Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Maybe I’m a hopeless cynic or I misconstrued things, but after I read that piece, the first thought that came to mind was....what skeletons does this guy have in his closet that he’s praying don’t get dragged out and get him fired?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Invincible Member

I saw this trailer and I'm not sure the concept works anymore, at least not the way it's done here. We now live in a world that's more and more digital, how's it practical to burn books as a way to keep ideas from people?

I guess that boycotts can be a way to make someone accountable, but what I've heard lately is Bill O'Reilly going to a podcast where he cries victim. Maybe there is no way to make asses like him and Ingraham truly accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    What should Immigration and Customs enforcement do about student visa fraud?
    Something that doesn't qualify as entrapment.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    Sanders wanted a primary challenge because Obama was and is a centre right politician who considers George Bush Sr to be a major inspiration for his foreign policy and has very little in common with Sanders or anyone remotely left wing. Sanders should be proud of his call to primary him. Sanders also had strong criticisms of the Clinton and every other right wing Democract administration.

Sanders does understand that you can’t be too critical of Obama so he’s toned it down recently but you’re attacking him for having decency and principles here.
    I see what you did there.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    This is going to be the next gun control battle right here.
    I have a feeling the gun lobby would back things against ghost guns, namely because, if I understand correctly, most ghost gun kits are not made by gun manufacturers but other companies. So yeah any thing to cut off things that crack the sales for them.

Also screw ICE, that's bS.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I guess that boycotts can be a way to make someone accountable, but what I've heard lately is Bill O'Reilly going to a podcast where he cries victim. Maybe there is no way to make asses like him and Ingraham truly accountable.
    Podcasts don’t reach a fraction of the audience being on a national news network does. Let Bill whine all he wants, he’s on the outside looking in where he belongs.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Why doesn't Maher just hurry up and get a show on Fox News already?

It's pretty clear at this point he wants to be their 'pet liberal'.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Why doesn't Maher just hurry up and get a show on Fox News already?

It's pretty clear at this point he wants to be their 'pet liberal'.
    That is so far from reality. He obviously hates Fox News and routinely goes after him.

He is very liberal, but also a libertarian. His views on the boycott were personal because he lost a show due to right wingers calling for a boycott.

I don't agree with Maher all the time and I don't think he is a torch bearer for the Progressives. But he puts on a good show often with interesting guests, with a definite liberal and very anti-Trump slant.

What you said is basically absurd.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That is so far from reality. He obviously hates Fox News and routinely goes after him.

He is very liberal, but also a libertarian. His views on the boycott were personal because he lost a show due to right wingers calling for a boycott.

I don't agree with Maher all the time and I don't think he is a torch bearer for the Progressives. But he puts on a good show often with interesting guests, with a definite liberal and very anti-Trump slant.

Maher doesn’t parrot every liberal talking point and often challenges the group think so people who feel uncomfortable call him a secret conservative. Happens on this board a lot. And yeah Maher knows what it’s like to get boycotted and lose a show because conservatives went after him over something trivialized. Oh and in that situation liberals just put their tail between their legs and let it happen.

Maher’s not a progressive and was one of the people getting antsy over progressives not embracing Hillary, but the guy
    Is a leftist and hates Republican views and policies.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

Yeah. He may share some of Fox News' views and has very ugly opinions, his Islamphobia and anti-vaxxer views, but he would never want to be associated with Fox News themselves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Rants incoherently about teenage boy's pubes, uses the line "college is gay" completely unironically.
    If you made that up people would call it unrealistic. Good to see the universe still has a sense of humor sometimes.
    It always amazes me that people who value "Conservatism, Free Speech, and a Capitalist Market system, get upset when said Market is like NAW! We don't need you. Then they are like, Fight Marxism... I need money Patreon is my friend.

I think Patreon needs to be more discriminating.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher;3578550

[URL="https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mollie-ringwald-unloads-on-breakfast-club_us_5ac803a9e4b07a3485e4c09a"
    Molly Ringwald Unloads On ‘The Breakfast Club’ In The #MeToo Era[/URL]

She’s appalled now by the sexism, racism and homophobia in John Hughes’ films, but those “outsider” teen struggles still touched many.

Breakfast Club is still one of my favorite movies EVER, but even when it was new and like a lot of 80's movies I could see the flaws in them. Especially the way Asians were treated.
    I still love them, and even some movies from the 50's, and I recognize their problems. Ringwald is correct, but I still love Hughes' films.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    this whole DHS tracking journalists bit is terrifying

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michell.../#457739506121
    Yeah, this isn't scary at all. Totally not Fascistic or Dictator like.
    I'm starting to wonder If America "needed" this wake-up call after being comfortable as the "World's greatest nation...Sigh" We see what our power actually can do in the hands of a madman and corrupt politicians.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Fuck Bill Maher! That dude gets worse and worse every season. He's becoming the epitome of Corporate NeoLiberal Bullshit.