So...

There's this development in the whole "I'm Joy Reid, And I Was Hacked..." bit.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/28/medi...ogy/index.html

Joy Reid apologizes and says experts haven't proven she was hacked
    "I spent a lot of time trying to make sense of these posts. I hired cybersecurity experts to see if somebody had manipulated my words or my former blog, and the reality is they have not been able to prove it."

She added: "I genuinely do not believe I wrote those hateful things because they are completely alien to me. But I can definitely understand based on things I have tweeted and have written in the past why some people don't believe me."
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...portunity.html

Joy Reid’s Missed Opportunity

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    So...

There's this development in the whole "I'm Joy Reid, And I Was Hacked..." bit.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/28/medi...ogy/index.html

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...portunity.html
    If I were mad at every person who used to be homophobic in the past, I would have few to no straight friends.
    Also, I am pretty sure those links were posted days ago already. Posting them every other day to silence a voice that is desperately needed to balance out the Andrea Mitchells of this world is deplorable.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    If I were mad at every person who used to be homophobic in the past, I would have few to no straight friends.
    Also, I am pretty sure those links were posted days ago already. Posting them every other day to silence a voice that is desperately needed to balance out the Andrea Mitchells of this world is deplorable.
    Since both of those pieces discuss what happened on Reid's most recent Saturday morning show, I believe you might be mistaken.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

More fallout from Saturday night's WHCD:

Trump Calls For The White House Correspondents’ Dinner To Be Put To ‘Rest’

“This year was an embarrassment to everyone associated with it.” Show of hands if you're surprised by this remark from Sunkist Satan.

CNN’s Ana Navarro Says Michelle Wolf’s Critics Are Acting Like ‘Snowflakes’

She characterized Wolf’s zings as “publicly calling out” the Trump Administration on “their lies and attacks on the media.” Good for Ana for calling out those cowards!

Trump’s Washington Still Offended By Vulgarity, The Word ‘Pussy’

A comedian told nasty jokes, but the president still sets the standard for crudity here. Quoted for truth. But everyone wants to ignore that.

====================

Meanwhile, in other news:

Migrant Caravan Arrives At U.S. Border, Despite Trump’s Threats

The White House mobilized the National Guard, threatened prosecution and likened the asylum-seekers to a national security threat. They’re coming anyway. Newsflash, Donnie: desperate people literally fleeing for their lives aren't going to give even half a shit about your threats.

The Other Reason Trump Hasn’t Fired Scott Pruitt: His Evangelical Christian Ties

The president, wrestling with sex scandals, may want to keep his controversial-but-pious EPA administrator close. Bottom line: Dolt45 won't sack Pruitt because he fears losing the holy roller vote. Yeah, that makes sense.

Get Serious About Online Misogyny Before More Women Are Killed

This week, a young man plowed a rented white van into a crowd of pedestrians, killing 10 and injuring another 13 in the name of a poisonous ideology. Eight women and two men died.

The attacker had been radicalized online, spending time in forums that served as an echo chamber for his increasingly violent thoughts. Before embarking on his rampage, he left a message publicly expressing allegiance to one of those groups, admiration for its spiritual leader, and hate for those who did not adhere to his ideology. Within hours of the mass murder making headlines, members of that same group were publicly rejoicing that innocent lives were lost and bemoaning that more people hadn’t died.

Alek Minassian wasn’t an Islamist terrorist radicalized by ISIS: He was a misogynist extremist, inspired by a subculture of woman-hating online groups. But from beginning to end, his modus operandi was the same as that of any terrorist group.

The group to which the Toronto terrorist belonged is an “incel” community of “involuntarily celibate” misogynists who rage against the women they believe owe them sex, and who advocate rape as a solution to their celibacy. It is part of what the Southern Poverty Law center calls the “online male supremacist ecosystem,” where men gather to denigrate and dehumanize women. That digital ecosystem includes “men’s rights activists” and “pickup artists” who overlap with each other and with the alt-right. The SPLC classifies them as hate groups. When you read the description of how Minassian was radicalized, the ideas his group aimed to spread, how he acted on them and how his fellow “incels” responded, there’s little doubt as to why.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Since both of those pieces discuss what happened on Reid's most recent Saturday morning show, I believe you might be mistaken.
    Today is Monday.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Today is Monday.
    Which would mean the most recent Saturday morning episode of her show was barely two days ago.

That would make having posted links to pieces written since that episode aired(factoring in that they reference that episode) "days ago already..." unlikely.

Which would mean the most recent Saturday morning episode of her show was barely two days ago.

That would make having posted links to pieces written since that episode aired(factoring in that they reference that episode) "days ago already..." unlikely.
    Two is plural, as two is more than one.

Hillary was right!

Closest thing to it is from a day ago. Obviously not the same articles linked to...

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The Joy Reid mess is interesting. The basic timeline is that some people found homophobic comments from her blog that seemed to be written just over a decade ago. She claimed that she had been hacked. Now she says she truly doesn't believe she could have written those comments.

From Vox...

Twitter user Not a Bot @Jamie_Max collected Reid's original comments. He does appear to be politically liberal.

https://twitter.com/Jamie_Maz/status...272010/photo/1

While the statements would cause trouble for a liberal commentator today, the bigger issue is that she lied about a crime being committed.
    Edit: Taking a second look, there was also this. Obviously still not the articles I linked to...

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I don't mind piling on the Anti-Joy Reid train at all.

Joy Reid’s Defenders Praise Her Apology — But Ignore Her Apparent Cover-Up
    The MSNBC host’s most ardent fans are willing to turn a blind eye to her hacking claims, and that’s unsettling.

Of course they do. They ignore everything she does. She attacks Us Democratic Progressives. Independent Progressives, Bernie supporters and anyone not willing to toe the Democrats party line.

You don't support Clinton? Then you're Sexist. You support Progressive ideas, then you're pie in the sky. Reid is an attack dog. She goes after Conservatives and Liberals who don't toe the Pelosi party line.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 04-30-2018 at 02:36 AM.

Never mind that the dates of the articles...

- April 28, 2018: 1:09 PM ET
    - April 29, 2018 1:11 pm

are not yet two days old.

On this date in 2015, 2016, as well as 2017, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" published profiles of Joel Kleefisch, a member of the Wisconsin State Assembly, and the husband of Rebecca Kleefisch, who we reported on his more than decade long history of writing extreme anti-abortion legislation in Wisconsin, and his attempt to amend the Wisconsin state constitution to include a ban on same sex marriage. Kleefisch’s ugliest legislative efforts, however, seem to be when he has supported bills to change child support payment rules on behalf of a wealthy campaign donor of his, and the specific change to the law that Kleefisch was asking for would have allowed a deadbeat dad donor to get off scot free. But the most hypocritically frustrating thing in Joel Kleefisch’s voting record would have to be his fervent support for Wisconsin’s strict new Voter ID laws, because he insists the statistically non-existent problem of in-person voter fraud is widespread, and we need to put a stop of it. There is, however, actual video of Joel Kleefisch pushing buttons on the desks of absent legislators in the Wisconsin Assembly to vote on their behalf as he sees fit, which IS actual in person Voter Fraud but Kleefisch has zero problem with that kind. He also wants to eliminate the age restriction on hunting so that parents can take their two or three-year olds out to bag a buck (really). Oh, and did we mention that on a local conservative talk radio show, Joel Kleefisch defended his belief that Jesus co-existed at the same time as the dinosaurs? Because yes, that also really happened. After winning re-election to his seventh term in office in 2016 with 62% of the vote, he failed in his efforts to find a back-door around the 4th Amendment to allow Gov. Scott Walker to drug test welfare recipients, in the form of a bill he filed that would have required all high school students who participate in an extracurricular activity or park a car on a school campus to undergo random drug testing. Big surprise… parents weren’t too keen on that, and it was the latest insane thing that Kleefisch tried Wisconsin legislature buried somewhere near the Earth’s mantle where it couldn’t do any damage.

And mercifully, so it seems that Wisconsin itself will no longer have to suffer the madness of Joel Kleefisch in the state government, as just about two weeks ago, he announced he would not be running for re-election, fleeing local politics like so many Republicans that seem to be fleeing legislatures like rats from a sinking ship. We only hope the door doesn’t hit him on the way out, because dung splatters.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Was it her frizzy hair that made you think she's Black?
    She looks like my sister except for the hair color. I just assumed. Which made an ass of me. Trying to own it, though.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Closest thing to it is from a day ago. Obviously not the same articles linked to...

Edit: Taking a second look, there was also this. Obviously still not the articles I linked to...
    So you admit to posting about this almost daily, in spite of our house being on fire.

it's almost as if you had an agenda.

Hillary was right!

So you admit to posting about this almost daily, in spite of our house being on fire.

it's almost as if you had an agenda.
    Let's roll tape...

That is still not the case.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Presenting an incredible example of hypocrisy:

NRA Convention Bans Guns To Protect Mike Pence. Parkland Survivors’ Jaws Drop.

Guns will be barred during Vice President Mike Pence’s appearance at an upcoming National Rifle Association convention to protect his safety — prompting survivors of the Parkland school shooting in Florida to wonder why the gun group won’t agree to gun restrictions elsewhere to protect children.

Those attending the NRA Leadership Conference in Dallas are on notice that no firearms or “weapons of any kind,” or ammunition, will be allowed in the Kay Bailey Hutchinson Convention Center “prior to and during” Pence’s appearance on May 4. The NRA posted the restrictions ― a requirement of the Secret Service ― on a website announcing the conference.

“There will be no storage for firearms,” the NRA says in the announcement. Knife Rights, a knife advocacy group, will provide “complimentary storage” for knives, the NRA adds.
    Every time there's been a mass shooting, the NRA wastes no time bleating about how a "good guy with a gun could've taken out a bad guy with a gun", and how guns should be allowed in schools, churches, shopping malls, university campuses, daycare centers, you name it. And yet, good guys won't be allowed to carry their shootin' irons at the convention with Red Grant in attendance? Isn't the Vice President worth protection from bad guys with shootin' irons? What the fuck, Chuck?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!