BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Not. The. Point.

People keeping harping about Bernie in the South. In the end, the South did nothing for Clinton. So she won the primary off something that ended up not mattering to her in the end. The places in the rust belt where Bernie did better, that’s where Clinton needed to do better, and she didn’t.
    Be that as it may, he still needs to win the Democratic primaries in the South, where Clinton completely obliterated him. which is what we're actually talking about.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Oh brother.
    Bernie didn't run an area of the country well...he didn't get an even shake clearly. I remember when Howard Dean lost the primaries in 2004 and how people sadly put so much hope into him. But Dean's own gaffe killed him long term. What is comical we didn't 2 years later Dean supporters crying over it. They moved on ...they decided they had to get behind someone else to elect.

Its the same here , if Sanders supporters complain how this country is headed under Trump , well you either vote or get off the pot. You don't like Donald Trump's presidency , time to vote folks. If you don't and you complain how Bernie lost some more , well that is your loss. You don't deserve to complain about where the country is headed. Its like those folks who were on a FB post complaining about Trump's policies.

Then comically a couple admitted .."Well we never voted..." I was like...well you really can't complain at all. Now go stay at home in 2020 some more and all. Because us adults will do what we can.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Florida won the election , its in the south. Not the rust belt. Bernie couldn't campaign good in that area. He lost....time to move on.
    Florida doesn't really count in this context. The northern part of Florida is essentially the deep South, but ironically, the southern part of Florida is more like the Northeast, at least politically.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Florida doesn't really count in this context. The northern part of Florida is essentially the deep South, but ironically, the southern part of Florida is more like the Northeast, at least politically.
    Florida and Ohio are basically the 2 big states that pretty much hinge on those getting elected. A big fact that when Obama won re-election in 2012 , after Florida went to him and they called Ohio , Fox announced he had won the election. A fact as we remember Karl Rove went into a meltdown and demanded that Ohio wasn't done. But they had enough of the state in to say , he had won.

But each year those 2 states call it basically. Bernie couldn't win the state , if he couldn't win it primaries (he only got 33.3% of the vote in primaries) how does he win that state ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

Florida won the election , its in the south. Not the rust belt. Bernie couldn't campaign good in that area. He lost....time to move on.
    No if Hillary swept the rust belt she wins. Florida COULD have won the ejection, but Hillary lost it anyways so the point doesn’t matter. Neither were winning that.

Extraordinary Member

Florida and Ohio are basically the 2 big states that pretty much hinge on those getting elected. A big fact that when Obama won re-election in 2012 , after Florida went to him and they called Ohio , Fox announced he had won the election. A fact as we remember Karl Rove went into a meltdown and demanded that Ohio wasn't done. But they had enough of the state in to say , he had won.

But each year those 2 states call it basically. Bernie couldn't win the state , if he couldn't win it primaries (he only got 33.3% of the vote in primaries) how does he win that state ?
    It. Doesn’t. Matter.

You flip Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennyslvania and you win. Florida and Ohio wouldn’t have mattered. You’re setting up a false premise that you needed to win those states. Those were closer and more winnable states and Bernie performed better there. So yeah the South likely cost you the election for denying you a candidate that had a better shot of getting the states you needed while doing nothing for you in the generalZ

No if Hillary swept the rust belt she wins. Florida COULD have won the ejection, but Hillary lost it anyways so the point doesn’t matter. Neither were winning that.
    Ok lets look at the Rust belt. Ohio ...major player in the election as I posted above. So lets do the math...Trump had 306 electoral votes compared to 232 for Hillary.

WV has voted Republican for years...its not turning for Bernie or any democrat unless its Joe Manchin.

If PA , Ohio and Indiana go to Hillary here is Trump's total - 257 electoral votes
    Here is Hillary's total - 281. Yeah she wins if she gets Ohio and PA. But as I posted Ohio and Florida are considered the big states alongside PA.

Bernie in the rust belt ...lost those states as well except for Indiana .

So the key is the next Democrat who runs ...has to try and win Florida , Ohio and PA ...or at least 2 of them to get the election in 2020.

And considering Bernie didn't win those the 1st time in primaries , what changes in a national election ?

More examining the rust belt and primaries.

Bernie got 43.6% of the primary vote in PA.
    Bernie got 42.7% of the primary vote in Ohio.

As I posted in Florida he got 33.3% there. In those states in primaries Trump only had a lower average than Bernie in Ohio. In PA Trump had 56.7% (1% more than Hillary received !) . In Florida he got 45.7% of that.

So maybe its close in Ohio possibly. But the other 2 states seemed more going towards Trump given the averages we see.

Extraordinary Member

Ok lets look at the Rust belt. Ohio ...major player in the election as I posted above. So lets do the math...Trump had 306 electoral votes compared to 232 for Hillary.

WV has voted Republican for years...its not turning for Bernie or any democrat unless its Joe Manchin.

If PA , Ohio and Indiana go to Hillary here is Trump's total - 257 electoral votes
    Here is Hillary's total - 281. Yeah she wins if she gets Ohio and PA. But as I posted Ohio and Florida are considered the big states alongside PA.

Bernie in the rust belt ...lost those states as well except for Indiana .

So the key is the next Democrat who runs ...has to try and win Florida , Ohio and PA ...or at least 2 of them to get the election in 2020.

And considering Bernie didn't win those the 1st time in primaries , what changes in a national election ?
    Why do you insist on arguing irrelevant points? I gave you three states that were winnable and would have swung the ekection and you insust on sticking your fingers in your ears and talking about Ohio

She wins period if she gets Michigan, Wisconsin, and PA.

You’re just bringing up irrelevant states for the sake of arguing.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Don't forget the quote of the Nestle CEO "No one has a right to water." Truly a scummy company that might be able to shock even the Gilded Age robber barons.
    It's in the article I linked to.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

“Most popular politician in the country”. There’s a lot of candidates that’s baggage which will hold them back is they aren’t Bernie or aren’t enough like Bernie. The only negative I could see is if Hillary supporters go rogue to make a point. In which case we’ll know what all their yelling actually meant.
    Hillary did not have more or less baggage than Bernie. We have been over that. Bernie's was just not magnified, nor added on to with things that were completely made up like Pizzagate. The reason Bernie is popular is because Putin and the GOP wanted him to be popular to damage Clinton, and you are still swimming in that kool aid.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Not. The. Point.

People keeping harping about Bernie in the South. In the end, the South did nothing for Clinton. So she won the primary off something that ended up not mattering to her in the end. The places in the rust belt where Bernie did better, that’s where Clinton needed to do better, and she didn’t.

So let’s start with the fact that Hillary lost the South. Let’s assume Bernie would to. The rust belt was where this thing was one. Bernie did better there. Basically the South likely cost you the candidate that would have won the rust belt and probably the Presudency.

So I’m sorry, holding the primary vote in the South up really doesn’t do a lot for me. You wasted time going after red country.
    There are two steps to winning an election.

1. Your party's primaries.
    2. The general election.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post

2. The general election.

As I destructed down , Bernie lost the 3 key states hey would have needed in general election. 2 of them he had a lower average than Trump. Yet somehow ...he was screwed or wins this ? Really ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post

2. The general election.

And the party primary likely cost them the ejection

Are we doing this stupid dance again?