Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm becoming more and more convinced Trump isn't going anywhere until 2020 if he loses his reelection bid. Regardless of whatever evidence Robert Mueller digs up, it won't get past the Republican controlled Congress which is all too willing to burn the Constitution and break all ten Commandments to protect the Orange Menace. At this point, I can only hope Trump doesn't hopelessly wreck the economy or touch off World War III with China or North Korea until he finally leaves.
    I'm glad to see more people coming to terms with this.

Astonishing Member

I'm becoming more and more convinced Trump isn't going anywhere until 2020 if he loses his reelection bid. Regardless of whatever evidence Robert Mueller digs up, it won't get past the Republican controlled Congress which is all too willing to burn the Constitution and break all ten Commandments to protect the Orange Menace. At this point, I can only hope Trump doesn't hopelessly wreck the economy or touch off World War III with China or North Korea until he finally leaves.
    If voters are apathetic and don't show up to vote again he will get re elected. It was always going to be about turnout. Did anyone that didn't show up in 2016, or those that voted for chaos have buyers remorse yet?

He will win if enough don't show. We have seen in the special elections and primaries so far how tight some of these races are. There are clearly enough voters that can vote against him. There were in 2016 also

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    The globalists have destroyed the white working class. They don't care about those people. It's all about enriching the 1 percent. And they have succeeded, while the Democratic party has chanted "Diversity!"

If it weren't so awful, I would laugh at it.
    Oh look, buzz words.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    If voters are apathetic and don't show up to vote again he will get re elected. It was always going to be about turnout. Did anyone that didn't show up in 2016, or those that voted for chaos have buyers remorse yet?

He will win if enough don't show. We have seen in the special elections and primaries so far how tight some of these races are. There are clearly enough voters that can vote against him. There were in 2016 also
    Democrats should take no chances in 2016. Despite what a mess he’s been his pills have been doing better...

If I’m them I find the most progressive candidate the party establishment can live with. Run him/her by all the leaders. If it’s not Sanders or Warren make sure they stump for him/her like their life depends on it. Make sure it’s someone with no baggage.

Bill Clinton embraces that label. Didn't you know that?

https://www.cnn.com/2017/06/20/polit...ism/index.html
    You know what? Maybe we should. We live in an ever shrinking world with a globalized economy. Why is the life of a coal miner in the US worth more than that of a child starving in Somalia?

Nationalism sucks. Borders are imaginary. Why is your heaven so small?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Because Trump addressed their concerns, as Sanders would have if the Democrats had nominated him.
    That is not why they voted for him.
    They voted for him because they are the kinds of voters that only vote for old white men.

Hillary was right!

Did you support Hillary? She says that same thing. So does the Democratic establishment that rigged the nomination for her.

You can't solve a problem unless you admit you've got one. The Democrats are a long way from admitting that this is a problem, and they'll keep losing until they do.
    The Democratic Party did not rig the primaries specifically for Hillary Clinton. They have been rigging the primaries for the most establishment candidate, whoever it is, since they first started the primary process back in 1972. They wanted to avert another disaster like the 1968 convention, so they gave us the illusion of the people voting in a primary process. But they still rig it to get the candidate that the establishment wants. Bernie Sanders knew that going in, but a lot of his supporters, who were getting into politics for the first time in 2016, did not.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Trump did make an attempt to institute a coal subsidy, and a board composed in part of his own appointees rejected the proposal.

Now, he may or may not have thought his proposal would pass when he made it, but give credit where it's due: he made an attempt, whether or not he gave a flying fetlock (not what I'd like to write) about the coal miners themselves. I don't want to see a coal subsidy, so I'm not the least disappointed that the measure failed. But come on already: why does the Left have to go to the ridiculous extreme of claiming that he lies about EVERYTHING? Why not just stick with his actual, documented lies, since they are many and plentiful?

You should know this: when liberals lie, an angel loses his wings.
    When it gets to the point where he tells a whopper just about every day, then it's a problem. He admitted that he told a lie to the Prime Minister of Canada about the trade deficit and joked about it. He's pretty much a pathological liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Trump just got up there and gave them a show, a performance. Where are those jobs for the coal miners? The demand for coal is going to continue to go down. He gave all the tax cuts to the billionaires. How about those layoffs here in Indiana by Carrier?
    And of course, Hillary also addressed their concerns. She just did it in a realistic way and had an actual plan that probably would have actually gotten coal miners jobs in other industries and even improved their lives. But she had a uterus and was a globalist and used a private email servers and was too kind to black folks and teh geys to get their vote.

Hillary was right!

For our ray of sunshine Zombie and I guess WPP has joined him.

Robert Mueller Links Trump Campaign Aide With Russian Ex-Spy: Filing says Richard Gates knew he was in contact with former intelligence officer shortly before 2016 election.

That's from WSJ. And Fox is running it, too. Both are saying, "Well, it looks like Trump lied the whole time ... at least we got our judges!"

I'm sorry ... even the mainstream right are seeing the writing on the wall. Trump was in bed with the Russians. It might not have been for interference, but the whole disinformation and attempted cover-up is going to do him in, much like Nixon.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-28-2018 at 11:06 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    And of course, Hillary also addressed their concerns. She just did it in a realistic way and had an actual plan that probably would have actually gotten coal miners jobs in other industries and even improved their lives. But she had a uterus and was a globalist and used a private email servers and was too kind to black folks and teh geys to get their vote.
    Run! Flee! Lock your doors and windows! Hide the women and children! THE GLOBALISTS ARE COMING! THE GLOBALISTS ARE COMING!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Seriously look at the education statistics in those areas. Treating education like its "bad" and will change their offspring into liberals is never good.

What they need is realism. Education, train to meet the demands of the modern economy not hold on to dying dead industries that will not realistically come back in a sustainable way.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 03-28-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Run! Flee! Lock your doors and windows! Hide the women and children! THE GLOBALISTS ARE COMING! THE GLOBALISTS ARE COMING!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    For our ray of sunshine Zombie and I guess WPP has joined him.

Robert Mueller Links Trump Campaign Aide With Russian Ex-Spy: Filing says Richard Gates knew he was in contact with former intelligence officer shortly before 2016 election.

That's from WSJ. And Fox is running it, too. Both are saying, "Well, it looks like Trump lied the whole time ... at least we got our judges!"

I'm sorry ... even the mainstream right are seeing the writing on the wall. Trump was in bed with the Russians. It might not have been for interference, but the whole disinformation and attempted cover-up is going to do him in, much like Nixon.
    Well now, this is sure interesting. Suddenly, I think I've been talked off that ledge I joined Zombie on.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    This is another thing I fear. People on the left are trying to hard to tie everything to Trump and make a scandal if everything that it’s diluting the real scandals. This happened in the election too. Every week there was a new thing that was supposed to sink Trump and by the end it all got lost in the ether, while Trump stuck to the same few points about Hillary All election and everyone remembered those and it stuck with her.

Pick the 3-4 biggest things and don’t stop hammering him on that.
    It should be said that the 24-hour news cycle is partly at fault here, as they seize upon any story that they think is popular with viewers. Think about how many weeks the news shows belabored a piece of inconsequential "news" like the Paula Deene case. I suspect that they paid little attention to its conclusion, when the case was thrown out with prejudice.