Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    If you don't want the border guarded, you need to say why not.
    As if he's suggesting the Border Patrol should be removed, ugh. The border already has guards, and a bunch of numbnuts who drive around in their trucks with rifles 'protecting' it too.

Why should we waste military money on the wall or in guarding the border because of the orange shitgibbon's whims?

Rosenstein gets new top deputy for Russia probe

Washington (CNN)Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has picked a veteran prosecutor to help him oversee the Russia probe at the Justice Department as the Special Counsel's investigation deepens.

Ed O'Callaghan will serve as the acting Principal Associate Deputy Attorney General, according to a Justice Department official.
    The powerful post, commonly known as the "Padag" within the department, advises the Deputy Attorney General on all major investigations and policy matters, but generally floats under the radar.

Yet O'Callaghan now lands in the thick of the highest-profile investigation at the Justice Department, ensnarling former Trump campaign associates. Late Monday evening, prosecutors in the Russia probe revealed Rosenstein has granted the special counsel's office wide latitude to investigate former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort's connections to Russian government officials. Thus far, the special counsel's office has charged 19 people and three companies, and one person has been sentenced.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

I don't have a problem with this either. If he'd pull every soldier out of the Middle East, that would be great. Why in the hell have we been fighting in Afghanistan for 16 years?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-wan...192253730.html

Problem is, the Afghan & Iraqi security forces aren't exactly on par with ours. If anything, they seem to he dependent on us for everything. I mean, historically, one needs to look at the South Vietnamese and recently with ISIL taking control of western Iraq.

It sucks we have to police them, but you can't build up these things overnight. Especially with us knuckle dragging on everything.

If you don't want the border guarded, you need to say why not.
    This is going to depend on what "Guarded" means.

- Is the Mexican army attempting to invade The United States? That would certainly call for some guards.
    - Are you talking about trying to put a dent in how outfits that bring people over the border treat those people?
    - Are you talking about people coming over the border? If so, come on with that noise. Seriously.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Temeura Morrison is really not phenotypically black, so I think the average filmgoer ought to get a break for not perceiving his status as a POC.
    Temeura Morrison is really not phenotypically black, and yet I think the average filmgoer will have no pro perceiving his status as a POC
    Lucy Liu is really not phenotypically black, and yet I think the average filmgoer will have no pro perceiving her status as a POC

BANNED

I don't have a problem with this either. If he'd pull every soldier out of the Middle East, that would be great. Why in the hell have we been fighting in Afghanistan for 16 years?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-wan...192253730.html

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I wonder if the NRA will take responsibility for giving some deranged gun nut an excuse to shoot up YouTube headquarters? Yeah, I know, a laughable concept.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Invincible Member

You can insist on an exact match in every way if that makes you happy, but the larger point remains applicable. It's still "audience trends just happen to mirroring Person A's political outlook," no matter how extensive the claims may be.
    Yeah, I see what you're doing here...leaving your sweater at my place so you can have an excuse to just drop by. Tryin' to be slick..heh, heh .No, it's cool. I'm not doing anything important. Just listening to music while I clean up the place. No, I don't have anything to drink but I can pick something up if you like...

Invincible Member

The people you're associating with "Comicsgate" are certainly not the only ones to destroy comics as a rhetorical gesture. See my earlier post on the same subject (yeah, like I'm going to take the trouble to look it up, any more than you will).

Yes, "both sides" do indulge in rhetorical gestures.

Only one side likes to pretend that it's above all that.
    If you're referring to that vid you put up what three or four weeks ago? You're right, I'm not going to dig through your old posts to find it. The video was disingenuous in the first place, and bringing it up in this context just misses the point.

Now, grab your sweater...the store's not far from here, we can even walk. When we come back we can drink some wine, sing along to Madonna's Greatests Hits vol2. It'll be fun!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I wonder if the NRA will take responsibility for giving some deranged gun nut an excuse to shoot up YouTube headquarters? Yeah, I know, a laughable concept.
    If they say anything at all, it'll be some variation on the usual thoughts and prayers talk, then something like, "See, if those liberal tech nerds had more guns, this wouldn't have happened!"

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    If they say anything at all, it'll be some variation on the usual thoughts and prayers talk, then something like, "See, if those liberal tech nerds had more guns, this wouldn't have happened!"
    How ironic! Guess what the NRA posted!

Incredible Member

Can we at least wait until the shooters motive has been cleared up before this turns into another political slap fight.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Wisconsin Supreme Court results are in and Democrats' pick wins, beating out Scott Walker's choice. Between this and him being forced to do the special elections, can't see him being too happy.

This also means, like me, Democrats went out to face down a blizzard to vote.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    Can we at least wait until the shooters motive has been cleared up before this turns into another political slap fight.
    I fail to see how the shooters motivation changes the conversation any.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I fail to see how the shooters motivation changes the conversation any.
    Well if it is a domestic dispute gone bad(like CNN are suggesting it was) then that makes the NRA tweet pretty much irrelevant since the shooting would have notting to do with them
    Last edited by Baseman; 04-03-2018 at 07:55 PM.