Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Oh boy, this has it all. Infidelity, Walmart, and white nationalist trailer trash folk. Bonus if it takes place in Southern Indiana and meth is involved.

There is something about this headline that makes you think.....

White men stockpile guns because they’re scared of black people and feel inadequate, science says

So, who is 'supreme'? The White Men who measure their masculinity based on the number of weapons they own? Or everyone else?

According to science, the average gun owner is a white man without much education who is worried about providing for his family and who is afraid of black people.

“These are men who are anxious about their ability to protect their families, insecure about their place in the job market, and beset by racial fears,” Scientific American writes. “They tend to be less educated. For the most part, they don’t appear to be religious—and, suggests one study, faith seems to reduce their attachment to guns. In fact, stockpiling guns seems to be a symptom of a much deeper crisis in meaning and purpose in their lives.”

Among the works cited in the article is a 2017 study by two Baylor sociologists who plotted gun owners on a “gun empowerment scale.” They found that the people who were “most emotionally and morally attached to their guns” were 65 percent male and 78 percent white.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Gun-trained teacher accidentally discharges firearm in Calif. classroom, injuring student

A teacher who is also a reserve police officer trained in firearm use accidentally discharged a gun Tuesday at Seaside High School in Monterey County, Calif., during a class devoted to public safety. A male student was reported to have sustained non-life-threatening injuries.

The weapon, which was not described, was pointed at the ceiling, according to a statement from the school, and debris fell from the ceiling.

Seaside Police Chief Abdul Pridgen told the Monterey County Weekly that a male student was “struck in the neck by ‘debris or fragmentation’ from something overhead.” Pridgen said whatever hit the student was not a bullet.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Oh boy, this has it all. Infidelity, Walmart, and white nationalist trailer trash folk. Bonus if it takes place in Southern Indiana and meth is involved.
    Southern Indiana - YES

Meth - no, but I wouldn't be surprised if these people haven't dabbled in 'chasing the dragon'

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

And the gun fetishists are out, with the NRA tweeting during the walkouts.

Gotta love the placement of the American flag on the gun, to say that if you protest guns, you are protesting against America. :P

BANNED

the NRA is scared of a bunch of high schoolers/middle school kids

a lot of kids who will be eligible to vote in 2020

Lamb/Saccone challenges have started.

Conservative Judge threw out some votes, all GOP, Saccone challenged them, another more conservative judge upheld and threw more out.

Lamb is challenging a set of ballots set aside.

Lamb has ruled out recount, Saccone has not.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

the NRA is scared of a bunch of high schoolers/middle school kids

a lot of kids who will be eligible to vote in 2020
    And that's why the NRA is collectively pissing their pants. They've seen the future and the picture ain't a pretty one for them. A revolution has started, and it's one the gun nuts and ammosexuals won't be able to stop.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Congress has started a probe on Zinke's and Carson's use of federal dollars.

House Oversight Panel Asks HUD For Documents Amid Accusations Of Lavish Spending.

Is DeVos going to be the last one standing?

EDIT: And Mattis.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-14-2018 at 11:34 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And that's why the NRA is collectively pissing their pants. They've seen the future and the picture ain't a pretty one for them. A revolution has started, and it's one the gun nuts and ammosexuals won't be able to stop.
    the NRA used to have a fairly robust youth and teen outreach/safety course - which was cut back dramatically in the late 90s and early 2000s

they stopped reaching out to kids and closed ranks after Columbine

you have at least 2-3 generations of kids some at 12-13, and some about to be 18 that want ZERO to do with firearms

I saw a tweet this morning that said what I think needed to be said.

https://twitter.com/owillis/status/973936127685156865

i do feel that conservatives refusing even moderate gun violence prevention could eventually cause a real anti-gun backlash they won't be able to contain. i think theyre too far down the rabbit hole to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I saw a tweet this morning that said what I think needed to be said.

https://twitter.com/owillis/status/973936127685156865
    I think we've said that A LOT in this thread.

NRA needs to think about that.

They're raising a generation to hate guns.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I think we've said that A LOT in this thread.

NRA needs to think about that.

They're raising a generation to hate guns.
    I touched upon it after Orlando and then after Parkland, it hit me

you have a generation or 2 of kids growing up who want nothing to do with guns

they don't care about the culture or any of it

and the inaction of even marginal improvements to gun regs is going to lead to one hell of a backlash

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I touched upon it after Orlando and then after Parkland, it hit me

you have a generation or 2 of kids growing up who want nothing to do with guns

they don't care about the culture or any of it

and the inaction of even marginal improvements to gun regs is going to lead to one hell of a backlash
    If the NRA wasn’t so damned intractable on refusing even moderate gun control laws, they wouldn’t be faced with the mess they’re in now, especially when most of the membership support said laws. I’ve said this before, it’s Wayne LaPierre, Dana Loesch and the group’s lunatic fringe that’s driving the train off the cliff.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    And the gun fetishists are out, with the NRA tweeting during the walkouts.

Gotta love the placement of the American flag on the gun, to say that if you protest guns, you are protesting against America. :P

Pretty much. The small 7% of Gun Owners who are NRA Members measure their strength by way of their guns... They don't give a **** about Protecting the country or Fighting the Government.
    This is how they measure their personhood.