Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Is there an ass cancer ribbon yet?

EDIT: Yup. Purple or purple and teal are the accepted symbols.
    To paraphrase John Paul Jones, "My ass has not yet begun to fight!"
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Well, it’s been said that Trump’s inability to take a joke at the WHCD was what launched our national nightmare in the first place, so this can’t exactly be seen as a surprise.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Which particular video?
    The video I posted one page back,

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Which particular video?
    This...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    The video I posted one page back,
    This one.

Please be objective when listening and watching. Because I honestly don't get it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Are you trying to say this is "Fake News"? That Bernie Sanders did not say this?

Did Sanders say this particular gem? Did he not say that most people who sell drugs are black?

Could it be possible that he is not perfect? That he has said and/or done things that are "problematic"? That he's actually just like every other politician out there?
    No, it's not fake news. The Fake Outrage is Fake News. Ruby Cramer hates the guy period.

So I did a google search on the phrase “Aren’t most of the people who sell the drugs African American?” The ONLY article to come up was hers. Also who were the two people who witnessed this at the table full of people, that no one else mentioned he said?

You want me to take the word of two Anonymous people, reported by a person that despises him, in a room full of people, and no one else heard him say this, and this didn't get headlines? Come on man. I get it, you don't like the guy.

BANNED

This one.

Please be objective when listening and watching. Because I honestly don't get it.
    The sound quality kinda sucks. I can only make out less than half of what is being being said (and Sanders' accent gives me problems in the best of cases), and an unspecified number of people give some applause.

I'm not really sure what I am supposed to see.

No, it's not fake news. The Fake Outrage is Fake News. Ruby Cramer hates the guy period.

So I did a google search on the phrase “Aren’t most of the people who sell the drugs African American?” The ONLY article to come up was hers. Also who were the two people who witnessed this at the table full of people, that no one else mentioned he said?

You want me to take the word of two Anonymous people, reported by a person that despises him, in a room full of people, and no one else heard him say this, and this didn't get headlines? Come on man. I get it, you don't like the guy.
    But you are calling it "fake news." You spend much of your post questioning Buzzfeed's article, and saying the writer has a personal bias.

Also, you dismiss me as "I don't like the guy."

It's the Deification that gets old. We don't need a Sanders Defense Force to rush in to defend him at the drop of a hat. He can do wrong, and he has done wrong. Just as anyone else can do wrong and has done wrong.

All that being said, I would have no problems voting for Sanders should he be the nominee in 2020. But I think of him as another politician (albeit one with views that line up with my own in many ways. But not all ways. No politician is going to be 1:1 with my own political views).
    I gave my thoughts on Sanders right here. Sanders is not a deity. Sanders is not your bae. Sanders is just another politician.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 04-06-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Astonishing Member

Bernie doesn't need to be running in 2020.

Extraordinary Member

Are you trying to say this is "Fake News"? That Bernie Sanders did not say this?

Did Sanders say this particular gem? Did he not say that most people who sell drugs are black?

Could it be possible that he is not perfect? That he has said and/or done things that are "problematic"? That he's actually just like every other politician out there?
    No it’s that we were talking about very misleading point that spurned this discussion and rather than address that flaw you brought up an entirely seperate point so you didn’t have to admit it was wrong.

I don’t think Sanders in perfect. He’s not even my first choice. Warren would be. I think it’s highly ironic that a bunch of the same people that were begging all Democrats to go all hands on deck on Hillary in the interest of winning, are now looking at the most popular politician in the country who performed well in the states Dems needed and combing for every flaw they can and calling him a “divider”. The truth is it just really comes off like it was all just misleading lip service to justify getting everyone on board for the candidate they wanted and wasn’t really genuine. Which is how a lot of us felt. Honestly never really regretted voting for anyone more.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    No reason why he shouldn’t. Actually the only reason why he shouldn’t is salty Hillary supporters who blame him.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    He really shouldn't. He'll be 80 fucking years old. The Democrats need a young 40ish leader to step up and take the heart of the party over. Its how they won in 1992 with Bill Clinton and its how they won in 2008 with Barack Obama. They need that young Democrat to come in and make Trump look like a racist , senile piece of crap in debates.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    No it’s that we were talking about very misleading point that spurned this discussion and rather than address that flaw you brought up an entirely seperate point so you didn’t have to admit it was wrong.

I don’t think Sanders in perfect. He’s not even my first choice. Warren would be. I think it’s highly ironic that a bunch of the same people that were begging all Democrats to go all hands on deck on Hillary in the interest of winning, are now looking at the most popular politician in the country who performed well in the states Dems needed and combing for every flaw they can and calling him a “divider”. The truth is it just really comes off like it was all just misleading lip service to justify getting everyone on board for the candidate they wanted and wasn’t really genuine. Which is how a lot of us felt. Honestly never really regretted voting for anyone more.
    I think some people put way more importance on this thread than what it is, a couple of comic nerds (who already argue minutiae to an unhealthy degree) arguing about politics. We aren't reflective of mainstream political dynamics. If you pay attention to such things, you can see Democrats look like they're going to do well in the midterms. You might not know that from this thread, of course.