over other countries and claim they made it also with 'China only' would had worked only if the EU joined this course.
    They would never do that because the EU is neoliberal pro globalization organization with religiose trait in believing of free market because it their base for existence and also they gain a lot with it especially Germany.
    This also explain their reaction which is comparable of a wild pork which went crazy in a dunghill ( I have no better comparison sry).

The base of all this is similar to Brexit you could foresee that one day this will come to pass because by its nature globalization gives less and less people work and wealth(and undermine the control of the government) this destroys the middle class which then goes into votes. This doesn't explain why it must be Trump but the answer is in short on the left-side there is no alternative allowed to globalization not even in Greek.

Why are the UK and the USA first ? Because the percentage of the former middle class who lost under globalization is the highest but that is not all the trade deficit of both is one of the highest that means not only are there loses on a personal level but also as a nation which are bound if nothing is done to bring them into even greater problems.

The 'joke' is you can't undo globalization in one day because of all the stuff you can't produce anymore it takes time to regain production capacities also it took 30 years to change to this model it would take 20 years to rewind it if you start tomorrow with it. I personal would prefer some kind of balance.

Uh oh...

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...eel/391059002/

Electrolux halts $250 million project in Springfield after Trump's tariff announcement

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    no, because its still horses**t

just doesn't smell as bad
    So Prager U is basically horseshit with Febreze sprayed over it.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Exclusive: Florida Public School Teacher Has A White Nationalist Podcast

Dayanna Volitich suggests Muslims be eradicated from the earth, believes anti-Semitic conspiracy theories ... and teaches middle school social studies. One of those rebranded white nationalists TheInvisibleMan mentioned? I'd say so.

The Florida Senate Approved An AR-15 Ban. Then They Didn’t.

Every member who opposed the short-term prohibition on sales was Republican. Of course they were Republican, and probably on the payroll of the gun lobby.

Kentucky Bill To Outlaw Child Marriage Stalled Amid Conservative Concerns

The Family Foundation of Kentucky opposes child marriage but wants to preserve parents’ say in their kids’ lives. What the flaming fuck is this shit?

UCLA Basketball Players Freed Before Trump Intervened: Report

An ESPN investigation found Trump wasn’t involved with the students’ release. Gee whiz! What a surprise! But hey, that won't stop Dolt45 for taking credit for something he had zero hand in.

Roy Moore Is Now Asking For Money On Facebook To Defend Himself

The defeated Senate candidate has been sued by a woman who says he sexually abused her when she was 14. I've got some thoughts and prayers I can spare for this worthy cause. Who's with me?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    The man literally just gave a speech where he joked about making himself president for life.
    Joked?

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Joked?

Mango Mussolini might have been joking at the time, but you can't tell me the idea of being president for life didn't give him a throbbing blue veiner.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Mango Mussolini might have been joking at the time, but you can't tell me the idea of being president for life didn't give him a throbbing blue veiner.
    I don't know.
    Most days the idea of being President for even one more day probably gives him a giant throbbing migraine.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't know.
    Most days the idea of being President for even one more day probably gives him a giant throbbing migraine.
    Perhaps, but being arguably THE most powerful man in the world is the ultimate rush for an egomaniac like Trump, a rush I suspect he's extremely loath to give up, despite the negatives (like actually governing) that comes with the job. If Trump could find a way to eliminate that pesky two term limit for presidents, I seriously believe he would, and with a Republican controlled Congress and Supreme Court at his beck and call, who's to say he wouldn't give it a try? And that concerns me more than a little. Crazy you say? So was the notion of his having won the election in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't know.
    That's with "Circa Early March 2018" conditions.

Absolutely no certainty that things stay as peachy as they are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If Trump could find a way to eliminate that pesky two term limit for presidents, I seriously believe he would, and with a Republican controlled Congress and Supreme Court at his beck and call, who's to say he wouldn't give it a try? And that concerns me more than a little. Crazy you say? So was the notion of his having won the election in the first place.
    A fellow by the name of Obama.

More than two terms means he's potentially back in the game. Even in this zany scenario, Trump ain't opening the door to having to possibly run that race.

Let alone give Obama a "Presidency Until Death" opening.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    A fellow by the name of Obama.

More than two terms means he's potentially back in the game. Even in this zany scenario, Trump ain't opening the door to having to possibly run that race.

Let alone give Obama a "Presidency Until Death" opening.
    He could make a law that only applies to white men over 70.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    He could make a law that only applies to white men over 70.
    And look like he's ducking?

Even more unlikely than the earlier scenario.

I meant to say that the GOP in the legislature could make that law, of course.

And don't tell me voter ID laws aren't exactly as divisive and racist.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    And look like he's ducking?

Even more unlikely than the earlier scenario.
    The President has repeatedly ducked in front of cameras and it did not hurt him with his base.

Hillary was right!