BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Well, if I were to argue for keeping this kind of weapon around, that’s the argument I’d go with.
    Go "Squatchin with your AR!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    People still take PCP but it's been overshadowed by opium and meth lately.
    I just haven't heard much about it at all as you've said. I wouldn't think it would be something that draws in many new users, but I've been wrong before.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Do i looks like i am shilling gun, hmm yeah that might not look good, anyway i am just writing what i know about the gun and giving my opinion and yes my family in Ohio are democrats who voted for Hillary and think there should be more regulation on gun like in my country where only the goverment is able to sell you guns.

5.56/.223 is the standard AR-15 caliber, "intermediate wall barrier" is drywall + 2x4 with insulation built to code, pic related.

And on why would people want to to use something like a long gun instead of handgun, the short answer would be that anything you can mount on your shoulder is going to be a far easier platform to get fast, accurate hits with.
    Once again: Why do people NEED AR's, not want them. Your own family feels that a handgun is better for their defense than the gun.

As for your shilling - You have gone on about it's price, accuracy, and easy modding.

On the picture, this says it better than I can. Though I do worry about the source and any bias they might have had beyond the post below.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneBreaker View Post
    What is your goal with this pic? Most drywall is 1/2", 2x4s don't line the entirety of the drywall and insulation is fiberglass. This pic just shows great damage with protection

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I will always say that just because trump has lowered the bar for standards that we as a country "USED" to hold elected officials too does NOT mean that this is not news. Yes spouses cheat on each other in the White House before, but you can't ignore that parts of the GOP base, specifically Evangelicals, used to be apoplectic about "morality" and leading the country morally. It has been and still is used to push agendas like anti abortion measures, anti LGBTQ legislation etc. Letting them off the hook by saying no one cares anymore on THIS side of morality, but allowing them to take the "moral" high ground anywhere else is insane.

Let us not forget the opposition to gay marriage ,for example, before it was settled in Supreme Court was largely a "moral" one. And all measures since then to limit everything from gay adoptions, to gay couples rights and benefits to be served and treated fairly also follow that "moral" basis of opposition.

It IS news and it IS relevant to consistently point out the hypocrisy of supporting a President and an administration who has been demonstrably proven to fail any standard of morality test time and time again. Yet still the same people regain their pearl clutching and bible stances on other issues. Whether people care or not anymore does not matter to the news relevance of the issue.

If you don't report on the president of the United states hiding and paying off women and even in Stormies case possibly threatening and intimidating their silence you are failing the people of the country.

I don't care if his backwards supporters think anything he does is fine and excusable. It is an ever expanding scope of things that suddenly "don't matter" and they think people "don't care about". Those people are stupid and delusional on top of being hypocrites. We should never cater real news to them. They have Fox News and trumps twitter account to cater to their alternative facts.
    Listen at the end of the day those same people will find some reason based on their morality to oppose the people on the left no matter how much you throw Trump’s affairs in their face. Yeah now it’s a card you can play, but ultimately it doesn’t matter. It’s not going to change anything with them.

Yeah you can point out their hypocrisy, but they don’t care because they already think their religion makes them better than you. So at the end of the day, they don’t care.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Speaking of abortion laws, here's a new one!

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...ion?src=usn_tw
    Is it me or is every new anti-choice law less constitutional than the one before it?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Is it me or is every new anti-choice law less constitutional than the one before it?
    It's like when you are looking for your lost keys, you start to go to extreme lengths to search for something you had hours ago as you looked in all the easy places already.

Extraordinary Member

Oh look former Justice Stevens agrees with my stance on the 2nd Ammendment

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Once again: Why do people NEED AR's, not want them. Your own family feels that a handgun is better for their defense than the gun.

As for your shilling - You have gone on about it's price, accuracy, and easy modding.

On the picture, this says it better than I can. Though I do worry about the source and any bias they might have had beyond the post below.
    On the subject of the picture, i posted to illustrate how rifle loaded with proper ammunition will often penetrate less than a pistol bullet. A proper defensive rifle bullet is going really fast, and is designed to fragment, which causes more damage to people, but also tends to cause the bullet to break in drywall and 2x4s faster than a slow moving, solidly-constructed pistol bullet.

On the shilling, i only tried to explain my argument as well as i could using the information i know and have in hand.

And why need them, long guns are better than handguns when it come to stop things like home intruders.

I must apologize if i wasnt clear or i wasnt getting what you were trying to say Dalak, i have less time to post and read replies so i might overlooked your question.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Black people don't look for guns? I don't think that's accurate. I mean, I live in a town with pretty strict gun control laws that also has a high homicide rate. If you're a black person with access to a car, you can get a gun if you want to. And drive bys do happen were multiple people become victims in black neighborhoods.

I really think a lot of it is "cultural"/envirnomental/situational...plus how these things get reported. A kid from "the hood" gets picked on at school, he's encouraged to get even with the person he's mad at. He gets a hand gun and shoots his enemy at the enemy's home or in a crowd of people that the enemy may or may not be in at that moment.

A dozen people might be hurt in such an incident but it doesn't get reported as a shocking event. It's reported as possible "gang violence" or just another day in the hood. That kid doesn't have an AR-15 that he got at a gun show, he's got a handgun he obtained through a straw purchase so the body count is probably lower and less shocking.

It's not that there aren't multiple shootings in the so called hood, it's just that they aren't MASS shootings.
    As a black guy who didn't grow up in the "Hood" and still owned 3 guns including an AR-15. I'm trying to find the positive in this post. I really am.
    Pistol and AR sold as of 2 weeks ago.

On another note. WHY I get my information from Multiple sources instead of just CNN and MSNBC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I actually agree with some of it also. As a Gun owner when people get triggered by the term "Repeal" Left or right, they think it's a done deal. It's just the first step. If Smart people do a repeal and replace or repeal and adjust properly then things can get better.

It's the same way that scumbag Scalia said Guns are an Individual Right instead of the Well Regulated Militia, the Consitution actually describes it. It can be repealed or amended.

Astonishing Member

Repealing the Second Amendment – is it even possible?

Decent article from CBSNews on the subject since Justice Stevens brought it up. Accurately points out how extremely difficult to impossible it would be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    What does an AR give her that a handgun or 2 won't when defending her home? Seems like it would be easier to use indoors. Would you say that with a handgun there's less risk of bullets going through walls into bystanders?

Why does she or anyone else need THIS gun in particular?

Another question, why are you so interested in what gun controls the US does or doesn't institute as it won't affect you in any way?
    I purchased my AR not for hunting but for sports shooting. There were abotu 6-7 of us in a litle rifle group my brother started from the guys he worked with in the Priso. One of them owned some land out in Clayton NC and had brought in Large mounds of sand with Concrete beneath so we could place targets and dump our Wal Mar bullets into them. I owned a pistol and a Single shot Rifle for person defense. But I prefer swords and knives, so I have a ton of them also.

An AR-15 is overkill in a home defense situation, especially if you live in an apartment complex or Cul-De Sac. I sold everything but the Rifle a Few weeks back and brought toys. ^^

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfo6cgwF9Eb/

Yes he does. https://www.npr.org/2018/03/27/59725...cond-amendment

Are you happy? Because repealing the 2nd Amendment is just as unfeasible with the support of a retired Supreme Court Justice as it was without that support. But let's say we could actually get the ball rolling on a repeal. It will still take several years to get it done. What exactly do we do in the mean time?

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Repealing the Second Amendment – is it even possible?

Decent article from CBSNews on the subject since Justice Stevens brought it up. Accurately points out how extremely difficult to impossible it would be.
    Rather than repeal the 2nd Amendment, a new one could be introduced that effectively neutralized, or at least heavily define the 2nd Amendment. Like what ended up happening with Prohibition.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I purchased my AR not for hunting but for sports shooting. There were abotu 6-7 of us in a litle rifle group my brother started from the guys he worked with in the Priso. One of them owned some land out in Clayton NC and had brought in Large mounds of sand with Concrete beneath so we could place targets and dump our Wal Mar bullets into them. I owned a pistol and a Single shot Rifle for person defense. But I prefer swords and knives, so I have a ton of them also.

An AR-15 is overkill in a home defense situation, especially if you live in an apartment complex or Cul-De Sac. I sold everything but the Rifle a Few weeks back and brought toys. ^^

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfo6cgwF9Eb/
    I will say, I'm not opposed to owning things like a hunting rifle, shotgun, or a handgun. I have a lot of family out on farms and ranches and ones that go camping. Trust me when I say, they do have reason to need guns like those out there.

But weapons like the AR-15? Yeah, I just don't see the need when a handgun can do provide self-defense, while being easier to handle.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Thank you. My only issue is now, time and money to do it in. I mean the Names Project had like, the backing of a well known artist, it's the cost and the size that becomes the issue. You know I'm surprised that the American folk art scene hasn't done something like this for this issue or other issues. You would think this would be a golden opportunity for them to get their art as well as a name out there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Because the same motherf***ers in the GOP who work to block even research into gun violence, let alone gun control are the same motherf***ers who cut money into mental health programs available to those who need it covered in insurance packages.

More importantly, they're the same motherf***ers who collect big checks from the NRA. Do try and keep up.
    They're probably the same MF'ers that willingly support false research on the games industry. It's one big damn mess. Was looking at how many dems picked up a check from the NRA and the ones that did, total of three that I found, were all from the States that are lowest in population, and honestly the highest in Suicide rate (Montana, Wyoming and I forgot the other).

You would think that Republicans would want mental health in those states to go up because of the number of depression cases that happen there! I mean holy hell on this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    After Stormy Daniels, Republicans Face a Referendum on Trump’s Conduct

And the moral of this story, boys and girls? Get in bed with a dog and your chances of catching fleas increases exponentially.
    I almost want to say "Can I get an Amen" to this.

Wasn't there a quote by Teddy Roosevelt about this vary subject? Not the sex thing but the idea of working with someone who can screw you over?

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The old joke comes to mind...

"What's the difference between a pregnant lady and a light bulb?"

"You can unscrew a light bulb."
    *I need a set of drums for this joke it needs a cymbal crash* Actually this made me laugh.

I actually agree with some of it also. As a Gun owner when people get triggered by the term "Repeal" Left or right, they think it's a done deal. It's just the first step. If Smart people do a repeal and replace or repeal and adjust properly then things can get better.

It's the same way that scumbag Scalia said Guns are an Individual Right instead of the Well Regulated Militia, the Consitution actually describes it. It can be repealed or amended.
    Scalia did one good thing in his time on the bench and that was blocking the crap that was being thrown at the game industrey, and that's about the only good thing I can say about the man.

Honestly I was talking to my dad about that, and the idea of the armory tax and he said why not just amend it to where if you own a gun, you have to sign up to the National guard. It's not a bad idea. Although Personally I think if you're going to own any form of weapon you need to have a test and insurance and if you can't present both, you get a ticket and have the magazines you have at the moment taken.

There's no law that says, the bullets can't be removed.

Also wasn't it Jefferson who said that the Constitution should be revisited every Ten years? I think we need to start jumping on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Yes he does. https://www.npr.org/2018/03/27/59725...cond-amendment

Are you happy? Because repealing the 2nd Amendment is just as unfeasible with the support of a retired Supreme Court Justice as it was without that support. But let's say we could actually get the ball rolling on a repeal. It will still take several years to get it done. What exactly do we do in the mean time?
    While I agree with Justice Stevens, I'm sure even he knows it would take a long while. I do think that a start would be getting various laws passed and amendments added. Bans for various types of guns, stronger laws in regard to getting a gun, as well as, you know, some sort of driving like test to see if you qualify for the gun in the first place, this should be administered at a place like the DMV. Database for the ATF, some sort of set up for bullets, and other items used on the gun. You can have your gun, we're just going to regulate the hell out of the amo you need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Rather than repeal the 2nd Amendment, a new one could be introduced that effectively neutralized, or at least heavily define the 2nd Amendment. Like what ended up happening with Prohibition.

I will say, I'm not opposed to owning things like a hunting rifle, shotgun, or a handgun. I have a lot of family out on farms and ranches and ones that go camping. Trust me when I say, they do have reason to need guns like those out there.

But weapons like the AR-15? Yeah, I just don't see the need when a handgun can do provide self-defense, while being easier to handle.
    You could eventually repeal and replace it with something. My worry is that we could have a situation like Prohibition that happens. I know it's not like drinking, but there's a lot of similar situations coming out with this.

Agreed on the need for a weapon in the middle of no where, but in urban environments, I think you shouldn't be carrying one around.

Most cases people that have a gun don't have a clue how to react with it when attacked in the first place. You're almost better off by knowing some physical self defense as you have better reaction time.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

As a black guy who didn't grow up in the "Hood" and still owned 3 guns including an AR-15. I'm trying to find the positive in this post. I really am.
    Pistol and AR sold as of 2 weeks ago.
    As a black man who grew up in the hood and still live there, I never owned a gun, never saw a reason to own one, least of all some damned assault rifle, still don’t to this day.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Do i looks like i am shilling gun, hmm yeah that might not look good, anyway i am just writing what i know about the gun and giving my opinion and yes my family in Ohio are democrats who voted for Hillary and think there should be more regulation on gun like in my country where only the goverment is able to sell you guns.

5.56/.223 is the standard AR-15 caliber, "intermediate wall barrier" is drywall + 2x4 with insulation built to code, pic related.

And on why would people want to to use something like a long gun instead of handgun, the short answer would be that anything you can mount on your shoulder is going to be a far easier platform to get fast, accurate hits with.
    There is also the question of why there should be a ban on the AR-15 in particular.

The majority of gun deaths are from handguns.

Most proposals to make it harder to buy long guns make an exception for hunting rifles, so as not to piss off rural voters, but something that is built to take down an elk is going to be effective at taking down a human.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets