Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    She definitely had the deer in the headlights look and Lesley was the 18 wheeler coming at her.
    I used to think Dr. Don't Know (Ben Carson) was the runt of the White House litter, but DeVos has him beat six ways to Sunday.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

She’s somebody who has no idea what she’s doing and it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Why Georgia? Red Grant's home state is Indiana and, as far as I know, there's no special election on the schedule in or near Savannah. So, did he just pick that city out of a hat?
    No fucking clue... Some think its because the last few elections in Georgia have been too close for comfort and because we have a pretty strong Democratic contender for the Governorship this year.

Though yeah..Savannah is relatively liberal(like most southern cities) we went for Hillary by 55%. So I'm not sure what he wants to accomplish if he really is coming.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    No fucking clue... Some think its because the last few elections in Georgia have been too close for comfort and because we have a pretty strong Democratic contender for the Governorship this year.

Though yeah..Savannah is relatively liberal(like most southern cities) we went for Hillary by 55%. So I'm not sure what he wants to accomplish if he really is coming.
    Red Grant?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Interesting article from a Democrat perspective on the Democrat support for the banking bill:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...t-looking.html
    That bill sucks and it sucks that some centrist dems got on board with it, including some that I respect.

But I mean, it's not a surprise to anyone that the richies own both parties, congress and the prez. It sucks, but it's no surprise.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Red Grant?
    Don't you think that Mike Pence looks like Robert Shaw's Red Grant in "From Russia With Love" http://image.wikifoundry.com/image/1...5579/GW275H328

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    As a general observation, I find that the typical Atheist inadvertently follows the secular tenets of Jesus far more closely than the average conservative Christian.
    Conservative Christians have this need to have a say in who they help. The term "throwing good money after bad" is used often. Though the "bad" is hardly ever more than unfaithful to the tenets of their religion. So they would gladly help the presumably straight person but be standoffish to someone who was openly gay. Nevermind that there is no real way of knowing which person would be able to turn their financial situation around if they got a little push. I don't think they realize what they are doing half of the time. A lot complain about how they can't reach certain communities but never take into account how cold they are to those communities. Maybe it's a part of why they are so easily swayed by Republican ideology.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Don't you think that Mike Pence looks like Robert Shaw's Red Grant in "From Russia With Love" http://image.wikifoundry.com/image/1...5579/GW275H328
    As a massive Bond fan I really don’t want anyone as prestigious a villain as Red Grant to be associated with this administration.

Red Grant was one of SPECTRE’s top killers

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    You mean this post?

Yeah, not buying it. Best you could get to is 'Conservatives are trying to be Nazis' with that. In that case, nice strawman! Additionally: If you can only condemn something when it's brought up that you didn't (And even then Half-Assedly, like POTEC) it's clear you don't really care. Even then you have to relate to things that are bullshit too, like how Potter burners weren't yelling about protecting kids while flinging books onto the bonfire and were just upset about Libraries, or how Dash is worried about Antifa attacking her in response to a post about her craven defense of Neo-Nazis.

As for my personal beliefs? I think book burning is wrong, but it is laughable when it's clear that it does nothing overall like in both the Potter/Cap cases. People burning holy books in order to stir up extremists is far worse IMO, but that's unrelated to this here.
    No strawman argument here. Either it's inherently "Nazi-like" (which is indeed what I took to be the implication of "the popular comparison narrative") for anyone to burn books, even as a political gesture, or it doesn't really apply to anyone, regardless of affiliation.

Your statement about how the Captain American example is less directly influential ("does nothing overall") would be way more impressive if I hadn't previously said the very same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Oh man, you gotta be scared of Antifa. What with their flesh-rending teeth that that claw they use to disembowel their prey.
    Oh wait, no, I'm thinking of Velociraptors. My mistake. You're way more likely to see a dinosaur than an Antifa.
    Unless you attend a rally for someone whom Antifa doesn't like. Then you may get your head handed to you.

Like I said earlier, morality can't be judged by how many people commit a particular sin. You want to state that historically there have been more conservative yahoos who beat up on people-- also a Nazi-like association-- than liberal yahoos? Fine, there are probably more of Column A than Column B.

But the liberal yahoos aren't any better just because there are fewer of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Why her awful interview would shock them after her disastrous Senate confirmation hearing kinda blows my mind.
    Yep.

She is at the point where I believe she could make a well thought out, reasonably correct answer sound utterly inept.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    As a massive Bond fan I really don’t want anyone as prestigious a villain as Red Grant to be associated with this administration.

Red Grant was one of SPECTRE’s top killers
    You can blame me for that. I was one of the first people in this forum to call Pence Red Grant after he was officially introduced as Trump’s VP candidate, and the name stuck.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    No strawman argument here. Either it's inherently "Nazi-like" (which is indeed what I took to be the implication of "the popular comparison narrative") for anyone to burn books, even as a political gesture, or it doesn't really apply to anyone, regardless of affiliation.

Your statement about how the Captain American example is less directly influential ("does nothing overall") would be way more impressive if I hadn't previously said the very same thing.
    More Serious Answer: Savages & Asshats have been burning books since we've had books (Where's that Library of Alexandria gone?) so it's not inherently a Nazi thing to do, but the last large organized political movement to do so was the one everyone loves to hate on: The Nazis. Then when you consider all the ties of Neo-Nazis (and the bigotry they both share) to the conservative movement it's a fair comparison. It's not like there are liberals actively waving around swastikas and quoting Hitler in a serious/adoring way. Regardless, you don't really care about this situation so why bother pretending? Are you trying to be *gasp* Impressive?!

Less Serious Answer: You say there's no strawman while standing in front of a big one with "Mouth Breathing Conservatives" painted on it. You might as well have pulled a "Mission Accomplished" out of your ass too.

Other answer: If I posted to impress anyone I'd be slavishly agreeing with every post I come close to liking and not go on pointless back-and-forths with folks like you which I'm sure are rather boring to read in the long run. BTW If in fact you are posting on this forum to be 'impressive' then I feel rather sorry for you.

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

House Republicans remind me of people lost in the forest, running away from deer right into the claws and jaws of Bears.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.