Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    What are white women everywhere going to do?!
    Go to their local mom & pop coffee house and support local business?

Find a regional chain?

Go to a place like Peets that has good coffee?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert on my phone saying all Starbucks stores nationwide will be closed on May 29th so employees can undergo racial bias education. Oh, and the manager of that Philadelphia store where the incident with those two black guys went down was removed.
    So stupid. Great I can’t get my coffee so a bunch of college students and vagabonds can sit in and not listen to an hr meeting. Great thanks.

BANNED

I doubt Jones' listeners give a rat's ass if he's acting or not as long as he continues feeding them their daily dose of conspiracy bullshit. Meanwhile....

Sandy Hook Parents Have Just Hit Alex Jones With Defamation Lawsuits

Your move, Alex....
    Good. i can't stand that SOB. Alex Jones and the people that follow and believe he's anything more than a crass entertainer is beyond contempt.

Speaking of Alex Jones this is quite funny.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Go to their local mom & pop coffee house and support local business?

Find a regional chain?

Go to a place like Peets that has good coffee?
    We've got great Coffee houses here in Raleigh.
    Also, Starbucks has ANOTHER scandal that might be brewing...pun intended.

Starbucks in L.A. accused of racism after bathroom incident caught on video

blame black people?

Invincible Member

Just got an alert on my phone saying all Starbucks stores nationwide will be closed on May 29th so employees can undergo racial bias education. Oh, and the manager of that Philadelphia store where the incident with those two black guys went down was removed.
    Hmm...I wonder if this PR stunt may or may not backfire. I think this sends perhaps an unintended message...that the CEO thinks racism is not just a problem with that particular manager or store, but that he thinks it might be a systematic problem through the company and the way the franchise does business.

Invincible Member

Well...more than just white women go to Starbucks...

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Hmm...I wonder if this PR stunt may or may not backfire. I think this sends perhaps an unintended message...that the CEO thinks racism is not just a problem with that particular manager or store, but that he thinks it might be a systematic problem through the company and the way the franchise does business.
    The CEO has been pretty eager to court the type of people who are very upset about what happened, like when baristas were encouraged to talk about race relations.

http://fortune.com/2015/03/16/starbu...tas-race-talk/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Parmila Jayapal has joined the Justice Democrats. This is huge. Democrats are smelling the Progressive wave and win.
    There was a time when they didn't think ANY Justice Democrats would be able to win. Not only are they winning, but SITTING Democrats are joining up.

Please welcome @RepJayapal – a champion for women of color, immigration rights, and racial and economic justice.

Extraordinary Member

The CEO of Starbucks is known for doing super progressive things like this.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, Starbucks had to do something as the chain was staring down the barrel of nationwide protests. Better to publicly admit you have a problem and try to correct it than to say and do nothing and let said problem fester into a nightmare.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

vvvvvvvvvvvv
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The CEO has been pretty eager to court the type of people who are very upset about what happened, like when baristas were encouraged to talk about race relations.

^^^^^^^^^^

That backfired.

I don't see this ending well, either.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    vvvvvvvvvvvv

^^^^^^^^^^

That backfired.

I don't see this ending well, either.
    Do you think there's a more progressive thing he should have done? Or is he **** out of luck?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Parmila Jayapal has joined the Justice Democrats. This is huge. Democrats are smelling the Progressive wave and win.
    There was a time when they didn't think ANY Justice Democrats would be able to win. Not only are they winning, but SITTING Democrats are joining up.

Please welcome @RepJayapal – a champion for women of color, immigration rights, and racial and economic justice.
    I know it's immature of me but when I read the words "The Justice Democrats" I think it's a DC comics spin off or something.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

I remember that. As the kids say today, I thought it was "cringey"