Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    The kids chose the paddle here, not that it should even be an option in the first place. I still can't wrap my head around punishing a literal gunshot victim of a school shooting for protesting it though.
    I agree, though even those who don't get shot but experienced the terror of fearing for their lives deserve the right to speak out without retribution.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Do you have a good reason why you think the most popular politician in your country and the most eligible politician tied to on one of the best turnouts for a campaign in the Democratic Party’s modern history shouldn’t run? Or is it that they are both old or something.
    Bernie would be an octagonarin heading into his first term.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Bernie would be an octagonarin heading into his first term.
    So ageism. That’s why you put a Vice President on the card.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I don't mind so much about Bernie's age as about his baggage.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Don't forget the quote of the Nestle CEO "No one has a right to water." Truly a scummy company that might be able to shock even the Gilded Age robber barons.

Extraordinary Member

I don't mind so much about Bernie's age as about his baggage.
    “Most popular politician in the country”. There’s a lot of candidates that’s baggage which will hold them back is they aren’t Bernie or aren’t enough like Bernie. The only negative I could see is if Hillary supporters go rogue to make a point. In which case we’ll know what all their yelling actually meant.

I think having concerns over his age is fair. I don't think he's unfit for office as a result of it. He's obviously far sharper than Trump is. However, having even a popular eighty year old as the face of the party is problematic for a host of reasons, in my opinion.

Also, Bernie's popularity /will/ take some pretty hard hits in a real presidential campaign where he's not running against Hillary Clinton. I don't hate Bernie. I voted for the guy because I wanted to help the party shift left like it needs to on a range of issues /where it can/ be done.

I can imagine that we'll hear a lot more about things like Sierra Blanca in a 2020 Democratic Primary anyway.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 03-30-2018 at 08:42 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Hillary isn't running. She said her political career is over. I know some people to who having her to hate isncentral by c'mon.

And Sanders is everywhere in the media. Biden and Sanders need to stay out in 2020z
    But its ok for him ya know....reasons. He lost primaries because he ran a shit campaign in the south but hey..."reasons" ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Sanders got a taste of the national spotlight and is now an addict. Nothing is going to stop him from running again.
    If he does choose to do this hopefully he decides to run the southern states better. He lost those states 2-1 due to how he ran his campaign there.

Bernie didn’t lose in massive upsets twice and didn’t have a primary tilted in his favor.
    If you mean tilted that he ran a shit campaign in the southern states that made him lose overall then ya , it was tilted. He lost by that.

There’s no reason why two of the strongest candidates for 2020 should stay out. This is why people keep relitigating 2016 you have a bunch of salty rabid Hillary supporters who have “if I can’t have it, nobody can”. Imagine being the person who says “I want the most popular politician in the country to NOT run for President”.
    Well your already seeing Sanders supporters cry over Hillary and how unfair it all was because Bernie couldn't run his campaign better in the south. Imagine if he loses the primaries again there comically. I'm sure you'll see them demand a holy war over Bernie .

I think having concerns over his age is fair. I don't think he's unfit for office as a result of it. He's obviously far sharper than Trump is. However, having even a popular eighty year old as the face of the party is problematic for a host of reasons, in my opinion.

This is true. Look at who the Democrats ran in 1992 and 2008 , in Bill Clinton & Barack Obama they got 2 , 40+ year old candidates who represented the youth. They won pretty big by doing that. Its now that the Democratic party needs that young male/female lion to appear and take it. To be the FACE of the party.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Also, Bernie's popularity /will/ take some pretty hard hits in a real presidential campaign where he's not running against Hillary Clinton. I don't hate Bernie. I voted for the guy because I wanted to help the party shift left like it needs to on a range of issues /where it can/ be done.

I can imagine that we'll hear a lot more about things like Sierra Blanca in a 2020 Democratic Primary anyway.
    I would have no problem if Bernie lost off that in an even election. I have a problem with the false equivalency of comparing Hillary who ran and lost as a heavy favorite twice, who came in with baggage everyone knew about that was being brought up before she ran, who had the field cleared for her and had the primary made to be a layup for her and Bernie who even in the most lenient description did not get an even shake.

No candidate will come in perfect. There’s alot of people that loathe Gillibrand for being Clinton light and quite frankly a snake for donors for many years. Same with Booker. Kamala is better but she has her missteps as well..

Personally I care more about winning. To me there are three candidates that if they run will be able to win a general fairly easily. Bernie, Biden, Warren. The base loves them and will turn out for them. Personally I’d go Warren.

I don’t really care for the age thing. JFK died in office and he was one of the younger Presidents in modern history. It’s a dangerous job and you’re just as likely to die of a bullet than old age.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    But its ok for him ya know....reasons. He lost primaries because he ran a shit campaign in the south but hey..."reasons" ya know.

If he does choose to do this hopefully he decides to run the southern states better. He lost those states 2-1 due to how he ran his campaign there.

If you mean tilted that he ran a shit campaign in the southern states that made him lose overall then ya , it was tilted. He lost by that.

Well your already seeing Sanders supporters cry over Hillary and how unfair it all was because Bernie couldn't run his campaign better in the south. Imagine if he loses the primaries again there comically. I'm sure you'll see them demand a holy war over Bernie .

This is true. Look at who the Democrats ran in 1992 and 2008 , in Bill Clinton & Barack Obama they got 2 , 40+ year old candidates who represented the youth. They won pretty big by doing that. Its now that the Democratic party needs that young male/female lion to appear and take it. To be the FACE of the party.
    Oh you mean the South that Hillary completely lost in the general?

Oh you mean the South that Hillary completely lost in the general?
    Somehow Bernie would win the south he lost the 1st time ? Come on.... tell me again how the nasty DNC denied Bernie his crown. How they made him not run a good campaign during the primaries in those states ?

I liked Sanders and had he won the nomination I would have gladly voted for him. But his supporters have completely lost touch with reality and some how keep believing a person who ran a terrible campaign there was somehow gonna run and win a national election in that area.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Somehow Bernie would win the south he lost the 1st time ? Come on.... tell me again how the nasty DNC denied Bernie his crown. How they made him not run a good campaign during the primaries in those states ?

I liked Sanders and had he won the nomination I would have gladly voted for him. But his supporters have completely lost touch with reality and some how keep believing a person who ran a terrible campaign there was somehow gonna run and win a national election in that area.
    Not. The. Point.

People keeping harping about Bernie in the South. In the end, the South did nothing for Clinton. So she won the primary off something that ended up not mattering to her in the end. The places in the rust belt where Bernie did better, that’s where Clinton needed to do better, and she didn’t.

So let’s start with the fact that Hillary lost the South. Let’s assume Bernie would to. The rust belt was where this thing was one. Bernie did better there. Basically the South likely cost you the candidate that would have won the rust belt and probably the Presudency.

So I’m sorry, holding the primary vote in the South up really doesn’t do a lot for me. You wasted time going after red country.

I would have no problem if Bernie lost off that in an even election. I have a problem with the false equivalency of comparing Hillary who ran and lost as a heavy favorite twice, who came in with baggage everyone knew about that was being brought up before she ran, who had the field cleared for her and had the primary made to be a layup for her and Bernie who even in the most lenient description did not get an even shake.
    Oh brother.

Is she considered attractive by the straights, then?
    Yes. She is quite attractive. I don't believe in denying the physical beauty of a woman just because I disagree with her political or social opinions. Tomi Lahren is attractive. So are Sarah Palin, Michele Bachman and yes, even Dana Loesch. They're all ugly on the inside.
    Last edited by Malvolio; 03-30-2018 at 09:30 AM.

Not. The. Point.

People keeping harping about Bernie in the South. In the end, the South did nothing for Clinton. So she won the primary off something that ended up not mattering to her in the end. The places in the rust belt where Bernie did better, that’s where Clinton needed to do better, and she didn’t.

So let’s start with the fact that Hillary lost the South. Let’s assume Bernie would to. The rust belt was where this thing was one. Bernie did better there. Basically the South likely cost you the candidate that would have won the rust belt and probably the Presudency.

So I’m sorry, holding the primary vote in the South up really doesn’t do a lot for me. You wasted time going after red country.
    Florida won the election , its in the south. Not the rust belt. Bernie couldn't campaign good in that area. He lost....time to move on.