Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I have to go back and watch Rachel Maddow's show last night. Unless I got it mixed up with something else, I thought Comey said that the FBI was in the process of investigating if someone leaked information to Giuliani about the Clinton email server investigation when he was fired. He didn't know what the status of that investigation was. I think I had read a while back in Vanity Fair that there are a couple of big factions in the FBI....the New York office (where Giulani has some connections) and the Beltway/Washinton factions. The NY Faction is where most of the Anti-Clinton staff seem to be.
    Yeah he did say that in his interview.

MADDOW: Did Rudy Giuliani and therefore the Trump campaign have advanced notice from inside the FBI, from the New York field office or wherever, that this announcement from you was coming?

COMEY: Not that I know of, but I saw that same publicity and so I commissioned an investigation to see if we could understand whether people were disclosing information out of the New York office or any other place that resulted in Rudy’s report on Fox News and other leaks that we were seeing in the media.

I don’t know what the result of that was. I got fired before it was finished, but I know that I asked that it be investigated.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...ull-transcript
    Last edited by Mecegirl; 04-20-2018 at 04:43 PM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    If they had at least left when asked to do so, I would agree that they were not racists, just dicks for not buying from the establishment.

When they refused to leave the establishment, that indicates that they'd decided to define their actions as if they were noble Rosa Parks-style protesters. They were no longer individuals asking to be treated like anyone else, they wanted special treatment because of their skin color.

That's racism.
    Not wanting to leave the store when they weren't doing anything wrong ( despite not buying anything) doesn't equal wanting special treatment because of their skin color...and you know it. There's an actual discussion to be had about what should have been the appropriate response by any of the involved parties, but you obviously don't want to have that discussion...you're just trying to get someone's goat. My goat's name is Melvin and he's not leaving the yard.

Now, I've had a couple of beers and I feel a song coming on...but I'll restrain myself for just a moment more...

Invincible Member

Please-- I acknowledge you as the past master of ineptitude, Mister "Stop Arguing and Listen to Some Cool Music."
    I never want anyone to stop arguing, but much of the time you're not arguing in good faith. You're just being willfully obtuse in your attempts to call out regressive liberals or reverse racism or get under skins of whoever or whatever it is you think you're doing. And if you're not willing to have an actual honest debate, then what's the point in having a debate? We might as well listen to some cool music!

Now, what kind of music are you in the mood for? Mosh Pit? Broadway Musicals? Maybe we can mosh on Broadway?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Can we stop quoting Ouroboros? I have him/her blocked and i'm sure others do also. Seeing
    this...

is almost as bad lol.
    Sorry, but I had to respond to him...

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Good job there Rudy putting a target on your back. *slowclap*

Might be satire but. There is always truth in it.
    Last edited by Darkspellmaster; 04-20-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Top Republican Official Says Trump Won Wisconsin Because of Voter ID Law

But Hillary only spent more money in WI than Obama did, so you know all her fault.

We have to realize at some point Trump was not honestly elected.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Top Republican Official Says Trump Won Wisconsin Because of Voter ID Law

But Hillary only spent more money in WI than Obama did, so you know all her fault.

We have to realize at some point Trump was not honestly elected.
    While never setting foot in a state she lost the primary in.

Never mind that a member of Obama's administration has said that HRC's campaign said they "Had Wisconsin Covered..." when he brought up actually canvasing in the state.

Never mind that the results look almost exactly like each of Walker's statewide elections.

Except she was ahead before Comey opened his mouth and still would have won without the voter suppression.

For those who are not filled with Hillary rage there is this

The Comey Letter Probably Cost Clinton The Election

At a maximum, it might have shifted the race by 3 or 4 percentage points toward Donald Trump, swinging Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Florida to him, perhaps along with North Carolina and Arizona. At a minimum, its impact might have been only a percentage point or so. Still, because Clinton lost Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin by less than 1 point, the letter was probably enough to change the outcome of the Electoral College.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Except she was ahead before Comey opened his mouth and still would have won without the voter suppression.
    If this is the case, you are admitting that the election did not hinge on what happened in Wisconsin.

Which is before you even ponder that "Probably" and "Without" don't account for that Bill's totals in the state amounted to a tie during his reelection bid and a potential loss in his initial run.

Even then, that state alone would not have changed the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If this is the case, you are admitting that the election did not hinge on what happened in Wisconsin.

Which is before you even ponder that "Probably" and "Without" don't account for that Bill's totals in the state amounted to a tie during his reelection bid and a potential loss in his initial run.

Even then, that state alone would not have changed the outcome.

"Still, because Clinton lost Michigan, Pennsylvaniaand Wisconsin by less than 1 point"

"Still, because Clinton lost Michigan, Pennsylvaniaand Wisconsin by less than 1 point"
    Sure.

That said, I don't know that I see Comey deciding to bring up that he was going to go through e-mails on Weiner's computer as "Not Honest".

At any point, there is not reason that campaign should have made that mistake. It essentially amounted to rolling the dice on that it would not wind up tripping them up.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Sure.

That said, I don't know that I see Comey deciding to bring up that he was going to go through e-mails on Weiner's computer as "Not Honest".
    It's not honest to bring up that only one candidate's campaign is under investigation when both of them are. We can understand why he did this based on the world he was operating out of, what we know about Comey, the NY FBI field office, and the culture of the FBI and the political pressures Comey was dealing with. He was dumb enough to let himself get played and its cost a lot of people their futures in this country. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's not honest to bring up that only one candidate's campaign is under investigation when both of them are. We can understand why he did this based on the world he was operating out of, what we know about Comey, the NY FBI field office, and the culture of the FBI and the political pressures Comey was dealing with. He was dumb enough to let himself get played and its cost a lot of people their futures in this country. Ah well.
    Man...

I can "Sort Of" see that point of view.

That said, there was an "Inquiry"/"Investigation" that Comey didn't kick off. Once that was there, it blows my mind that you would make a Three Stooges Mistake like leaving anything except a recipe for ice on Weiner's computer. There is no way it was going to lead anywhere good.

After you.
    So you don't have to address your own racism until after everyone else does? Got it. In June, I'll congratulate you on graduating from the second grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Can we stop quoting Ouroboros? I have him/her blocked and i'm sure others do also. Seeing
    this...

is almost as bad lol.
    So just scroll past it. That's what I do with posts I find tiresome and tedious after the first sentence.