Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I wonder how many millions Trump has spent on lawyers. These guys don't come cheap. Or is he using his campaign donations from these rallies?
    Trump no doubt had been spending millions on lawyers for years, if not decades before he went into politics, what with all the lawsuits filed against him and suits he filed against people who pissed him off for one reason or another. And nothing has changed since the election, he’s still up to his eyebrows in legal trouble.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If that's the case, at least be straight with them about that you lied to their faces and that they are not and were never really going to be a priority.

That way, they would at least know where they stand when someone shows up to ask them for a vote.
    Ha ha, worst thought out post, ever.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Dems ran a whole dog and pony show.
    1st runner up.
    Last edited by PaulBullion; 03-20-2018 at 12:59 PM.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Congratulations, you are repeating a Trump talking point. Missing the fact that the Dreamer status only exists because of Democrats, and was ended by a Republican.

The reason Dems cave on DACA is that while there is overwhelming support for te program, there is much less for shutting down the government to keep it going.

Much of the support for DACA is the fair weather kind, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    A fairly extraordinary, albeit minor, story that happened in Manchester the other day:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-43306423

A Rugby League player (and former England international), has been sentenced for dangerous driving and assault.

What apparently happened is that he was driving a Mercedes at speed, and refused to pull over, launching a high-speed chase, at which he drove at speeds of up to 150 mph before crashing.

He then fought multiple police officers for 50 minutes, during which he was tasered six times but "kept rising to his feet to fight and charge at officers". He succeeded in grabbing the taser, and pointing it at one of the police officers. Apparently one of the officers needed surgery afterwards. Eventually he was detained.

He has been convicted of dangerous driving and assault, and jailed for 23 months.

Oh, and he's also been disqualified from driving for two years.
    Someone tell Larry Wilmore, since he was pleased to imply on his show that it's inconceivable for policemen to assault anyone but POC.

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Someone tell Larry Wilmore, since he was pleased to imply on his show that it's inconceivable for policemen to assault anyone but POC.
    You sure know how to hold a grudge against black people.

Hillary was right!

Mighty Member

I still don't buy that Roseanne Conner would've voted for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Well if you aren't here to debate it, I don't know why you would respond overtly simplistic points about certain issues that clearly don't align with the reality of it to make a point. By and large me and you probably agree on most issues. I suspect we both voted the exact same way in the last election and many elections prior.

However, it's not helpful to ignore an actual problem that is impeding the Democratic party under a pretense that by taking them to task for their shortcomings is implicitly helping Republicans. We have a large electorate and you can't box everyone into narrowly defined ideologies and demand allegiances based on that. It backfires. People vote for a third party that speaks to them more, they protest vote, they stay home. Clearly that mindset doesn't work. If it did, Democrats would never lose an election anywhere but the most rural red areas of the country.

I want the Democrats to win Congress in the midterms. I want them to win the Presidency in a landslide in 2020. I don't want them to make it too close for comfort because they don't know what the hell they are doing.
    I agree with most of this, while making the additional note that the average voter doesn't think in ideological terms, but in terms of his or her personal interest/ethics. That's at least one reason that Barack Obama got into office; because the economic meltdown tarred the Republican Party with a huge policy failure-- even if the policies that led to the meltdown weren't wholly the fault of Republicans. (Paging Bill Clinton.)

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    You sure know how to hold a grudge against black people.
    "Bad comedians."

CEO Alexander Nix got suspended by Cambridge Analytica.

We live in a time where an evil organisation had both a Dr. Spectre and a Mr. Nix on their payroll.

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Ivanka, a.k.a. Ms. Complicit is the daughter Trump wanted to fuck when she was a teenager. But yeah, having her meet with the South Koreans would be a slight to them, hell, I wouldn’t blame them if they nixed the meeting altogether, but that would only piss off Trump, and god only knows what he’d do in retaliation.
    I'm just seeing this now.

Got my show ponies mixed up. Whoops.

Y'know the only other guy I've ever seen publicly talk about his daughter the way Trump does was Singer/Actress Jessica Simpson's Father. Dude used to go
    out of his way to talk about how hot his daughter looked in his promotional interviews.

Frankly, it was creepy then too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    President Obama created DACA in 2012.
    Correct, but why not do something on Immigration reform when you had the power. Again they did nothing.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Correct, but why not do something on Immigration reform when you had the power. Again they did nothing.
    Who was controlling the House and Senate again at the time? Didn't Obama do some kind of work around to get DACA going by himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Y'know the only other guy I've ever seen publicly talk about his daughter the way Trump does was Singer/Actress Jessica Simpson's Father. Dude used to go
    out of his way to talk about how hot his daughter looked in his promotional interviews.

Frankly, it was creepy then too.
    Hulk Hogan does, too. And Trump's campaign manager wants Hogan to run for US Senate. Birds of a feather ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    For any president to really get what they want-they need their party to have control of the House & Senate.

So while voters did what they need to get him in office-they FAILED to get him the support to pass laws that he wanted.

Otherwise you have to compromise.