Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Temeura Morrison is really not phenotypically black, and yet I think the average filmgoer will have no pro perceiving his status as a POC
    Lucy Liu is really not phenotypically black, and yet I think the average filmgoer will have no pro perceiving her status as a POC
    Sarcasm has to be clever to be effective.

The argument is about whether or not Morrison's phenotypical appearance-- which at one point was supposed to be THE standard appearance for Storm Troopers-- would have led fans to think that any other Clone Troopers could be black at all, much less look specifically like John Boyega.

In his appearance as Jango Fett, Temuera Morrison does not display an appearance that signals his POC status. He could be Italian, Spanish, or even Black Irish-- the last being closest to the mark, since he's supposed to have some Irish ancestry.

Ultraliberals don't want to just control people's minds; they want them all to be mind-readers.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Yeah, I see what you're doing here...leaving your sweater at my place so you can have an excuse to just drop by. Tryin' to be slick..heh, heh .No, it's cool. I'm not doing anything important. Just listening to music while I clean up the place. No, I don't have anything to drink but I can pick something up if you like...
    For our next non-discussion I think we should cover how crappy MOONLIGHT was next to THE BOYS IN THE BAND.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    If you're referring to that vid you put up what three or four weeks ago? You're right, I'm not going to dig through your old posts to find it. The video was disingenuous in the first place, and bringing it up in this context just misses the point.

Now, grab your sweater...the store's not far from here, we can even walk. When we come back we can drink some wine, sing along to Madonna's Greatests Hits vol2. It'll be fun!
    It was a link to someone else's vid. I'd ask you to justify the disingenuous comment, but since that won't happen, let's move on to something substantive, like Nichelle Nichols' cheekbones.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    At a bar with family and Fox News is airing. Top story is that stock market has recovered because the fears of the trade war has eased! ...ah-huh...

Also, Trump is ordering National Guard to the US border now officially.
    Well, that should keep the Trumpanzees momentarily appeased while Donnie Dumbass figures out a way to get SOMEBODY to pay for his precious wall.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Like I said, make a GoFundMe campaign and see of his supporters are so eager to build that wall if they're the only ones paying for it.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    For our next non-discussion I think we should cover how crappy MOONLIGHT was next to THE BOYS IN THE BAND.
    That would be swell! Although it's been well over 25 yrs since I last saw Boys in the Band. It was a heavily edited version that was on broadcast TV in the middle of the night. I barely remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I'm glad you stopped pretending being anything but an alt-right Trump supporter.
    Plenty of people wonder why we are still in these countries a decade and a half later. I have heard the best way to honor our fallen heroes is to stop making more of them....from....somewhere. If pulling soldiers out of cesspools that they are stuck in happens then I can say Trump actually did something good. I mean, it has to happen eventually, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Plenty of people wonder why we are still in these countries a decade and a half later. I have heard the best way to honor our fallen heroes is to stop making more of them....from....somewhere. If pulling soldiers out of cesspools that they are stuck in happens then I can say Trump actually did something good. I mean, it has to happen eventually, right?
    Perhaps. As a counter argument however, they say nature abhors a vacuum, if the U.S. pulls out of said cesspool, what happens if al Queda or ISIS fills that vacuum and things really go to hell? I think we all know that’s just what those scumbags are waiting for, like it or not (and, as a veteran, I don’t), I think we have to have some sort of presence over there.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    It was a link to someone else's vid. I'd ask you to justify the disingenuous comment, but since that won't happen, let's move on to something substantive, like Nichelle Nichols' cheekbones.
    Actually I will explain why I thought it was disingenuous...The video maker's hook is that SJWs are out there burning copies of Secret Empire even though he admits he can only find two examples of this. He then goes on a rambling screed about free speech, fascism, identity politics and of all things antifa. He engages in the same stereotyping and identity politics that he pretends to decry and somehow ignores the fact some of his youtube allies burn, rip up, blow up, and flush down the toilet comics they don't like. So yeah..."SWJs are are running around burning comics" is BS and this video is weak proof and I believe the video maker knew it and he made it just to pander to his fanbase. Cool. He has every right to, but it's still BS.

Now, Nichelle Nichol's cheekbones are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Perhaps. As a counter argument however, they say nature abhors a vacuum, if the U.S. pulls out of said cesspool, what happens if al Queda or ISIS fills that vacuum and things really go to hell? I think we all know that’s just what those scumbags are waiting for, like it or not (and, as a veteran, I don’t), I think we have to have some sort of presence over there.
    And this is why me must never stop being pissed at Bush. He goes in and smashes everything with no plan, now we're stuck a decade and half later throwing money and lives away to prop up everything like Atlas keeping the sky from falling.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Add Rep. Dan Donovan to the list if you haven't WBE. Got a bill he's trying to pass.

Rep. Dan Donovan (R-N.Y.) is planning to introduce legislation that will mandate that post offices of the U.S. Postal Service display photos of the president and the vice president.

A draft of the legislation Donovan plans to introduce says it would require that official portraits of the president and vice president be displayed side-by-side.

The proposal comes after a Staten Island resident alerted Donovan that a local post office put up photos of former President Obama and former Vice President Joe Biden, but did not display photos of President Trump or Vice President Pence.

Donovan is facing a primary challenge from former Rep. Michael Grimm, who finished an eight-month prison sentence in 2016 for pleading guilty to tax fraud and famously once threatened to throw a reporter off a balcony.

Donovan just got a shout-out yesterday for getting caught abusing his authority to get local authorities in New York to dismiss a heroin charge against his girlfriend's son, so there's that, too.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    And this is why me must never stop being pissed at Bush. He goes in and smashes everything with no plan, now we're stuck a decade and half later throwing money and lives away to prop up everything like Atlas keeping the sky from falling.
    I’ve always been of the belief Bush had to punish SOMEBODY for 9/11 or he never would’ve won a second term. Since he couldn’t find Osama bin Laden, he went after his daddy’s old sparring partner, Saddam Hussein, and the rest was sad history, leading to the unholy quagmire we’re in today.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I'm glad you stopped pretending being anything but an alt-right Trump supporter.
    Honestly though, one of the biggest disappointments for me personally was that Obama didn't pull out of the middle-east. I really wanted him to do that, it was a campaign promise.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Bernie Sanders was down in Jackson, Mississippi and... ah...

Bernie in Jackson, Miss.: "The business model, if you like, of the Democratic Party for the last 15 years or so has been a failure.. People sometimes don't see that because there was a charismatic individual named Barack Obama." (1/2)

"He was obviously an extraordinary candidate, brilliant guy. But beyond that reality," Sen. Sanders says, Democrats have lost a record no. of legislative seats.
    Dissing Obama on MLK' s assassination anniversary and to a state with a large black population from my understanding... Bernie ain't doing so well with optics here, is he?