Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That’s good news indeed. I hope other video uploading services like Vimeo will follow YouTube’s example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    You can complain about it at the next shareholder meeting.
    Why would i? I will just post about my disdain and keep watching geography now, i am just sharing an opinion that a lot of people feel that is the lack of communication from the youtube team.
    Last edited by mojotastic; 03-22-2018 at 07:16 AM.

There’s An Online Harassment Campaign Underway Against People Advocating For Diversity In Comics

An online harassment campaign and culture war called #Comicsgate is underway against people pushing to diversify the comic book industry, with trolls and their influential enablers targeting those calling for increased representation for women, different races, and the LGBT community.

Several comics superfans and creators are calling it a dark evolution of the Gamergate controversy that targeted women participating in video game culture with abuse.

Comicsgate trolls use racist, sexist, and sometimes threatening language to intimidate people they call “SJWs” — or “social justice warriors,” essentially anyone they believe is advocating for diversity in the industry. Some of the messages are overt, while most are cloaked in innuendo or make inside references to the comics world that outsiders would find confusing.

Most of the trolls are anonymous, living on Twitter — some use “#Comicsgate” in their bios — YouTube, private Discord channels, and message boards used by far-right supporters of Donald Trump. They swarm people who publicly support initiatives from large publishers, such as Marvel and DC, to diversify. The trolls say diversity weakens the quality of comics.

When asked about Comicsgate, a Marvel spokesman said, “Marvel has and will always promote an industry of inclusion and respect.” DC comics didn’t return a request for comment.

A Twitter spokesperson told BuzzFeed News that “if there is a violation of Twitter rules, we will take action.” YouTube didn’t reply to a request for comment on Comicsgate.

For their part, some of the most influential and visible Comicsgate boosters say they’re the ones under attack. They point to legitimately threatening tweets and other social media posts from people they call SJWs. They say they are quickly and incorrectly painted as Nazis, white supremacists, and/or far-right figures by people obsessed with political correctness.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    You still haven't listed odds.
    No ****, Sherlock. You did, you said zero and looked utterly foolish doing so. It's never zero as long as he is on the ballot.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

What astonishes me is that it took this long for something this ugly to crop up.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

#comicsgate is not new. There's been a very vocal push back against diversity in comics for at least a few months. It's just getting coverage now. (I guess a few months is pretty new, but in internet time that was like last year!)

Parties have finite resources, so they will not field candidates for every possible race. In 2016, Republicans didn't field any candidates for two congressional seats in Illinois against Dan Lipinsky and Luis Guiterrez, while Democrats didn't field candidates against John Shimkus and Adam Kinzinger. It's a sensible strategy, even if it allows a weirdo to exploit it to get a meaningless nomination.

As for why a handful of Nazis are Republicans, that's more due to the country having a two-party system. Democrats will get their own brands of weirdos, although there's also less of a bar for getting a nomination of the weaker party in a region, which explains some of the Democratic candidates in conservative strongholds.
    I get all of that, but it wasn't really the answer to what I was asking. I mean, I thought we'd at least get you to say that Nazis are bad and yes it's problematic to be in a party that includes them in its demographic. But, nope.

John Dowd has just resigned from Trump's legal team.

Welp, that's probably not a good sign for how things are going.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Considering that he is being replaced by the Conspiracy Theorist/Fox News talking head lawyer.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Being a lawyer for a temperamental lunatic like Trump CAN'T be good for one's mental health, and that was BEFORE he went into politics. The stress must be absolutely unbearable now, constantly plugging fingers into holes in the dyke, especially when dealing with a client who lies out his ass daily and makes a fool of himself with disturbing regularity.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mighty Member

What astonishes me is that it took this long for something this ugly to crop up.
    I get that “shelving” widely beloved characters only to give their superhero mantle and title to some noobs can be irritating, especially when godawful writing is involved (“Gorr was right.”), but getting mad at increased diversity in general may be missing the bigger picture of Marvel currently having crappy talent behind the desk who rely on universe shakeups to get people’s attention. And even then, I’d try and avoid making it personal enough to get into an online shouting match over it.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 03-22-2018 at 09:51 AM.

With a certain moron with fake hair in the West Wing talking trade wars... the stock market continues to freak out.

As of this post, the Dow Jones is down another 360 points today.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

As for why a handful of Nazis are Republicans, that's more due to the country having a two-party system. Democrats will get their own brands of weirdos, although there's also less of a bar for getting a nomination of the weaker party in a region, which explains some of the Democratic candidates in conservative strongholds.
    America does actually have more than two parties, one of which is the actual American Nazi Party, which this Joker used to be the leader off.

Also, please point to the hardcore Stalinist Democrats running for congress?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    You're probably thinking of Mega Python vs Gatoroid.
    There was a crossover between Anaconda and Lake placid according to Wikipedia, but I doubt anyone saw that.
    I saw that one, or at least part of it. I believe Monkee Mickey Dolenz had a brief death scene in that one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    America does actually have more than two parties, one of which is the actual American Nazi Party, which this Joker used to be the leader off.

Also, please point to the hardcore Stalinist Democrats running for congress?
    no one in the center or on the left is advocating for a white ethnostate, or any kind of ethnostate along with sending people of different races "Back to their country of origin"

Invincible Member

Recently some of these guys were dancing a jig over Heather Antos leaving Marvel. And I'm like, "Jeez...the woman leaves to take a better position somewhere and folks are acting like they got Nixon impeached or something!"

EDIT: I just noticed my unintended pun...

Invincible Member

Oh, it's been going on for a while. Every so often someone who's an obvious follower of certain You Tube channels will either start a thread in the Marvel Boards or make some comment. It's funny that some are calling guys like Diversity in Comics ( that's the guy's You Tube name ) as an "alternative news source".