Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Fake Kirsten Gillibrand flap reveals double standard in our politics

Gillibrand has gotten herself ensnared in a “scandal” that is getting play from the usual suspects like the Washington Free Beacon, and more surprising outlets like left-leaning Slate.

... the idea that she is somehow responsible for her father’s skanky client would be a stretch — and says far less about her than it does about the higher standard imposed on women in politics.
    It's really amazing how both sides of the political spectrum are trying to sabotage possible presidential Dem candidates preemptively.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Why do you think the Republicans support globalism? It's the same reason that slaves were once brought to the United States.

Above all else, capitalists want cheap labor!

That's what globalism is about.
    That's certainly what my out-of-work friend thinks. He believes that politicians should feel responsible for making sure that Americans, and by extension the American middle class, get the jobs.

At the very least, I don't think corporations ought to get tax breaks, like the one in the new tax bill, for taking their jobs out-of-country.

I wish the 24-hour news hog would pay more attention to Trump's betrayal of his campaign promise to reverse such breaks, and less about "sexy" topics like Stormy and Friends, whose peccadillos are of dubious relevance to the political scene.

That said, I don't think President Hillary would have been any better than Trump on this particular issue. They're both rich SOBs who couldn't care less about the working class, only about the financial support of corporations.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    So is Laura Ingrahm for her b.s. yesterday attacking David Hogg's college prospects. These bitches are gross attacking kids I am sorry. You can disagree with them but why are they going to the most vile bullying arena possible first. They are supposed to be the "adults" that know better.

Lost some sponsers on her shitty Faux News show already and had to fake apologize
    Why? Because those kids dared to utter those two magic words that never fail to drive conservatives and right wingers batshit insane: “gun control”. Suddenly, those so-called adults turn into slobbering, rage fueled lunatics. Meanwhile, sponsor exodus was what helped do in Bill O’Reilly and, for a time, brought Sean Hamhocks to heel. **** around with the bottom line and you wind up in big trouble, even on Faux News.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 03-29-2018 at 01:23 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Nestle is out too

damn thats a big one

Astonishing Member

I just do not get the logic. It really shows you they are not good people. Its completely fine to criticize their position if you don't agree. But that's just low class bullying.

Nestle dropped Fox as a whole, not just her.

Bwahahahahaha!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Bwahahahahaha!
    I'm just wondering why it took this long.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I thought the rules for the FCC was a requirement to have a 3-2 balance between political parties of the appointees. That said, if Congress flips any and all new candidates for the FCC should be asked if they will support Net Neutrality and if they don't give an emphatic yes while under oath should just be rejected out of hand.

That's part of MY purity test. Politicians from now until the future HAVE to pass a purity filter for me and others. We're sick of lesser of two evils. My centrism is done. My patience is done waiting for Incrementalism.3.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While it had certainly occurred to me that this one would play out the way it did, it was still a downer to see it actually happen.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/ch...tonio-legrier/
    Same with Alton Brown, and will probably be the same with Stephon Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Agreed.

Republicans and Balanced Budget and Fiscal Conservatism should never be uttered in the same sentence.

Hate that Guy!

So is Laura Ingrahm for her b.s. yesterday attacking David Hogg's college prospects. These bitches are gross attacking kids I am sorry. You can disagree with them but why are they going to the most vile bullying arena possible first. They are supposed to be the "adults" that know better.

Lost some sponsors on her shitty Faux News show already and had to fake apologize
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Bwahahahahaha!

I just want to say there was a lot of naysayers on this very thread. I asn't one of them that said that nothing was going to change. But these Parkland Kids are somehting special. In North Carolina today we had a GIANT March for Gun Control, and like 4 Conservative gun nuts showed up. Companies finally understand that yes although Conservatives WILL give them what they want in Tax Breaks and such, But Liberals, and Progressives ARE America. We give them their money, But now These Parkland kids are showing many of us what's worth fighting for.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Lost some sponsers on her shitty Faux News show already and had to fake apologize
    She even got her ass burned by Lauren Hogg, David's 14 year old little sister: "How low are your ratings @IngrahamAngle that you have to start attacking my brother's grades to get attention?" Lauren tweeted Wednesday night. "If you ask me, he is more articulate than you and has far better character. Man, that's real low even for you. Coming from a 14 year old, please grow up."

That was a smart move of them to go after her show's advertisers. She might make a quick exit from Faux News lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm not so sure. I don't think those two would be able to co-exist for very long, Coulter is too alpha doggish for Trump who likes his flunkies quiet and compliant. Say what you will about Sewer Rat Barbie, but she doesn't rock the boat, Coulter probably would, and in ways Dolt45 wouldn't like I suspect.
    You say that like Coulter is that self-aware. I'm not sure that she is.

Why? Because those kids dared to utter those two magic words that never fail to drive conservatives and right wingers batshit insane: “gun control”. Suddenly, those so-called adults turn into slobbering, rage fueled lunatics. Meanwhile, sponsor exodus was what helped do in Bill O’Reilly and, for a time, brought Sean Hamhocks to heel. **** around with the bottom line and you wind up in big trouble, even on Faux News.
    I'd still rather have her answer for her comments on the air than have her taken off the air. I mean, she'd just go to a pod-cast and still spew her garbage anyway.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    She probably thought she'd have Kelly-Anne Conway's job by now.
    She was like, "Omarosa got a job doing nothing by kissing his ass, why couldn't I?"

Invincible Member

I'm not so sure. I don't think those two would be able to co-exist for very long, Coulter is too alpha doggish for Trump who likes his flunkies quiet and compliant. Say what you will about Sewer Rat Barbie, but she doesn't rock the boat, Coulter probably would, and in ways Dolt45 wouldn't like I suspect.
    Don't think it'd be over policy though. I think Trump would be upset that she'd be getting too much press time. Remember what happened to "The Mooch?"

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I'd still rather have her answer for her comments on the air than have her taken off the air. I mean, she'd just go to a pod-cast and still spew her garbage anyway.
    Sure, some podcast that reaches a few thousand against being on TV where’s she’s seen and heard by millions. I’d rather Ingraham vanish into the ether like O’Reilly had.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Invincible Member

Laura Ingraham is another one..."I think I'm being clever, but I'm really just a mean spirited jackass."