Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    America's soft power is done for a very long time.
    Who will trust us anymore now that we have proven deals only last until the next election cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Who will trust us anymore now that we have proven deals only last until the next election cycle?
    It's gonna be worse when the US goes to war with Iran.

America's soft power is done for a very long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think even some stalwarts in the GOP see the value of keeping the Iran deal for stability and integrity. Even though they don't agree with it. You can't undo everything for the sake of a vendetta. That has world-changing consequences. If you don't like something, change it.

The current administration is anything but stable or honest and full of spite and neediness for sent-marking.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 05-08-2018 at 10:24 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    I don't know what I'm supposed to be laughing at? Trump is president and is getting away with pretty much everything. And I see very little to make me too overly hopeful that anything will change. There have been some good signs in local elections, but that's it.

November 8, 2016 is pretty much the last day I will ever expect people are going to make the right decision and I see no reason to get my hopes up otherwise.
    Ditto.

In fact, with everything that has happened since he got elected, I have zero faith in any "blue wave" of any sort.

Whatever candidate is picked for the Dems, I wholly expect the same ol, "trump sucks but not as bad as XYZ!" thing to justify votes, along with other dems goign "there part of hte establishment!" and simply not voting.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Okay, let me see if I've got this right: Republicans are obsessed with outlawing abortion so women would be forced to bring kids into the world, only to deny said kids anything in the way of meaningful healthcare when they get sick, just so the GOP can balance the books from their December Tax Scam bill. Somebody, ANYBODY, please tell me how that even remotely makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I think even some stalwarts in the GOP see the value of keeping the Iran deal for stability and integrity. Even though they don't agree with it. You can't undo everything for the sake of a vendetta. That has world-changing consequences.
    You think Trump gives a shit about any of that? Vendettas are his life, the fuel that gives his small, petty and pitiful existence meaning. So what if the ramifications for the world could end of being costly, all Trump cares about is destroying ANYTHING Obama legislated, and to hell with everything else.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

And the Orange Menace (seriously, he still can't get that spray on tan right?) just announced he's pulling the US out of the Iran Deal. Despite US Agencies, and countries worldwide, including long time allies like France, NOT to pull out.

Congrats Trump. You finally pulled out of something.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Of course JBatman liked it. There's nary a thing Trump can do that won't make him unilaterally praise it.

Look, the deal sucked, but guess what? A fundamentalist theocracy that has historical context in hating America arming themselves with nuclear misses sucks worse.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    World holds breath as Trump poised for Iran deal decision

My uneducated guess is that Trump will pull out, mainly because the deal was brokered under the previous administration, and, as we've seen for the past year and a half, Trump has made it his holy mission to destroy anything and everything legislated by Barack Obama, regardless of if it's good for the country or the world. If Dolt45 remains committed to the deal, he risks pissing off his ignorant, liberal hating, knuckledragging base, and his support nationwide is already threadbare. Also, the only world power against the deal is Israel, should Donnie Dumbass lose Netenyahu by not walking away, he'll really be left alone on an island.
    But those same knuckledraggers believe in American isolationism, so mission accomplished?

Well if this does happen, at least Iran won't have Nukes.

This country has said repeatedly they want to wipe Israel off the map... Nuclear energy my ass.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Iran is economically fragile right now and many of its people are upset with their govt. Because of Iran's growing military might in the Middle East, Israel and S.Arabia and other gulf states are more frightened than ever.

This is a good time to try to pressure Iran off of its increased aggression, its spreading foreign influence. The Obama admin admitted that some of our money would go Iran's terrorist groups.

Iran probably won't back out and will try to carry on with Europe. And Iran will recognize that its non-deal actions won't go unpunished and that they can do things to ameliorate their situation with the US by pulling back their aggression and state sponsor of terrorism.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Mighty Member

It's very clear that Trump wants a war.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Well if this does happen, at least Iran won't have Nukes.

This country has said repeatedly they want to wipe Israel off the map... Nuclear energy my ass.
    Isn't this going to make the deal with North Korea become something to question? Like can't they now point and say, hey your ally pulled out of the Iran deal what makes you think we can trust you to not get out of this deal?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    It's very clear that Trump wants a war.
    No he wants to act like he wants a war. What he really wants is to be seen as a bmoc.